Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei E5577C

Options
  • 02-05-2018 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, when I bought my Huawei E5577C refurbished modem, I was told that it was unlocked (I made it clear I was looking to use it on other networks). When it arrived, I inserted the SIM card from another network and it is telling me it is SIM locked. I went on to the chat and asked them for an unlock code, but they told me I had to top it up by €120 for it to be unlocked! Since this is a refurbished device for €19.99, this is outrageous! They told me to ring "Customer Loyalty", as they can't unlock it, which I did, but when I enter the MPN from the SIM I received with the device, it tells me its a Meteor number that is out of service.
    Please sort this out for me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi, when I bought my Huawei E5577C refurbished modem, I was told that it was unlocked (I made it clear I was looking to use it on other networks). When it arrived, I inserted the SIM card from another network and it is telling me it is SIM locked. I went on to the chat and asked them for an unlock code, but they told me I had to top it up by €120 for it to be unlocked! Since this is a refurbished device for €19.99, this is outrageous! They told me to ring "Customer Loyalty", as they can't unlock it, which I did, but when I enter the MPN from the SIM I received with the device, it tells me its a Meteor number that is out of service.
    Hi SheikhSteve,

I have looked into this for you and the information provided by our chat team is correct, in order to be eligible to unlock your device you must have topped up by a minimum of €120 of call credit since the phone has been activated.

Unfortunately, I cannot make any comment on the conversation that was had upon purchase. 

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SheikhSteve

Hi SheikhSteve,

I have looked into this for you and the information provided by our chat team is correct, in order to be eligible to unlock your device you must have topped up by a minimum of €120 of call credit since the phone has been activated.

Unfortunately, I cannot make any comment on the conversation that was had upon purchase. 

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas, firstly it is not a phone, it is a modem. Secondly, I have the screenshot of the chat where the agent told me it was unlocked. Under the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013 (SI 484/2013) "If you have a problem with an item that you have bought it is always the seller who should put things right." Which you have not done, and are therefore in breach of the regulations. Send me your email address, so that I can send you the screenshot, or alternatively, I will contact Carolan Lennon, who I am connected to on LinkedIn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi SheikhSteve,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas, firstly it is not a phone, it is a modem. Secondly, I have the screenshot of the chat where the agent told me it was unlocked. Under the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013 (SI 484/2013) "If you have a problem with an item that you have bought it is always the seller who should put things right." Which you have not done, and are therefore in breach of the regulations. Send me your email address, so that I can send you the screenshot, or alternatively, I will contact Carolan Lennon, who I am connected to on LinkedIn
    I apologise for the misinformation provided by our chat team.

The same rules apply to modems as they do to phones in regards to unlocking them to all networks. All of our devices come factory locked to the Eir network. 

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement