Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chancers in Bord Gais Energy

Options
  • 02-05-2018 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Would anybody have contact details for the CEO of Bord Gais Energy?

I had serious trouble with them a while ago and they tried every trick to get out of it, but after two separate complaints to the CER energy regulator. they backed down, fixed the issue, and even compensated me.

It took three months of them farting around before they sorted the issue and this caused me serious grief. I told them I was moving my personal accounts and would pay them in three months - just like they kept me waiting.

Now I have debt collectors calling me. What they don't realise is, I am in control of three more accounts I will pull and possibly not pay if they don't back down (again)

So far, it has cost them 200 euro, 50 euro (I think), compensation, a hold on 134 euro, and 175 euro (hello credit for setting up a new account when I pulled the last ones). They are absolute thicks and the usual contact emails don't appear to be answering me for some reason :rolleyes:

I would like to tell the CEO what his team are doing, I don't think he will be to impressed, even if he is moving position later this year....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Think your just going to cause yourself more grief now, you should have quit while you were ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

how.gareth wrote: »
    Think your just going to cause yourself more grief now, you should have quit while you were ahead

Maybe so, but I will not let them away with ANYTHING.

There is a bill there for 230 euro. Due May 15th, then my own bill which I told them I would pay on May 15, (Due date plus 3 months - the time they held me up) but they sent to a debt collector who rang me and asked for my security details. I asked her did she really expect me to give my security details to a stranger on the phone? So she can **** off <SNIP> calls - asking for my private details , yeah right.

If they dont back down, I will pull the the direct debits again. But they dont seem to be answering me when I ask for the CEOs contact details......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm inclined to agree that you pushed this a bit too far with the three month hold but their registered office is One Warrington Place Dublin 2. Write to him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

When a bill is due, its due. You can't decide to pay when you feel like it. Regardless of issues. And really, is there any need for this: **** off <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@ScouseMouse - I know you’re feeling this right now, but a little less of the heated comments please

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If I told revenue commissioners I would pay them my vat bill in 3 months - they'd simply put a block on my bank account.

Making up your own "punishment" against large corporations, is foolish. You are a minnow.

Switch and take business elsewhere - life is too short for these hassles.

I'm inclined to agree that you pushed this a bit too far with the three month hold but their registered office is One Warrington Place Dublin 2. Write to him there.

I am wound up big time. They closed the first complaint to CER due to my "non reply", they wanted land registry documents from a landlord to prove ownership to remove an unauthorised payg meter. It told them it was none of their business.
    Then the complaint was reopened and they bleeped my phone once and hung up. Probably an attempt to show they tried to contact me. I screenshotted my call list to show it rang once and sent it to the CER. They are chancers and I am treating them as they treated me

They don't realise I control multiple other accounts.....

Sorry dudara, last post crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Relax. If you control other accounts then move them.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    If I told revenue commissioners I would pay them my vat bill in 3 months - they'd simply put a block on my bank account.

Making up your own "punishment" against large corporations, is foolish. You are a minnow.

Switch and take business elsewhere - life is too short for these hassles.

When i had my own business, Revenue were efficient and quick, I NEVER was fecked around like Bord Gais tried to do to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When was the taxman given the legal authority to mess with people's bank accounts?

What exactly do you mean by 'put a block on my bank account'?

coylemj wrote: »
    When was the taxman given the legal authority to mess with people's bank accounts?

What exactly do you mean by 'put a block on my bank account'?

Revenue have always had authority to put a notice of attachment to a bank account if taxes are due and they use it regularly.

Revenue have always had authority to put a notice of attachment to a bank account if taxes are due and they use it regularly.

I know they do and would. But I have never experienced revenue acting the Bollix like happened here.
    I only had fair reasonable experiences with them, unlike 3 months of hassle with someone else, and I won't forget it

I know they do and would. But I have never experienced revenue acting the Bollix like happened here.
    I only had fair reasonable experiences with them, unlike 3 months of hassle with someone else, and I won't forget it

I hope you never have a dispute with PayPal - they take incompetence to a new level.

Your issue, no matter how bad it is, would be in the hapenny place in comparison

Advertisement