Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private Early Intervention

• 02-05-2018 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Does anyone know any PRIVATE Early Intervention Service for a child with intellectual disability? How much do they charge per child for assessment? Any contact please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

You could probably look at some of the speech and language providers. Eg caint. I think they can do an assessment for you.

Hold on and I’ll look for a link. Here you go
    http://www.caintspeechtherapy.ie/multidisciplinary-assessment/ I’m sure there are similar others.

Are you waiting in public system?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

What's the name of this of fence: if early Intervention's report confirmed that a child has been cleared of intellectual disabilities, but if you do your own private test for the same child and private report confirmed they still have the same disabilities. What's sort of of fence is that by early Intervention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

I don’t think it’s an offense. Hard to comment without my specifics.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am not sure if English is your first language but your post is a little hard to understand.
    Are you asking if a misdiagnosis is an offence?

Advertisement