Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One return Dub-HH ferry ticket - giving away

• 02-05-2018 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭

I had no idea where to put this, so picked "Travel" - if there's a better location for it, mods please feel free to move!

I have one return foot passenger ticket for the Dublin - Holyhead Stena ferry for the weekend of 12/5.

Outbound - Dub-HH - 0215hrs on Saturday 12th May, arr 0545hrs
    Return - HH-Dub - 2030hrs on Saturday 12th May, arr 2345hrs.

So basically a (very long!) day trip.

I am no longer going to use these, so if they're of any use to anyone give me a shout and I'll pass them on.

They're both on the one e-ticket, so I don't think I can separate them and give a single ticket to two different people. They're also issued to my name and can't be amended, so not sure how diligent ferries are about checking that (not very, I suspect, open to correction on that though!)

They were practically free in a flash sale, but seems a shame for them to go to waste if they're of use to anyone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

If these are the Patricks day €2 each way fares then they aren't transferable. I tried to give my ones away last year but I rang them before hand just to see if they were but they told me they weren't and that the names on the ticket must be travelling and because it's a promo ticket they can't be amended.

Now they might end up letting someone else through on the day but tbh I don't think it'd be worth risking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

grimm2005 wrote: »
    If these are the Patricks day €2 each way fares then they aren't transferable. I tried to give my ones away last year but I rang them before hand just to see if they were but they told me they weren't and that the names on the ticket must be travelling and because it's a promo ticket they can't be amended.

Now they might end up letting someone else through on the day but tbh I don't think it'd be worth risking.

Thanks for that. I suspected as much, but my (admittedly very limited) experience of ferries would suggest that it wouldn't be that difficult to get on board with a ticket in someone else's name.

Having said that, 2.15am is an awfully antisocial time to get told that sorry, your ticket isn't valid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement