Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a TV to Portugal

Options
  • 02-05-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving to Portugal and would like recommendations about how to pack a 42'' LED Smart TV and which service to use.

Also if it's too risky I'm considering selling the TV and buying a new one in Portugal, but I don't like the idea because this TV costed me 700€ here 5 years ago and now if I have to buy a new one I think it probably would cost me 500€. I also like a lot the current TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

sugarman wrote: »
    It's not only extremely risky but very expensive. You're probably looking at €100 minimum. You'd want to have it insured too at additional costs to cover breakages.

It'd just make more sense to sell it here and buy another TV in Portugal. You got a good 5 years out if it, the TV's depreciated massively in that time. Probably worth half of what you paid.

Why not buy a used TV over there? If you're happy with your current TV I'd image you could find the same tv or very similar for the same price you could sell your TV for here.

Maybe that's the best.

It's not only extremely risky but very expensive. You're probably looking at €100 minimum. You'd want to have it insured too at additional costs to cover breakages.

It'd just make more sense to sell it here and buy another TV in Portugal. You got a good 5 years out if it, the TV's depreciated massively in that time. Probably worth half of what you paid.

Why not buy a used TV over there? If you're happy with your current TV I'd image you could find the same tv or very similar for the same price you could sell your TV for here.

I'm going to put it on sale to see the offers.
    Anyway for the post option which service and packaging do you recommend?

Yeah put it up on adverts.ie or donedeal and see what you can get.

I prefer DPD, usually very liable and reasonably priced but they're all very much the same.

What about using An Post for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Have you seen how cheap new TVs are?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tendjose wrote: »
    ....this TV costed me 700€ here 5 years ago and now if I have to buy a new one I think it probably would cost me 500€. I also like a lot the current TV.

Get that €700 number out of your head for starters. A new TV with the same features will probably cost about €300-400 today and it will come with a 12 months guarantee and you'll have one less thing to worry about during your move.

Philips 43" ultra-slim LED TV for €329 in Harvey Norman..

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/phillips-43-4100-series-ultra-slim-led-tv-43pft4132.html

LG 43" LED TV in Power City for €379.99 ..

https://powercity.ie/product/43LJ614

A five year old TV will be worth very little on the secondhand market, expect to get ridiculous offers from tyre kickers or enquiries from prospective buyers who's only motivation will be to visit your house to asses it for a future burglary. I'd give it to a friend or offer it to a local school or charity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement