Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2019

Options
  • 02-05-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

So, I think it’s time to start this thread!

found out today that I’m pregnant with baby no.3! Not planned at all and a huge shock but we’ll manage I’m sure!

EDD is January 7th. However, I was a week early on my first and two weeks early on my second so I’ll be touching base with the Dec 18 thread too!

Anyone else out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, I’m due the 8th January. My first baby but very nervous at the moment because it’s such early days. Delighted to be pregnant but feeling like it’s all a bit too lucky as we got pregnant first month we tried so trying not to get too attached to the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭natc

Dochasjan wrote: »
    Hi, I’m due the 8th January. My first baby but very nervous at the moment because it’s such early days. Delighted to be pregnant but feeling like it’s all a bit too lucky as we got pregnant first month we tried so trying not to get too attached to the idea!

Congrats on the good news!
    It’s understandable to be nervous but if you have no cause for concern then don’t let it overshadow the sheer joy of expecting your first child.

Have you had any early symptoms? By this stage on my previous two pregnancies I had terrible bowel problems and horrible achy boobs! This time I’m doing pretty good though tbh. I’ve even more energy than usual, cleaned the house and managed a hike around Glendalough this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

natc wrote: »
    Congrats on the good news!
    It’s understandable to be nervous but if you have no cause for concern then don’t let it overshadow the sheer joy of expecting your first child.

Have you had any early symptoms? By this stage on my previous two pregnancies I had terrible bowel problems and horrible achy boobs! This time I’m doing pretty good though tbh. I’ve even more energy than usual, cleaned the house and managed a hike around Glendalough this weekend!

Just found my username.

Thanks, I know you’re right, trying to just calm down!
    I have the tender boobs, light headedness and some slight crampiness...not feeling overly tired though. I thought it would be harder on the third pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Hi ladies,congrats to you all! Just found out last night I'm pregnant with my third baby! Due January 11th.
    So so excited but nervous too as it's such early days.
    No major symptoms yet apart from feeling a bit off the past week or so and have that horrible metal taste in my mouth.

Congratulations!

Had my GP visit so starting to feel a little more real now. Lots of decisions to be made!

• Advertisement

I hope your GP visit put your mind at ease a bit Peppery!

I don’t have mine until next Thursday. My GP is a hard person to catch. Nausea is really kicking in now. I wasn’t a bit sick on my son but suffered with my daughter so I wonder if this nausea is a sign? If only it was that easy to predict! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

Hi ladies I'm going to jump on with ye. Congratulations to all xx just found out yesterday, were expecting our 1st
    Est due date the 14th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Cautiously joining with an EDD of Jan 17th, had a early miscarriage in Jan so fingers crossed all goes well this time round. Number two for me, little girl is 20 months. Went three weeks early on her so could end up being a Dec baby.

Will pop doctor during the week for the confirmation and the likes.

Seen a few tarot card readers over the years and they’ve all told me that twins are going to happen at this age so let’s see what happens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thought i was clicking into the January 2018 thread! My little girl was born on 11th Jan this year. She's just fabulous.

Congrats ladies. Enjoy your pregnancies. Too early for me to be broody but I'm sure that'll change in a few months. Take care x

Also feeling nausea hit badly over the last few days. No actual vomiting but I can’t eat my normal meals and I seem to be craving just plain carbohydrates which is so strange - would have thought my body would want some nutrients! How do people cope with the morning sickness and eating healthily?

I just booked in for an early scan and tests for 10 weeks.

• Advertisement

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Seen a few tarot card readers over the years and they’ve all told me that twins are going to happen at this age so let’s see what happens :D
    Congrats wexy!
    Wow.. that'll be interesting to see if they were right!

Peppery wrote: »
    Also feeling nausea hit badly over the last few days. No actual vomiting but I can’t eat my normal meals and I seem to be craving just plain carbohydrates which is so strange - would have thought my body would want some nutrients! How do people cope with the morning sickness and eating healthily?

I just booked in for an early scan and tests for 10 weeks.

For me it’s just a case of grin and bare it! I’m overweight as it is and wouldn’t have the best diet so I’m doing my best to eat plenty of the good stuff. I have no interest in eating sweet foods like fruit etc but I’m forcing myself to because I know it’s what we need. All I want is meat and savory foods!

Anyone got any recommendations for good pregnancy apps?

teggers5 wrote: »

I have the BabyCentre app. I like it, has loads of different tools on it along with a day by day timeline etc.

Had my appt with GP today. All seems good so far, BP up a bit, but not high. Have lost 5lbs which is good I guess!!

Back to her in 6 weeks as she said it’s unlikely I’ll have my first clinic appt by then which doesn’t seem right! Surely I should be seen and scanned at week 12? She said there are delays due to the sheer numbers attending.

Thanks natc, I'll try that one :)

I had my first visit to the Gp today too. He only checked my blood pressure and weight. And filled out form for hospital.
    He also referred me to the early pregnancy unit as I am quite anxious over problems in my first pregnancy (15 years ago!) and he hopes it'll help put my mind at ease.

Thanks natc, I'll try that one :)

I had my first visit to the Gp today too. He only checked my blood pressure and weight. And filled out form for hospital.
    He also referred me to the early pregnancy unit as I am quite anxious over problems in my first pregnancy (15 years ago!) and he hopes it'll help put my mind at ease.

Aw it’s always nice to get a scan no matter how early!

It sure is. I had lots of scans in my previous two pregnancies due to low lying placenta but it was always lovely to see things progressing normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

Congrats all! Jumping on this thread. Edd Jan 19 for baby #3. Have an almost 3 year old girl and a just turned 1 boy!! Must pop to doc next week to get the ball rolling, will be going to cumh. Had some issues on both previous pregnancies so hoping for a nice relaxed experience this time round!!

Tentatively joining this thread! I'm a regular user so going with a different name until all confirmed etc. First baby so very surreal! Estimated date, by my calculations, is January 27th but have Dr's appointment on Monday so we'll see what that brings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

How’s everyone feeling? Only gone 5 weeks and feel horrible with the naseau. Constant all day every day, no appetite, can’t sleep, just uncomfortable - it going to be a long few months if this don’t lift!

• Advertisement

Oh no Wexy :(
    I'm feeling nauseous almost every morning now but it passes after a couple of hours thankfully. I'm finding the SeaBand wristbands really good. I put them on before
    I get out of bed.
    The exhaustion is killing me though. I feel that if I sit down at all I will nod off. And my sense of smell is so strong now. I walked past a chipper in town yesterday and I thought I was gonna throw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Found out last week we are due baby #4 on 18th January.
    My youngest just turned one.

Eeek

I downloaded a few over the past couple of weeks and I've stuck with only two - WebMD and Ovia. They are both free.

I tried Sprout which has really cool graphics of the pregnancy but my free trial ended and I felt it wasn't worth paying for the graphics!

I love the CLUE app for monitoring my cycles usually, I wish they did a pregnancy app too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarabi18

Hi ladies

Just confirmed pregnancy late last week.
    This is baby no.2 - very excited and nervous again!
    Had slightly high blood pressure when at the GP confirming pregnancy - hoping that will go down quickly
    Not so much nausea this time so far......but oh the tiredness!

Hope yee are all keeping well :)

Congrats to all the newcomers to the group! It’s quickly filling up!

I’m definitely feeling the effects now, nausea is awful the past week. Only managed half a day in work today. Have to admit the vomiting is making it hard to keep it a secret...

Had my first Dr's appointment today. I know the staff in the practice really well so it was lovely to see how excited they were when they saw my name on the list today! Now that it'a been confirmed we're planning on telling the families this week.

I have to say I'm worried about the sickness. I'm a teacher so it'll be hard to hide! Only a few weeks until the holidays but it's definitely on my mind!!

Peppery wrote: »
    I downloaded a few over the past couple of weeks and I've stuck with only two - WebMD and Ovia. They are both free.

I tried Sprout which has really cool graphics of the pregnancy but my free trial ended and I felt it wasn't worth paying for the graphics!

I love the CLUE app for monitoring my cycles usually, I wish they did a pregnancy app too.

Thanks Peppery. I have Ovia which I like a lot. I'll download WebMD too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Hi Girls,
    I'm jumping in now too, got bfp on Monday for baby number 5. Eldest is 4.5, have twins that are 3.5, baby of 1.5 and now this little beanie. Congrats to you all!! Anyone going to the Rotunda?? I went sp the last 3 times but am going private this time. Have my first scan next week at 6 weeks so we're really excited to see :)

Baby19 wrote: »
    Had my first Dr's appointment today. I know the staff in the practice really well so it was lovely to see how excited they were when they saw my name on the list today! Now that it'a been confirmed we're planning on telling the families this week.

I have to say I'm worried about the sickness. I'm a teacher so it'll be hard to hide! Only a few weeks until the holidays but it's definitely on my mind!!

Congrats! I’m also a teacher and finding the nausea really hard with the class and the energy levels needed. Also I need the bathroom a lot which is obviously a problem as I can’t leave the class! Still I’m nearly 8 weeks so should soon be through the worst of it - fingers crossed!

I’m dying to tell people, which I know is mad outside family and close friends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Hi everyone and congratulations!

Joining here, just got pregnancy confirmed with my gp, baby number 3 and due the 29th, been overdue and induced on other two so may be falling into the February thread too, no morning sickness or nausea so far, feeling nearly too good to be true which is making me worry but there's always something to worry about, hope everyone's doing well

Advertisement