Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Wexy86 wrote:
    Also, anyone else a part of the rollercoaster Facebook spin off Jan 2019 page? Getting a bit much wanting hospital/scan photos to continue being member!

Omg that's a bit much! I'm in an October group that was set up via rollercoaster and it's a great source of support and advice, but I wouldn't share any scan photos in it. Just my personal preference not to do so. There are loads of girls in the group who've never posted or interacted and that's fine too, everyone approaches these things differently. Are the admins super paranoid or something? As if anyone would bother joining the group if they're not actually expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

StillN wrote: »
    Ah deadly so you will probably be attending in August for the Anomaly, do you know who your consultant is? I have Dr Dunn but hoping to transfer across to Midwives once I get the go ahead from the Doc and then transfer back at 38 weeks. Due to previous c-section I can't stay on midwife scheme for the full 40+ weeks!

Hope the pregnancy has been good to you?

hey I don't have my anomaly until middle of September will be 22 weeks by the time I have it. have booked a private scan up in babybond in newry as only £39 (I work in dublin so not too much of a drive) will have that when I'm 17 weeks so will hopefully tide me over until the 22 week scan.

my consultant is dr Murphy, but also hoping to transfer across to the midwives.

finding the waiting difficult as over all the symptoms from the dreaded first trimester but not having symptoms seems to make me worry more.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

I'm just 16 weeks now and the kicking has begun. It's really is such an amazing feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

Im 16 weeks on Tuesday and can't wait to feel movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 StillN

__oc__ wrote: »
    hey I don't have my anomaly until middle of September will be 22 weeks by the time I have it. have booked a private scan up in babybond in newry as only £39 (I work in dublin so not too much of a drive) will have that when I'm 17 weeks so will hopefully tide me over until the 22 week scan.

my consultant is dr Murphy, but also hoping to transfer across to the midwives.

finding the waiting difficult as over all the symptoms from the dreaded first trimester but not having symptoms seems to make me worry more.

Yeah I understand I'm in that period now too, over first trimester, 18 weeks and not feeling a thing, I don't think so anyway! I definitely felt movement earlier on my first pregnancy around the 16 week mark, so that has me really worried. I am longing for the anomaly now...

Went to my doc for check up the other day as the 20 week hospital check up will be my first hospital visit, we chatted for so long and when he'd finished I asked if he was going to do my bloods, he just said "ah you'll be grand your hospital appointment is in 2/3 weeks" I wasn't feeling very reassured....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

Yeah I understand I'm in that period now too, over first trimester, 18 weeks and not feeling a thing, I don't think so anyway! I definitely felt movement earlier on my first pregnancy around the 16 week mark, so that has me really worried. I am longing for the anomaly now...

Went to my doc for check up the other day as the 20 week hospital check up will be my first hospital visit, we chatted for so long and when he'd finished I asked if he was going to do my bloods, he just said "ah you'll be grand your hospital appointment is in 2/3 weeks" I wasn't feeling very reassured....

It’s not great is it? My GP hasn’t taken bloods from me either, but I trust her so will go with it. I have my booking appointment next week and then anomaly in mid September, is it normal to do these two appointment separately?

Only a few days until my gender scan up north, really excited to see baby again but nervous at the same time if that makes sense

__oc__ wrote: »
    It’s not great is it? My GP hasn’t taken bloods from me either, but I trust her so will go with it. I have my booking appointment next week and then anomaly in mid September, is it normal to do these two appointment separately?

Only a few days until my gender scan up north, really excited to see baby again but nervous at the same time if that makes sense

I don't know as I think I have mine together, will check my letter later. I was with Midwives the last time so think I had an appointment with them first then went over for my scan and then came back to the midwives, it was all such a lovely relaxing enjoyable experience!

You must be so excited about your scan, I'm sure it will all be okay and it will put your mind at rest. Do you have a feeling as to what you're having?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarabi18

16 weeks here too and only had a few odd movements here and there
    Had a quick scan yesterday which was comforting, but really can't wait for the big scan in a months time

Anomaly scan not until September... nervous/ excited for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

I’m over 18 weeks now and no definite movement. I have thought that some fluttering before I go to sleep at night is movement but I haven’t had anything where I can definitely say it’s movement! Certainly no kicking. I’ve read it can be normal on a first baby though not to feel anything until 20ish weeks. I have my anomaly scan at end of August so cannot wait for that. We know we’re having a girl, have a name picked out and everything for certain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wagonwheel2

Hi everyone,
    18 weeks today and not feeling anything either in relation to kicks etc nor do i have any real bump yet. :) Most people wouldn't even realise i was pregnant I'd say.
    Had a scan last week and all good. My anomaly scan is end of August and hoping to find out the gender as at the last scan, the baby's backside was facing us and the consultant didn't wait long enough for it to turn around. :)
    Feeling nearly normal again although am low in iron so on supplements and my energy isn't back to what it used to be yet.
    Hope everyone else is feeling good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Hi ladies, great to see your all doing so well. 18 weeks here too and can feel movement daily now. It’s not strong movement or anything but it’s enough that I can be certain of what it is!

Had GP visit today and all checks were normal and heard the heartbeat so that was a nice birthday present to get!

Have anomaly scan on 27th so hoping everything looks good. Not finding out the gender though. Just hoping for a healthy happy surprise at the end!

Woohoo 20 weeks today so officially half way!!

natc wrote: »
    Hi ladies, great to see your all doing so well. 18 weeks here too and can feel movement daily now. It’s not strong movement or anything but it’s enough that I can be certain of what it is!

Had GP visit today and all checks were normal and heard the heartbeat so that was a nice birthday present to get!

Have anomaly scan on 27th so hoping everything looks good. Not finding out the gender though. Just hoping for a healthy happy surprise at the end!

Delighted to hear all is well! Aaaaand that you're half way there! You won't feel it now till your scan! Starting to feel a bit of movement too but a lot more cushioned/muffled than the 1st which was way more obvious so I am thinking I possibly have an anterior placenta, meaning it's sitting at the front of my tummy rather than my back.

Has anyone else had this or had any complications as a result?

Oh and I have my anomaly scan tomorrow so will know a lot more then!

Delighted to hear all is well! Aaaaand that you're half way there! You won't feel it now till your scan! Starting to feel a bit of movement too but a lot more cushioned/muffled than the 1st which was way more obvious so I am thinking I possibly have an anterior placenta, meaning it's sitting at the front of my tummy rather than my back.

Has anyone else had this or had any complications as a result?

Oh and I have my anomaly scan tomorrow so will know a lot more then!

I had an anterior on my last pregnancy. It just means you need to be a bit more attentive to movements in the earlier phase as they can go unnoticed otherwise. As baby grows they do become stronger and more noticeable. If you ever have any doubts don’t be afraid to go to the hospital, I had a couple of visits due to what I thought was lack of movements but I just couldn’t feel them. Midwives were very understanding and reassuring.

It never caused any complications for me with regards delivery or the rest of pregnancy. I had a normal delivery so not sure if it would cause problems for a c-section though.

I’m sure if it is anterior, at your scan tomorrow they can address any possible issues with you. Best of luck with it.

natc wrote: »
    I had an anterior on my last pregnancy. It just means you need to be a bit more attentive to movements in the earlier phase as they can go unnoticed otherwise. As baby grows they do become stronger and more noticeable. If you ever have any doubts don’t be afraid to go to the hospital, I had a couple of visits due to what I thought was lack of movements but I just couldn’t feel them. Midwives were very understanding and reassuring.

It never caused any complications for me with regards delivery or the rest of pregnancy. I had a normal delivery so not sure if it would cause problems for a c-section though.

I’m sure if it is anterior, at your scan tomorrow they can address any possible issues with you. Best of luck with it.

Thanks a mill. I had a c-section last time so I am hoping I don't need one this time and wondered if this would be a stumbling block to having to have one again. I'm sure it's not and as you say can discuss it after my scan tomorrow!

For anyone who has had their anomaly scans done, how have they went? Have mine on Monday and I’m really looking forward to it!

I’m back to work on Monday afternoon so spent the past week erring a few things organized. Have a cot and travel system ordered. Won’t collect until Christmas week. I had a bugaboo for the last baby but my husband seems to have misplaced the chassis and seat frame so went pricing the parts and it’s not worth it considering I’m finished after this baby so just ordered another system which works out cheaper then the parts for the bugaboo!

Don’t have my anomaly scan until next week too but I ended up having another scan as had to go to A&E with a spotting for anti-d. Each scan is such a relief!

You sound very organised! I’m worried about ordering things too early but I have the pram chosen. I’m planning on getting a yo-yo zen, because it’s so small and neat.

Peppery wrote: »
    Don’t have my anomaly scan until next week too but I ended up having another scan as had to go to A&E with a spotting for anti-d. Each scan is such a relief!

You sound very organised! I’m worried about ordering things too early but I have the pram chosen. I’m planning on getting a yo-yo zen, because it’s so small and neat.

Peppery I’m glad to hear all is ok. I’ve had spotting throughout my two previous pregnancies and required anti-d also so I know the worry that can cause.

I’ve never heard of that pram before. There’s so many options these days! Local shop just had this baby elegance one on Facebook and that was the decision made!

I’m only getting organized now because I know come closer to the time I won’t be able to function and Santa will be the priority in the house. Before I was pregnant I barely managed to get up town for anything due to working full time, school runs and after school activities so I know it’s just going to get worse this term.... online shopping will be my life!

Had my anomoly scan last Wednesday. It went really well, another little girl for us! Can't believe it! The consultant was very supportive of a VBAC which I was glad about but wasn't allowed to do the midwife led care this time as I had a section previously. But otherwise everything seems healthy and well. Won't see the consultant now again until 32 weeks! Plan to get more organised when I get back from hols the end of September/Oct. It's just as well it's another girl as I don't feel a big mad rush now to buy loads of new things although will get a few newbies closer to the time, look forward to hearing how you all get on!

Oh has anyone ever had to take a Tinzaparin injection for traveling long haul on a flight when pregnant? Was prescribed this by the consultant and the compression stockings. I don't have a history of blood clots or any problems that way so called my own doc who said I could prob fly without it as long as I keep mobile and wear the stockings. Be interested to hear if anyone else had to do this!

StillN I’m delighted to hear everything went well and your consultant was encouraging about a VBAC. Another girl will be lovely. What age is your little girl?

I’ve never travelled long haul whilst pregnant so can’t offer any advice on what you should do. Your prob not going to get better advice than that of your GP.

Had my anomaly scan yesterday and everything went really well. Measuring slightly big but that’s just normal for me I think! My 10 yr old girl was delighted to see the baby when the sonographer switched to 3D. Her and her daddy begged to find out the gender but I put my foot down!

Back to work yesterday too after having the summer off and I’m starting to really suffer from SPD. I think sitting all day is not helping things as all the pressure is going through my pelvis. Suffered with this on my last pregnancy too but it had resolved itself by this stage. Have a doc appt in 2 wks so will see what she recommends.

• Advertisement

Our other girl is almost 14 months so she will be 19 months when the little one arrives!

Ah that's amazing you got to see it 3D, I've always been keen to see what it would be like :D

I discovered in about March/April that I had a tilted pelvis (I actually thought I had hurt my back from shoveling snow in the bad weather we had) I started to get bad back pain that wouldn't go away for weeks. But the X-Rays were obvious that my pelvis was tilting forward more on one side and one of the lower vertebrae were sitting at an awkward angle so the nerves weren't able to pass through freely. I didn't have any pain or unusual discomforts in my last pregnancy so it hit me all of a sudden. I started to see a Chiropractor to straighten things up and it's definitely helped. I've heard it can also help with SPD?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wagonwheel2

Hi everyone,

Had my anomaly scan today and all good with baby. Found out it is a girl which was my guess but my husband thought it was going to be a boy. :)

At the stage now of feeling normal.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

That’s great to hear Wagonwheel, such a relief to see and hear all is going good from the anomaly scan.

StillN, your girls will be so close growing up together, that’ll be lovely for them.

I might look in to that, my husband is currently seeing a chiropractor because he hurt his back last week unnecessarily messing around with the car tyres so once we see how he goes I might go to him.

I’ve just finished my first week back to work and I must admit I was ready for bed at 2pm yesterday! I have enough annual leave left that I could take a half day every Friday between now and start of maternity leave so I might look in to that.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Anyone have good recommendations for a travel system that isn't ridiculously priced.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Anyone have good recommendations for a travel system that isn't ridiculously priced.

I’m getting the baby elegance Mist. It comes with the car seat, bassinet and stroller seat for €300 in my local shop anyway. Rain covers included too which is vital for winter babies! Think the guy in the shop said the manufacturers reduced it right across all shops so worth checking out. It’s black and grey and very easy to drive and fold down.

I’ve had a hauck travel system before and a bugaboo and I’m quiet happy with this. Obviously big difference in the quality between this and the bugaboo but the replacement parts for the bugaboo were just too expensive to justify the cost again!

That's a really good price. Going to check that one out. I had my eye on the Baby Elegance Beep Twist travel system and that's €449. Dont want to be going over €500 especially with this been our first baby and having to buy everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Jude13

We had the scan and blood test done which confirmed so far so good and that we are having a girl.

I have the nursery painted and all the stuff bought bar a nursing chair.

How long are you're fathers to be taking off work? I get 2 days with my firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Jude13 wrote:
    How long are you're fathers to be taking off work? I get 2 days with my firm.

So you mean 2 paid days?
    If you're in Ireland you're entitled to 2 weeks paternity leave. Social Welfare payment of 240euro per week is made at this time, and it's up to your employer whether or not they top it up to equal your wages. Obviously it is a financial hardship if they don't top it up, but you are entitled to the two weeks off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yes, two paid days. I'm not in Ireland, I was looking to compare it to Ireland as we have offices it there.

Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

My husband will be taking the 2 weeks. He’s lucky and gets paid in full. He’ll be able to work from home a lot in the first few weeks too. I think employers should have to top up paternity, because it must be so hard to take the time off if you’re getting reduced salary.

I’m at the 24 week mark. Feels like a nice milestone with viability chances! Still not getting any of the possible pregnancy symptoms yet so fingers crossed that lasts even longer!

Advertisement