Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Awh hopefully it'll pass soon!! As it's my first I don't know what to expect but overall I've been feeling pretty okay. Although I'm typing this with my eyes half closed as the tiredness is unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Oh ladies don’t be counting down the days to the nausea! I’m week 9 now and still feeling like sh!te. Had to take today off work as I knew it was going to be a bad one and I was right! Still throwing up....this is ongoing since late week 5 for me. Mainly just constant nausea. I actually feel better if I throw up!

Hopefully ye will fair better!

Well it's been a pretty bad few hours here. I noticed incredibly light bleeding last night and unfortunately it got worse today, accompanied with very bad cramps. Went to a&e. After a 4 hour wait and 2 scans, internal and normal, I'm none the wiser :(
    As my cycles are so irregular it's hard to know how far along I am. I'm pretty sure I conceived on the May bank holiday but nothing was showing on either scan, apart from a thickening of the womb.
    I got bloods done and have to go back on Friday to get them done again. Won't know the result until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarabi18

Hope you are okay baby19 and get some answers soon

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Baby 19 I'm so sorry you're going through this, hopefully tomorrow there will be some good news for you. Will be thinking of you xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

baby19 im so sorry ye are going through this.. hopefully ye get some good news and your dates are just off x

Thanks ladies :) Feeling much the same today. Got a call from the hospital there to say my level is 1000 so will get next bloods tomorrow. I won't hear the result until Monday so it'll be a long weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 caveatemptor1

Hi Ladies,
    Just wanted to join you on this rollercoaster! I am due January 7th 2019 so 9+4 today. Starting to feel like its all more real now, it was a long road for us to get here so I have been very cautious up to this point.
    We went through IVF so knew very early that we were pregnant. Ive been very sick right since the start and absolutely exhausted. Im lucky to not be working full time at the moment, I dont know how you ladies manage with the nausea and exhaustion!!
    Anyway, looking forward to travelling this road together!

Welcome and congratulations!
    Suffering pretty bad with the nausea here too....had to take time off work
    .anyone found something to help nausea? Wristbands or something else?
    Trying the usual small meals etc ( plain toast mainly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

Fingers crossed for good news Baby19. It must be hard to work out dates with an irregular cycle...even seemingly regular cycles can be off a good but.

Might see you in the hospital Caveatemptor1, my due date is the day after yours!

Nausea has pretty much stopped for me but I still have gone off a lot of food I used to like. I’m only 9 weeks and the tiredness is unreal. I went to sleep at 9.30 last night and got up at 6.30 still tired!

• Advertisement

I hope you get some good news Baby19. I can’t imagine how horrible the wait must be for you.

Caveatemptor1 we have the same due date, although I highly doubt I will make it to mine!

Still have very light bleeding every other day but not s whole lot that I can do about that. Still feeling sick most days. Thought I was over it the other morning but then it struck at 4pm and it’s the same every day since! Don’t think the heat is helping these days either.

Had a pregnancy risk assessment carried out in work this week so I’m getting a new fancy chair. Pregnancy has its perks!!

Had my bloods again yesterday and chanced ringing today to see if results were back but unfortunately they're not :( Dreading Monday as I'll be in work when I get the call. I'm a teacher so if it's not good news it's not like I can just leave or sit quietly at my desk.
    Will keep you all updated anyway once I hear anything. Thanks for the support here!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Baby19 wrote:
    Had my bloods again yesterday and chanced ringing today to see if results were back but unfortunately they're not Dreading Monday as I'll be in work when I get the call. I'm a teacher so if it's not good news it's not like I can just leave or sit quietly at my desk. Will keep you all updated anyway once I hear anything. Thanks for the support here!

Hi Baby19, dropping in from October thread to say sorry to read what you're going through. I'm a teacher too and it can be near impossible to get cover, but at times like this you've got to put yourself first. Could you tell your principal that you're expecting a phone call related to your health (even tell them it's to do with early pregnancy if you're comfortable to), and that you may need cover in your class for some time afterwards. Fingers crossed for you that it will be good news and even if so, it's so emotional that you will likely need to take a break. Really hope everything goes well x

Thanks a million for your message Cash_Q. Thankfully my principal knows and is very understanding. Might be lucky and get the call after school but either way I'll sort something re supervision.

Also, the bleeding has pretty much stopped for now thankfully as it had been ongoing since Wednesday.

thinking of you today baby19, Im sure this weekend has felt like an eternity xx

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Praying it's good news today Baby19 x

Thinking of you Baby19 xxx

Thanks girls.

Unfortunately it's not good news :( To be honest, I knew in my heart it wasn't.
    My levels dropped from 1062 to somewhere in the 200s.
    So disappointed :(

Best of luck to you all and hopefully it'll be my time soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

So sorry to hear that Baby19 X

Oh baby19, Im so sorry to hear that. Look after yourself xx

• Advertisement

Really sorry to hear that Baby19
    Hope you are okay xxx

Sorry to hear that baby19, take some sick leave. I know it's hard at this time of year with everything to wrap up, but that's not your problem, put yourself first. I hope you have lots of love and support around you x

Thanks so much for all your posts ladies. They mean a lot.
    Cash_Q I thought about taking a bit of time but to be honest I think I'll see how I go and if needed I'll take some time.
    I feel pretty numb to be honest. Not sure whether to tell people or to just keep going and act like nothing happened. It's a strange one.
    I now know I definitely miscarried in work last Wednesday. It's tough knowing that's where it happened as obviously I'm there every day. It's just a mix of emotions to be honest.
    Sorry for the rambling post!

Baby19 wrote:
    Thanks so much for all your posts ladies. They mean a lot. Cash_Q I thought about taking a bit of time but to be honest I think I'll see how I go and if needed I'll take some time. I feel pretty numb to be honest. Not sure whether to tell people or to just keep going and act like nothing happened. It's a strange one. I now know I definitely miscarried in work last Wednesday. It's tough knowing that's where it happened as obviously I'm there every day. It's just a mix of emotions to be honest. Sorry for the rambling post!

Sometimes it's best to just keep busy. There's no right or wrong in situations like this, just follow your heart and do whatever you need to day by day, hour by hour. Take care x

So gutted for you Baby, it's an awful thing to happen. PM anytime, I know coming onto the forum isn't pleasant but we care and have all been thinking about you x

So sorry to hear your news Baby19. Everyone deals with a loss like that in their own way. Just do what’s best for you and look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

Sorry to hear baby19. I went through the same thing in January, sending well wishes and thinking of you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

So sorry to hear that Baby19. Just to echo the other posters, do what you need to do - whether that’s take a break or keep busy.

The Irish Times had a piece today on maternity services where they mentioned a report on the services provided by hospitals for a consumer’s point of view. Interesting to see the variation in services across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pinky90

Hi guys hope it's okay if I jump on here.. just found out Saturday I am expecting baby number 3.. going by my dates I am due early Feb but I will have to have a section 2 weeks before hand so I think I will be late January!! I had previous babies in Kilkenny but had a bit of an ordeal the last time - hence being absolutely terrified this time around !!! I already am feeling nauseous and so tired.. and metal taste in my mouth along with sore boobs. Will be nice to follow you girls and know what's coming xx

Baby19 so sorry to read your post sending you big hugs xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Baby19 I’m a teacher too and this was me in april last year. Take the sick leave. Honestly. I needed it. And in hindsight, looking back I should have taken a little longer. Get your hair cut, your nails done or just watch some day time tv and allow yourself the time for yourself. It’s not easy. Hugs x

Advertisement