Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant identification

Options
  • 02-05-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I bought seeds on eBay (usually works out) for a liquorice plant. I don't think that's what's growing feom the seeds I got.

Can anyone identify this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Leaves are reminiscent of a young mallow plant (malva sp)

I would suggest let it grow and see if it flowers.

Are the leaves hairy underneath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

My first reaction is that its a cucumber plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Leaves are very soft with tiny hairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hollyhock was the other thought but along with mallow and and cucumber they are all malvaceae so I think we are in the right area?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

After doing a bit of googling it does look very close to them especially the cucumber leaves. I'll let it flower and update here before I decide it's fate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Zenify wrote: »
    After doing a bit of googling it does look very close to them especially the cucumber leaves. I'll let it flower and update here before I decide it's fate.

For cucumber watch out for the development of tendrils which help support the plant.

Advertisement