Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency Issue

Options
  • 02-05-2018 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I ordered Hungarian Forint online last Wednesday (25th April) as I know it takes up to 5 working days for the money to arrive at the local branch. I am heading to Hungary this Friday. I received the text a few minutes later to say that my order was processed.

I then had 4 missed calls from Bank of Ireland last Wednesday afternoon but was unable to take them as I was in a work meeting and of course when I went to call the number back later I was directed to the main switchboard and didn't have the time to sit through all the options. Anyways a lady from my local branch called last Thursday morning and I was able to take her. She told me that the Forint would be in my local branch for 12pm Tuesday 1st May. I explained I couldn't pick it up on Tuesday as I was away but asked her to keep it aside as I could pick it up any time on Wednesday (today) or Thursday. She told me that was absolutely fine and I went away confident that the money would be there for the middle of this week and was also happy that BOI had called me to clarify my order. 

Called into the branch before lunch today and was told that there was no money there for me to collect and to call back on Friday as the next order would be in then. I explained I had ordered it over a week ago and that I was told it would be there yesterday. I told her that I couldn't pick it up Friday as I was flying early Friday morning. She went off and came back to tell me that apparently it hadn't been ordered in the first place. I don't have time to drive to another branch either as I am working today and tomorrow. 

Really disappointed and annoyed. I know I can take Forint out over there but I need money straight away at the airport to pay a bus driver and don't want to use the ATMs in the airport as they apparently give extortionate rates. That's besides the point though. Can you please clarify how this happened? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

smeal wrote: »
    Hi.

I ordered Hungarian Forint online last Wednesday (25th April) as I know it takes up to 5 working days for the money to arrive at the local branch. I am heading to Hungary this Friday. I received the text a few minutes later to say that my order was processed.

I then had 4 missed calls from Bank of Ireland last Wednesday afternoon but was unable to take them as I was in a work meeting and of course when I went to call the number back later I was directed to the main switchboard and didn't have the time to sit through all the options. Anyways a lady from my local branch called last Thursday morning and I was able to take her. She told me that the Forint would be in my local branch for 12pm Tuesday 1st May. I explained I couldn't pick it up on Tuesday as I was away but asked her to keep it aside as I could pick it up any time on Wednesday (today) or Thursday. She told me that was absolutely fine and I went away confident that the money would be there for the middle of this week and was also happy that BOI had called me to clarify my order. 

Called into the branch before lunch today and was told that there was no money there for me to collect and to call back on Friday as the next order would be in then. I explained I had ordered it over a week ago and that I was told it would be there yesterday. I told her that I couldn't pick it up Friday as I was flying early Friday morning. She went off and came back to tell me that apparently it hadn't been ordered in the first place. I don't have time to drive to another branch either as I am working today and tomorrow. 

Really disappointed and annoyed. I know I can take Forint out over there but I need money straight away at the airport to pay a bus driver and don't want to use the ATMs in the airport as they apparently give extortionate rates. That's besides the point though. Can you please clarify how this happened? 

Hi smeal,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and for letting us know about this.

Can I ask you to send us a Private message with your own name and the branch in question and I'll be happy to follow this up with them.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement