Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 2

Options
124»

Comments

The season pass is half price at the minute on Xbox. Might bite at that price, don't see it going for much less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Things must be bleak. I completed the Mumbai mission and that counted as a rare achievement on Xbox.

Thats only the 4th mission. I am definitely not enjoying it as much as Hitman 1 and my hours played reflect that. I kind of had to motivate myself to play some more missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Achievements are a strange thing. Didn't a large % of players in one of the Fallout games not even get past the opening? Yet they launched the game. Quite a mystery.

I missed the last ET. When this happens it usually means my interest is as low as it can go before I uninstall it.

I'd say the first episode/prologue being free would skew the percentages in terms of achievement rarity.

FWIW I really enjoyed it, I'd agree it's not as good as the last one but has some really solid moments later on and I found the last mission a challenge and to be up there with some of the best Hitman moments.

Season pass was worth the 20 quid based on the content so far but no more, I caved and got it last time it was on sale. I wasn't too interested in the sniper assassin ones before they came out but ended up really enjoying completing the challenges in them. Like all headshots, bodies hidden, no alarms etc in one run, or electrocuting the 3 primaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Things must be bleak. I completed the Mumbai mission and that counted as a rare achievement on Xbox.

Thats only the 4th mission. I am definitely not enjoying it as much as Hitman 1 and my hours played reflect that. I kind of had to motivate myself to play some more missions.

You think it's the non episodic missions, level design or something else?

• Advertisement

I was gifted the gold edition when it was €45. That includes the season pass right?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You think it's the non episodic missions, level design or something else?

For me I think the major factor is the game in a non episodic format (full game)

Hitman 1 for me was my most played game in the entire franchise. The game being divided up into multiple episodes allowed me time to invest myself in each location and max out all the challenges and play every angle of a mission. It was very digestible, each episode wouldn't dominate my gaming time. It was also great having something to look forward to when a new episode was about to drop.

The story seems a bit more weak compared to the story of Hitman 1 which seemed to be building up nicely as each episode progressed. Now I know Hitman is a sandbox game more than a story driven game but it felt like the story lost its momentum in Hitman 2.

With so many games out and an expanding backlog I just let Hitman 2 slide until taking it off the shelf the other night and resuming it.

To think originally I was against the episodic release of the game.

Episodic was much better for sure for exactly the reason Failsafe mentions. The crazy thing is you can see once you play season 2 that it was developed to be episodic but released as a full title. I have a feeling a few areas might have been better for having more time in development if released episodically as was clearly the original plan. Cutscenes between levels for the story could have done with a lot more work.

I played everything including the updated season 1 content start to finish doing everything before moving on and it took some will not to move on and see what was next in season 2 once I'd completed a mission. It was constantly nagging at me, taking away from the game.

As for being against it's episodic format originally I think we both ate our hats on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was the exact same, I'm sure i could dig up some posts in the hitman 1 thread about how episodes would be an epic fail but i loved that format when played it. I got to the 2nd mission in hitman 2 before trading it because of boredom.

When hitman 2 was building up to launch, the majority of social media comments on their posts were complaining about the episodes from hitman and how the boycotted it. Now with 2 releasing all together, they would be definitely buying it. It just stunk of people giving out about something they didn't play and the majority probably wouldn't be touching the new one anyway but that's who the bigwigs listen to for feedback.

I preferred the release model of 2. I don't mind decent content updates but episodic is a wallet bleed and artificial 'engagement' bait. If one wants to stick to a single mission for a long time before moving on to the next then I can do just that. I don't need a corporation to literally delay it from me because I have no self control. For H2 I actually got all the unlocks for a mission before moving on to the next even with the legacy missions which I already 100% in H2016.

I'm glad they listened to the fans for this but it's not nearly enough because a lot of the game's core aspects are still linked strictly to remote servers and I think that is criticised harder that the release model.

• Advertisement

I preferred the release model of 2. I don't mind decent content updates but episodic is a wallet bleed and artificial 'engagement' bait. If one wants to stick to a single mission for a long time before moving on to the next then I can do just that.....

Thats what i thought myself but it just doesn't work that way for me. My attention quickly goes to another game. Whereas in the first game I wouldn't move on until I had each location mastered. I am getting to a stage where I want games that I can just put a few hours into and then move on. The episodes were a perfect fit for me.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

PC Gamer have Hitman 2 as the 9th best game in their 2019 top 100 PC games, though the also said the game is better when the first Hitman is included in it.

To be honest I don't mind either release model, I thought episodic release model suited Hitman well but I didn't mind the full release of Hitman 2 either. I reckon all the complaining about the episodic release was the angry internet hive mind at work.

Quality wise its about the same as the last Hitman. I really loved the mood of the New Zealand level. I think Miami was the best level in Hitman 2 overall. From reading around alot of people really liked Another Life mission as it was seen as homage to A New Life from Blood Money. Thought the Golden Handshake DLC mission was pretty good as well. Don't think any mission has matched Sapienza from Hitman though.

Does appear budget restraints went into effect regarding cutscenes as they changed to animated stills in Hitman 2 as opposed to Hitmans full CGI scenes. Weirdly they are animated again in the first DLC mission though they appear to be more in game engine cutscenes than full CGI. Not the end of the world as the story from Hitman 1 was frequently being accused of being dull. I thought it was alright but far from earth shattering. There is an good plot twist/revelation at the end of Hitman 2 though that could lead to something interesting.

Thats what i thought myself but it just doesn't work that way for me. My attention quickly goes to another game. Whereas in the first game I wouldn't move on until I had each location mastered. I am getting to a stage where I want games that I can just put a few hours into and then move on. The episodes were a perfect fit for me.
    You're still capable of playing the game in exactly the way you like to whether it's episodic or not.
    Not to mention that experiencing it with forced limitations with regards to advancing to the next stage is only something users can enjoy during its early release cycle. It eventually will be finished and all episodes will be at your fingertips, ruining the experience apparently by your standards so it would mean it only has an enjoyable shelf life for when it's in its early release cycle - not something the sales suggest.

The servers being shut down or the user not having the fortune of reliable, cheap, uncapped net access are what actually impair people from properly enjoying the game assuming the publisher doesn't cauterise that wound with a final update that makes it function completely offline... something I wish they'd do now rather than later because to me it is more important than the release model. They can release it episodically and I won't mind much because I just won't be interestred it until it's fairly complete and has a more traditional price tag. H2 is not worth €90 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Do I need play hitman complete first season before playing hitman 2 or does it matter?

There is a storyline that continues on from Hitman in Hitman 2. So if you want to better understand the storyline then it helps to have played the original.

Story is okay, nothing great nothing terrible.

Hitman has 6 levels in total, and three of them are excellent so I recommended playing the first game to get them.

Hitman is currently free on the Epic Store if you want to get it there is no reason not too.

Note one other thing. If you have Hitman and Hitman 2 on Steam, Hitman 2 allows you to import the levels from Hitman into Hitman 2. As Hitman 2 is not available on Epic Game Store at the moment so you don't have that option.

The missions are the same but there is a few changes. They introduced a picture in picture camera in Hitman 2 to give you a heads up on how a dead body was discovered. The A.I was also slightly changed to be forgiving of trespassing and how it effects you rating and the overall difficulty is slightly tweaked. How you unlock weapons and equipment may be slightly different.
    Achievements from Hitman are also earn-able in Hitman 2.

So I’m about finish 1 before starting 2 . Just wondering what are the two mission the Sarajevo 6 & patient zero are they worth playing and are they related to the 6 story missions in any way ?

I can't say as those missions where PS4 exclusive. I don't believe they are related to the main story line, they are like a side story.

So I'm after finishing 2 . Is the dlc worth buying for €8? Iv 3 ordered off Amazon but god knows when I will get it with brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

brady12 wrote: »
    So I'm after finishing 2 . Is the dlc worth buying for €8? Iv 3 ordered off Amazon but god knows when I will get it with brexit

Yeah, personally I think the extra levels, extra special assignments on existing levels and sniper missions were great fun and if you put a lot of time into Hitman 2, its a great expansion for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, personally I think the extra levels, extra special assignments on existing levels and sniper missions were great fun and if you put a lot of time into Hitman 2, its a great expansion for that price.

Plus they'll be accessible in 3.

• Advertisement

Plus they'll be accessible in 3.

Not on PC unless you buy them again by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Azza wrote: »
    Not on PC unless you buy them again by the looks of things.

Only if you buy from the Epic store, if you wait for the Steam version it will be available.

Preorders on Epic come with the Hitman 1 pack, the Hitman 2 pack has 80% off for the first 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Used a train to kill someone altho funny, extremley unstealthy.

Advertisement