Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir cut my broadband off without warning- terrible experience

Options
  • 02-05-2018 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Thread taken down.

Update day 16 - still no broadband service. - nightmare continues.

After awaiting account to be ceased in what I was told would be a 24 hour period following waiting 9 days for this to happen whereby I could then re-order to be a 'new customer' I then ordered my BB.

Install appointment scheduled for today, 7 days after ordering and being told install will be escalated, KN guys turns up to install phone line only, except as I had already advised Eir, I have a phone line. Oh right he says goes up to the exchange, flicks a switch, calls back advising me of my new phone number, gone is the phone number I have enjoyed and everyone knows for the past 25 years. No problem he says call 1901 (grrrr) and they will switch to your old number. Called 45 minutes later, three transfers, whole episode discussed, told this could take up to 10 working days.

Anyhow, to my broadband. KN guy says only have instructions to install a new phone line (remember no new line installed, he did not even cross the threshold), no BB install he tells me, you will have to ring appointments and get another appointment, I will have to wait 24 hours before I can do this. I remonstrate I have been 16 days without service and I would appreciate BB. He was very nice and apologetic but he says his computer says 'no', only phone line install. It is up to the customer to ring appointments to complete the order. I remonstrate I have taken a day off work for this install all the time remembering he has not even cross my threshold. Full of apologise he leaves. Took the day off and he had been and gone in 10 mins. 

So, I call regarding getting an appointment for the BB install, a number of transfers and my journey re-itterated again and again. Told, nooo, I will have to call again in 24 hours, may be even 48 hours and hopefully then i can be given an appointment. Remonstrations why I am having to call when the order was clearly for a BB install.

Anyhow, I am left now to make phone calls, at least now I have a phone line with a number I neither recognise or can remember to call on, possibly once or twice further in 24 or 48 hours whenever Eir decide they are ready for me.

Well another week + will go by as I was reminded it is a bank holiday and this will push any install date out further without any BB service.

Teenage kids at home want to kill me and not Eir especially as I have 2 teenagers one doing the Junior Cert and the other the leaving who keep reminding me they need the 'tinternet' to study. Don't worry i assured them with all the issues Eir have caused me they assured me they would have us back up and running today, eh hem. I better make another call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

ohalls wrote: »
    Thread taken down.

Update day 16 - still no broadband service. - nightmare continues.

After awaiting account to be ceased in what I was told would be a 24 hour period following waiting 9 days for this to happen whereby I could then re-order to be a 'new customer' I then ordered my BB.

Install appointment scheduled for today, 7 days after ordering and being told install will be escalated, KN guys turns up to install phone line only, except as I had already advised Eir, I have a phone line. Oh right he says goes up to the exchange, flicks a switch, calls back advising me of my new phone number, gone is the phone number I have enjoyed and everyone knows for the past 25 years. No problem he says call 1901 (grrrr) and they will switch to your old number. Called 45 minutes later, three transfers, whole episode discussed, told this could take up to 10 working days.

Anyhow, to my broadband. KN guy says only have instructions to install a new phone line (remember no new line installed, he did not even cross the threshold), no BB install he tells me, you will have to ring appointments and get another appointment, I will have to wait 24 hours before I can do this. I remonstrate I have been 16 days without service and I would appreciate BB. He was very nice and apologetic but he says his computer says 'no', only phone line install. It is up to the customer to ring appointments to complete the order. I remonstrate I have taken a day off work for this install all the time remembering he has not even cross my threshold. Full of apologise he leaves. Took the day off and he had been and gone in 10 mins. 

So, I call regarding getting an appointment for the BB install, a number of transfers and my journey re-itterated again and again. Told, nooo, I will have to call again in 24 hours, may be even 48 hours and hopefully then i can be given an appointment. Remonstrations why I am having to call when the order was clearly for a BB install.

Anyhow, I am left now to make phone calls, at least now I have a phone line with a number I neither recognise or can remember to call on, possibly once or twice further in 24 or 48 hours whenever Eir decide they are ready for me.

Well another week + will go by as I was reminded it is a bank holiday and this will push any install date out further without any BB service.

Teenage kids at home want to kill me and not Eir especially as I have 2 teenagers one doing the Junior Cert and the other the leaving who keep reminding me they need the 'tinternet' to study. Don't worry i assured them with all the issues Eir have caused me they assured me they would have us back up and running today, eh hem. I better make another call.
    Hi ohalls ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you can change provider do so.

I believe I told you this already op.

Vodafone, sky use the same line or get virgin media if in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ohalls

If you can change provider do so.

I believe I told you this already op.

Vodafone, sky use the same line or get virgin media if in your area.
    Its on the cards.

Update - Day 17 - still no BB service.

Rang again today (grrrrrr).

Told my install is a 2 stage install. No mention of this when I 're-ordered' or when my first appointment date was given (grrrr).

Told I have been given an appointment for 10/05/2018 - nice of them to have let me know! - nice seeing as I have been without BB at that stage for close on to a month at that stage. Apparently this is the second stage of my 2 stage install!!!

Magic, who would have thought an install date was the date you were actually getting your install and would be back up and running. Noooo, why would something so joined up like that work.

Here's to requesting another day off from work. 2 days from very limited a/l gone through no fault of my own.

1 part install was not even an install, 10 min visit from KN and didn't even have to be there as he trotted off to the exchange!

OMG!!!!!!!!

Update - Day 18 - Still no BB after Eir cut me off without warning and have made no discernable effort to try and get me back up and running or escalte any order.

This is just magic.

even better I am paying for the privalage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement