Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Sarabi18 wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear this Teggers, that is heart breaking news to get. Thinking of yee xx

Hi taggers. The very same thing happened to me 2 years ago. I felt totally left in limbo . Took about 10 days for the miscarriage to actually happen.
    I just kept thinking how unfair the while thing was, my body thought that it was still pregnant but i knew that there was nothing coming from it. That was hard for me to deal with.
    I'm not sure if this is allowed but if you want to pm me, please go ahead. Even if it's just to talk to someone who's been through the same thing. X

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

MiliMe wrote: »
    Hi taggers. The very same thing happened to me 2 years ago. I felt totally left in limbo . Took about 10 days for the miscarriage to actually happen.
    I just kept thinking how unfair the while thing was, my body thought that it was still pregnant but i knew that there was nothing coming from it. That was hard for me to deal with.
    I'm not sure if this is allowed but if you want to pm me, please go ahead. Even if it's just to talk to someone who's been through the same thing. X

Thanks so much MiliMe,
    Such a horrible thing to go through. I don't think I've even started to deal with it emotionally yet as I'm just about getting over the physical side of it. Still feeling pretty drained from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Just checking back in here. It's been exactly 2 weeks since my miscarriage and it has hit me so hard the last 2 days in particular. I think it was the final act of taking a pregnancy test to make sure it was negative that really made it all final. I was advised to do that by the hospital and it was so difficult :( I've been thinking of you teggers and hoping you're doing okay!
    Hope all the lovely January mammys are doing well too! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Had my scan this morning and it showed that pretty much everything is gone. I'm so glad I don't need any further treatment.
    Hope you're feeling better soon Baby19. Be kind to yourself and take whatever time you need to heal. X

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Well ladies, how is everyone doing?

I’m at the 12 week mark now thank god. Nausea is still lingering a bit in the evenings but definitely much better now. Still wrecked though but I think that’s the heat more so these days!!

Have GP visit this week and haven’t put on any weight yet so delighted about that! (I was overweight to begin with so need to be careful) I haven’t starved myself or anything just eating quite healthy compared to normal I suppose.

Hope everyone else is doing good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

natc wrote: »
    Well ladies, how is everyone doing?

I’m at the 12 week mark now thank god. Nausea is still lingering a bit in the evenings but definitely much better now. Still wrecked though but I think that’s the heat more so these days!!

Have GP visit this week and haven’t put on any weight yet so delighted about that! (I was overweight to begin with so need to be careful) I haven’t starved myself or anything just eating quite healthy compared to normal I suppose.

Hope everyone else is doing good too.

Also at 12 week mark. Feeling a lot better, mainly in terms of mood. I had been feeling very down but my mood is lifting and the nausea is over. Had all my test results back also, and got all clear so relieved too.

I feel bad for any women who are heavily pregnant in this heat! Or any women suffering from bad morning sickness. Hopefully most people on this thread are moving out of the sickness phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wagonwheel2

Hey everyone,
    Hope you are all doing good and getting over any sickness etc.

I had my 12 week scan today and all is looking good. Baby was moving around loads so didn't get great pictures. The sickness is finally easing although i will can't drink coffee or eat alot of the foods i used to love. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Unicorn82

Hi ladies, I’m 10 weeks on my first due mid Jan 2019. Felt sick from week 6 but it’s easing now thankfully. I’m finding the bloating awful, I can barely fit into my work clothes! Has anyone had the Panorama or Harmony NIPT testing done? Also, for those of you who have done this before, what happens at the first appointment? Can you bring a urine sample or do you have to do it there?

Unicorn82 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I’m 10 weeks on my first due mid Jan 2019. Felt sick from week 6 but it’s easing now thankfully. I’m finding the bloating awful, I can barely fit into my work clothes! Has anyone had the Panorama or Harmony NIPT testing done? Also, for those of you who have done this before, what happens at the first appointment? Can you bring a urine sample or do you have to do it there?

I had the Panorama test done at 10 weeks. I went to the RCSI unit in the Rotunda. You don’t bring anything and urine wasn’t needed. They did a scan first to check that measurements were okay and only one baby, and general checks - you have to have Harmony test for multiple births. They then took blood samples and they send these to a lab in America which checks for chromosomal abnormalities. I got the results last week and they give you an a break down of the risks for each syndrome screened and they can also tell you the sex of the baby. They recommend diagnostic testing if any risks come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Unicorn82

Peppery wrote: »
    I had the Panorama test done at 10 weeks. I went to the RCSI unit in the Rotunda. You don’t bring anything and urine wasn’t needed. They did a scan first to check that measurements were okay and only one baby, and general checks - you have to have Harmony test for multiple births. They then took blood samples and they send these to a lab in America which checks for chromosomal abnormalities. I got the results last week and they give you an a break down of the risks for each syndrome screened and they can also tell you the sex of the baby. They recommend diagnostic testing if any risks come up.

Thanks Peppery! I got the panorama done, hopefully will get results back quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarabi18

Just had 12 week scan, baby looking healthy - such relief to see and hear the heartbeat
    I was v nervous beforehand but feel so lucky to have reached this milestone.

Hope yee are all doing well there

Time to buy some mat clothes suitable for work these pants are feeling tight!! Haha

Hi Sarabi18,

Glad to hear all is well with baby. What is your due date? Must be very similar to mine but maybe you said already.

My pants are feeling a bit tight as well and I really have no nice summer clothes to wear. :)

Got news that we have to move out of our apartment in September due to our landlady moving back in so not the best time to move as we are living in Dublin and will have to rent another while yet. :( Hopefully all will work out with that.

Date is 18th December.... but no.1 came 10 days early so I guess this baby can come anytime!
    What's your date?

That is a pain having to move, although at least you will be settled in well ahead of the arrival. Hope you find a really nice place especially when you will be at home with the baby... it is good to be as comfortable as possible

You mean 18th January? :) That is my birthday. I am due 11th January but now I am wondering are they right as I am 13 weeks on Friday and only had my 12 week scan last Thursday.

Yes, it is a nuisance and was hoping next time I'd need to move was when we bought a home but that won't be happening for a while yet. Our apartment is really cold in the winters anyway so it is a probably a blessing in disguise as it is no place for a new baby.

Yes haha 18th Jan!!! I'll blame the baby brain for that one haha
    So hard to know with the dates sure... your gut is probably the best calculator

Good luck with the accommo hunt anyway 😉

Sarabi18 wrote: »
    Yes haha 18th Jan!!! I'll blame the baby brain for that one haha
    So hard to know with the dates sure... your gut is probably the best calculator

Good luck with the accommo hunt anyway &#55357;&#56841;

Lovely, great day to be born. ;-) My nephew was born the 18th Jan 2018 so I am already sharing my birthday in the family. I was given 14th Jan 2019 first but then changed to 11th Jan at my scan .

Yes, am hoping to move into my friends place when they are moving out to their new house so fingers crossed it works out as it is scary looking on Daft.ie at the moment. Hopefully in a few years we will have our own house.

Had my hospital appointment this week to really get the ball rolling. Had a great chat with the midwife about my last birth and she was great. They are going to review my old notes from last birth to see what they can do to prevent the same problems occurring and she already put notes in to my birth plan for this pregnancy to try prevent and prepare for heamorradge. I’ll be looked after by a registrar also rather than a doc at my subsequent visits.

Feel much more at ease now thankfully. Had a scan done and all looks good. Have to have an internal scan next week though to check cervical length. Not looking forward to that!!

Hope everyone else is starting to feel the benefits of moving to the second trimester. I’m feeling much more energized now thank god.

That is great news on the scan and the care plan too!
    Hope your mind is more at ease now, it def helps!

Feeling better here okay , how about you?

Anyone else waking regularly during the night? Think I'm getting used to it now, but for a few nights I was wide awake for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 StillN

Hi just joining this post now. About 14 weeks pregnant on #2 with an EDD of the 15th January! Anyone else going to Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, I’m 12 and 4 now and in the last 3 days the nausea has really ramped up, I’ve had mild nausea but now I feel like I could throw up a couple of times an hour. I thought it was supposed to get better at 12 weeks 🀦*♀️, anyone else in the same boat?

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I am 15 weeks today. No sign of a bump yet. Have a consultant appointment in Holles Street in a week.

Still have a bit of nausea and tiredness and still off lots of my favourite foods. :) Not anywhere as bad as I was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

StillN wrote: »
    Hi just joining this post now. About 14 weeks pregnant on #2 with an EDD of the 15th January! Anyone else going to Wexford?

Hi I am 14 weeks as well and attending Wexford :)

Anyone getting an anomaly scan done? Kk don’t offer it to public patients unless you have certain risk factors so I’m going private.

Otherwise it would be a 14wk wait between scans

Hi Natc,

I am getting an anomaly scan on the 30th August, I am semi private though so it is included in my fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ray367

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I am 15 weeks today. No sign of a bump yet. Have a consultant appointment in Holles Street in a week.

Still have a bit of nausea and tiredness and still off lots of my favourite foods. :) Not anywhere as bad as I was though.

Hi. I’m 15+1 today. Attending Coombe hospital. Just been put on Insulin due to Gestational diabetes 😞😞 Nausea and other symptoms have faded off this past week so feeling good finally.

Ray367 wrote: »
    Hi. I’m 15+1 today. Attending Coombe hospital. Just been put on Insulin due to Gestational diabetes &#55357;&#56862;&#55357;&#56862; Nausea and other symptoms have faded off this past week so feeling good finally.

Sorry to hear you have been put on Insulin, hope it is not too bad for you. My cousin had Gestational diabetes as well.

Yes, a good lot of my symptoms have eased off too thankfully as it was very tough going. Didn't realise the first 3 months would be so hard on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Charliewharlie

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well, any more updates?

I just wanted to join in please, due Jan 17th, first timer.

I had my first app a few weeks ago, all going well I think apart from getting a letter the next day to say I am rhesus negative. Could be worse things I know, family members have dismissed it as nothing so I feel like I am not allowed to have even have a slight bit of concern over it.

May I ask what happened at your first hospital appointments, at mine I had a run through of medical history, bloods taken, weight/height taken and my first scan. I didn’t have my blood pressure taken or urine which I thought they took every time.
    My GP did take my blood pressure at 8 weeks and they have that info however.

I am back in the first week of August to meet with consultant, I’m assuming they will maybe do the blood pressure/urine from that app onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 StillN

__oc__ wrote: »
    Hi I am 14 weeks as well and attending Wexford :)

Ah deadly so you will probably be attending in August for the Anomaly, do you know who your consultant is? I have Dr Dunn but hoping to transfer across to Midwives once I get the go ahead from the Doc and then transfer back at 38 weeks. Due to previous c-section I can't stay on midwife scheme for the full 40+ weeks!

Hope the pregnancy has been good to you?

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well, any more updates?

I just wanted to join in please, due Jan 17th, first timer.

I had my first app a few weeks ago, all going well I think apart from getting a letter the next day to say I am rhesus negative. Could be worse things I know, family members have dismissed it as nothing so I feel like I am not allowed to have even have a slight bit of concern over it.

May I ask what happened at your first hospital appointments, at mine I had a run through of medical history, bloods taken, weight/height taken and my first scan. I didn’t have my blood pressure taken or urine which I thought they took every time.
    My GP did take my blood pressure at 8 weeks and they have that info however.

I am back in the first week of August to meet with consultant, I’m assuming they will maybe do the blood pressure/urine from that app onwards.

Welcome! Also a first timer and was informed I'm rhesus negative too. I’m just concerned about a fall or accident of any kind which could cause internal bleeding so I’ll be extra vigilant about that. Feel guilty that I’ve never given blood too as with o negative my blood would be very useful, think I’ll start after the pregnancy.

I had my first visit a couple of weeks ago and they took blood pressure and tested urine...it’s odd they didn’t but maybe they just expect your gp (if you’re combined care) to do that at every appointment.

16 weeks now and definitely a small bump showing. Has anyone felt anything yet? I can’t wait but then I’m sure it grows old quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

RH negative here, second pregnancy and it was really glossed over on my first - my little girl is rh neg so it was grand in the end.

Also in Wexford doing the dominos, it’s so effortless and relaxing - would recommend going midwife led if you can, Dr Dunne is the consultant I think for all the dominos in Wex.

Had a scan at 9 weeks with EPU so next scan not until 22 weeks - too long of a wait so have booked in for a private scan next week, will be 16 weeks then. At that weird stage where I’ve no movement and the horrible trimester 1 symptoms have gone so just trying to ease the mind that all is as it should be

Also, anyone else a part of the rollercoaster Facebook spin off Jan 2019 page? Getting a bit much wanting hospital/scan photos to continue being member!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Advertisement