Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir,Is this a joke?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Steve F wrote: »
    Just spoke to Orla on 1901 She told me I am entitled to 14 days cooling off and can just take it back to the store and get it cancelled
    Can Eir Reps confirm this is correct before I make the journey over the next few days please
    Thanks
    Steve
    Hey Steve, 

The problem is, the nearest Meteor LTE mast is 8.1KM away from you, with no line of sight. (See attached)
    The next best option is a Three mast 5km north of you in Inniskeen. There's an obstruction about halfway between you though, so you'd need to put a pole up to about 15m, use a decent LTE router and replace the aerials with a unidirectional 12db antenna. 

So it all depends how desperate you are for some decent internet. You're in a blackhole in that area though unfortunately. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Morpork wrote: »
    Hey Steve, 

The problem is, the nearest Meteor LTE mast is 8.1KM away from you, with no line of sight. (See attached)
    The next best option is a Three mast 5km north of you in Inniskeen. There's an obstruction about halfway between you though, so you'd need to put a pole up to about 15m, use a decent LTE router and replace the aerials with a unidirectional 12db antenna. 

So it all depends how desperate you are for some decent internet. You're in a blackhole in that area though unfortunately. 

Morpork
    Thank you very much for this detailed information.Very informative
    I tried 3 last week but to no avail
    I was aware that we get our 3 signal from inniskeen as we have our mobile phones with them but had no idea there was an obstruction.Wonder what it is?
    At present we get our BB from Vodafone at Monvallet next to Ballykelly but the allowance is only 30GB per month
    They do a 150GB per month tariff but it's an extra 15 euros per month
    If I find out what the obstruction is between us and the 3 mast maybe I can knock it down ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Just spoke to Orla on 1901 She told me I am entitled to 14 days cooling off and can just take it back to the store and get it cancelled
    Can Eir Reps confirm this is correct before I make the journey over the next few days please
    Thanks
    Steve
    Hey Steve, 

Three only use the 1800 band for LTE, its only good for close range. Meteor use both the 800/1800 but probably location dependant. Better off looking for decent 3g coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

spix wrote: »
    Thanks
    Steve
    Hey Steve, 

Three only use the 1800 band for LTE, its only good for close range. Meteor use both the 800/1800 but probably location dependant. Better off looking for decent 3g coverage.
    Three use 800Mhz too Spix. Loads of it. 

ED E wrote: »
    Thanks
    Steve
    Hey Steve, 

Is that a recent thing? Checking the 4g coverage maps of three, the indoor coverage areas don't seem to reach very far, over 50% of their coverage is outdoors only. Three seems to have the weakest 4g coverage of all the networks and I know meteor/vodafone use 800mhz, I get an indoor signal with them but nothing from three. Three's 3g coverage however the best indoors for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

At least a couple years of it, all of the Motorway 4G is 800Mhz. Thats why we warn users against Chinese phones without it as its kinda crippling in places.

B20

AjSstfN.png

B3

ZkJHyIV.png

Edit: Typo

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

ED E wrote: »
    Thanks
    Steve
    Hey Steve, 

Is that a recent thing? Checking the 4g coverage maps of three, the indoor coverage areas don't seem to reach very far, over 50% of their coverage is outdoors only. Three seems to have the weakest 4g coverage of all the networks and I know meteor/vodafone use 800mhz, I get an indoor signal with them but nothing from three. Three's 3g coverage however the best indoors for me.
    Not a recent thing, definitely have 800 in rural areas. 
    The setup I was going for is outdoor using the antenna, so it's somewhat irrelevant. I've done an 8km link in the middle of nowhere which is getting 50mb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Steve F wrote:
    Thanks I tried putting modem in the window but to no avail Maybe I should hang it out the window ha ha

Years ago with Three, I used to have to hang my dongle out of the window wrapped in multiple bags and stuff just to get a basic 3g signal.

Thankfully loads better now, 4g most of the time.

3/5/18 Just spoke to Orla on 1901 She told me I am entitled to 14 days cooling off and can just take it back to the store and get it cancelled
    Thanks
    Steve

Please give me an answer before Bank Holiday weekend.Been waiting over 24 hrs now for a response from Eir
    The Reps are responding to other posts and I would appreciate the same courtesy
    Thanks 
    Steve

3/5/18 Just spoke to Orla on 1901 She told me I am entitled to 14 days cooling off and can just take it back to the store and get it cancelled
    Thanks
    Steve

Please give me an answer before Bank Holiday weekend.Been waiting over 24 hrs now for a response from Eir
    Thanks 
    Steve
    Did you manage to cancel that?

• Advertisement

Good afternoon
    Just bumping this as I still haven't had any response from Eir and the branch I wish to return the modem to is not picking up their phone
    Could the Reps please answer the question Can I return the modem to the shop I bought this from last week and cancel the contract?
    Thanks
    Steve

Thanks
    Steve

Thanks 
    Steve
    Hiya Spix
    See my last post...just had to bump it as the Reps on here are ignoring my requests for an answer

Thanks
    Steve

Thanks 
    Steve
    Hiya Spix
    See my last post...just had to bump it as the Reps on here are ignoring my requests for an answer
    Looks like they might be advised to not assist in any cancellation attempts? Strange how they won't reply to you.

Thanks
    Steve

Thanks 
    Steve
    Hiya Spix
    Looks like they might be advised to not assist in any cancellation attempts? Strange how they won't reply to you.
    Yes,The Reps are active on here so they are seeing my posts but are choosing to ignore my requests for help.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks
    Steve

Thanks 
    Steve
    Hi Steve F,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Our terms and conditions provide you with a 14-day period in which you can cancel your service(s) with us without incurring penalties. This period commences on the date of provision of the last of your services to be provided. Please note that cancellation thereafter requires you to give 30 days’ notice and may incur charges for cessation within the term of your contract.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks
    Steve

Thanks 
    Steve
    Hi Steve F,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Our terms and conditions provide you with a 14-day period in which you can cancel your service(s) with us without incurring penalties. This period commences on the date of provision of the last of your services to be provided. Please note that cancellation thereafter requires you to give 30 days’ notice and may incur charges for cessation within the term of your contract.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks
    I will return the modem to the store I got it from
    Sadly the signal was unusable
    Steve

Advertisement