Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Electricty supplier wrong closing account readings

Options
  • 02-05-2018 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Used OneBigSwitch to move from Energia to Board Gáis due to Energia not offering same discount as my first year with them.

I filled in 19th April as closing date and provided a meter reading for that day.

Closing bill arrived today from Energia and they have billed up to 22nd April.

You would think, 3 days, no biggie?

They have me using 210 units in those 3 days!
    I've only used about 415 units from 19th until today!

I suspect either onebigswitch passed on incorrect info or Board Gáis did.

Anyone experience this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

What's the difference? A fiver? Less - probably 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

CeilingFly wrote: »

Would love to be with your provider! Try closer to 50 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭rodge123

Difference is minimal IF Board Gáis start my billing at the same units reading that Energia closed it at I suppose.
    Dont know this yet though until I get first bill from them.

rodge123 wrote: »
    Difference is minimal IF Board Gáis start my billing at the same units reading that Energia closed it at I suppose.

Meter readings are independent of the billing company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

rodge123 wrote: »

Start reading for the new supplier will be the closing with the old company.

• Advertisement

Subtle wrote: »
    Would love to be with your provider! Try closer to 50 quid...

On 210 units? Even at top whack of 18c a unit, the cost is €37. The saving is the difference between the charged rate and the new lower rate on these 210 units. So probably €3

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

On 210 units? Even at top whack of 18c a unit, the cost is €37. The saving is the difference between the charged rate and the new lower rate on these 210 units. So probably €3

Fair enough - I assumed your first post was in relation to the actual cost of 210 units (if for some reason the incorrect reading was only on Energia's side).

Advertisement