Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭natc

Pinky90 wrote: »
    Hi guys hope it's okay if I jump on here.. just found out Saturday I am expecting baby number 3.. going by my dates I am due early Feb but I will have to have a section 2 weeks before hand so I think I will be late January!! I had previous babies in Kilkenny but had a bit of an ordeal the last time - hence being absolutely terrified this time around !!! I already am feeling nauseous and so tired.. and metal taste in my mouth along with sore boobs. Will be nice to follow you girls and know what's coming xx

Baby19 so sorry to read your post sending you big hugs xx

Hey Pinky, welcome to the group! Are you going back to Kilkenny again? I’m going there this time again. Had a bad experience immeadiately after the birth last time but midwives and consultant were amazing in the end. It’s the in between docs that fecked things up. I’m hoping that they will be more prepared this time as they will know what to expect with me.

To be honest I’m quite anxious already about the birth even though it’s so far away. I was never worried on the previous two. Think I may go speak to someone about it because I’m actually losing sleep over it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pinky90

natc wrote: »
    Hey Pinky, welcome to the group! Are you going back to Kilkenny again? I’m going there this time again. Had a bad experience immeadiately after the birth last time but midwives and consultant were amazing in the end. It’s the in between docs that fecked things up. I’m hoping that they will be more prepared this time as they will know what to expect with me.

To be honest I’m quite anxious already about the birth even though it’s so far away. I was never worried on the previous two. Think I may go speak to someone about it because I’m actually losing sleep over it now.

Oh my god I the exact same. I had 2 previous sections but had a bad bleed last time and had to get transfusions ..ray o Sullivan had to come in him self to stop the bleeding i am terrified!!! I know I'm not going to enjoy this pregnancy with the worry !! But yes I'm going back there as better the devil you know lol xx

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Had some minor spotting last night and just a bit of pink when I wiped today. Rang the hospital last night and she said to come in for scan at 4 today. Worried sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Everything crossed for you teggers5 x

Thanks so much Baby19. Hope you're doing ok? X

• Advertisement

Prob something similar to what I had teggers so hopefully is nothing too serious.

YEah pinky I hemmoradged last time too. I didn’t have a section though. Jnr Doc who stitched me left a pack in to absorb the bleeding and I ended up getting sepsis literally two hours after having my son. Was in and out of it then and went in to shock. Midwives wanted to start antibiotic straight away, jnr doc insisted waiting on lab results first before treating me. Midwife ended up calling Mr O’Sullivan and he couldn’t believe the carry on of the doc and the state I was in. He tore strips off the doc and couldn’t believe he left a pack in!! Started antibiotics and felt way better within a couple of hours. Ended up having a transfusion the next day once I was stronger. Ended up I couldn’t breastfeed or anything due to the infection.

So I’m just terrified with what could happen again. I know I’ll prob hemmoradge again as it’s happened both times before but I’m just terrified if it’s worse than last time the outcome may not be so good!

Are you going private or public?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

oh teggers5, hopefully everything will be ok for you this afternoon, thinking of you xx

teggers5 wrote: »
    Thanks so much Baby19. Hope you're doing ok? X

Yeah doing okay. To be honest, I told most people in work as I just wasn't myself and I knew they could sense that so, the support has been great. I really was in two minds about saying anything but, glad I did now.

Right think I should probably sign off here. Hopefully I'll be joining this part of boards again in the future. As a long time lurker, it was nice to be able to post here. Even just for a little while.

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies!! Thanks for all the support X

That's great that you have the support baby19.

Wishing you all the best xx

Just out from hospital. Pregnancy doesnt seem to have progressed since week 6 and I should be almost 10 weeks. Have to go back next Friday for another scan but midwife said nature will more than likely take it's course before then. Gutted.

• Advertisement

Just out from hospital. Pregnancy doesnt seem to have progressed since week 6 and I should be almost 10 weeks. Have to go back next Friday for another scan but midwife said nature will more than likely take it's course before then. Gutted.

Oh I'm heartbroken for you :( Was so hoping for a positive outcome for you. If you need to chat feel free to PM me. Mind yourself. Big hugs to you and your OH. X

natc wrote: »
    Prob something similar to what I had teggers so hopefully is nothing too serious.

YEah pinky I hemmoradged last time too. I didn’t have a section though. Jnr Doc who stitched me left a pack in to absorb the bleeding and I ended up getting sepsis literally two hours after having my son. Was in and out of it then and went in to shock. Midwives wanted to start antibiotic straight away, jnr doc insisted waiting on lab results first before treating me. Midwife ended up calling Mr O’Sullivan and he couldn’t believe the carry on of the doc and the state I was in. He tore strips off the doc and couldn’t believe he left a pack in!! Started antibiotics and felt way better within a couple of hours. Ended up having a transfusion the next day once I was stronger. Ended up I couldn’t breastfeed or anything due to the infection.

So I’m just terrified with what could happen again. I know I’ll prob hemmoradge again as it’s happened both times before but I’m just terrified if it’s worse than last time the outcome may not be so good!

Are you going private or public?

I'm going public. Are you going private? I am in carlow aswel lol

I'm going public. Are you going private? I am in carlow aswel lol

I’m going public, just can’t afford going private to be honest.

I’ll have a list as long as my arm for my clinic appt next month, I hope they’re ready for me!!

Aw that’s devastating news Teggers. Look after yourself.

Sorry to hear teggers, that's awful xx hope you are as okay as can be. Xc

Nat I can't afford to either will you go clinic in carlow or Kilkenny? The last 2 times I used Kilkenny clinic not sure what to do this time x

Baby19 wrote: »
    Oh I'm heartbroken for you :( Was so hoping for a positive outcome for you. If you need to chat feel free to PM me. Mind yourself. Big hugs to you and your OH. X

Thanks so much Baby19. Appreciate that X

Sorry to hear teggers, that's awful xx hope you are as okay as can be. Xc

Nat I can't afford to either will you go clinic in carlow or Kilkenny? The last 2 times I used Kilkenny clinic not sure what to do this time x

I’ll go to the Carlow clinic again. It’s 10 min walk from my home place so really convenient for me.

I got scanned at every appt there on both previous pregnancies too so I’d be happy enough with that.

I went to women’s health in Kilkenny last time and got a private anomaly scan done with Jo which was great. Will prob do the same again. Just for peace of mind considering all the regular bleeds I have throughout my pregnancies.

Teggers, I'm so sorry. Make sure you look after yourself. Thinking of you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarabi18

Really sorry to hear this Teggers, that is heart breaking news to get. Thinking of yee xx

Will you find out the sex of the baby? We didn't the first time .. did the last time but kept it to ourselves and think I'll keep it a suprise again this time.. although I would love to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

So sorry teggers, thinking of you both x

Will you find out the sex of the baby? We didn't the first time .. did the last time but kept it to ourselves and think I'll keep it a suprise again this time.. although I would love to know

We’re not going to find out. We did the same as you, surprise on the first then found out on the second.

I’m quite content not knowing this time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

I had my first scan this week. Made it all seem a lot more real. I had blood tests for screening and additionally you can find out the sex of the baby.

I definitely will find out, will know in less than two weeks!

Oh peppery I didn't know they could tell that early , that's amazing. And tempting lol

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wagonwheel2

Hi everyone, just jumping on this thread here. I am due Jan 9/10th 2019. This is my first baby. :) Had a scan at 9 weeks and all looks well. Have my 12 week scan on the 28th June so hopefully will be the same then also.

I was wondering how all you ladies are feeling ? I have been nauseous all day everyday since week 6 and very tired. I used to exercise 5/6 days a week but not can barely manage walking to and from the train for work. I've also had to work from home more than normal which resulted in me having to tell my manager earlier than I wanted to. She is being very supportive though which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarabi18

Hi wagonwheel!
    I am exactly a wk behind you, no scan yet so can't wait for 12 wk one!

I have had a rotten virus for the last 2 wks! Couldn't eat for a few days, off work a good bit - total disaster but finally beginning to feel normal again!
    Taking lots of naps here as I keep waking at 5am so the day is fairly long, roll on 2T when we are all hopefully feeling better!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Teggers, how are you doing?? xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wagonwheel2

Hi Sarabi18,

Thanks for the reply. Hope you feel better too.

I actually didn't realise it would be this tough going so early on but hoping that it will be much better in the second trimester.

Best of luck with your scan. I'm 11 weeks today so getting there. :)

Brazzer wrote: »
    Teggers, how are you doing?? xxx

Hi Brazzer, I'm doing ok thank you. Started bleeding very heavily with pretty bad cramping last Thursday and it only started to ease in the last day or two. Im due back in hospital Friday morning for another scan so fingers crossed it'll show that I won't need any further treatment and we can start to put it behind us.
    Hope everyone here is keeping well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Absolutely gutted for you, so sad and just not right. You girls who have and are going through this awful experience are in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you and your sad broken heart x

Advertisement