Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backlash PPV Thread (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

One word for this tag match.. awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Watching Lashley's vertical suplex makes me uncomfortable. It feels like I might be about to watch him kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joe looks, acts and talks like a hard bastard.

Roman...doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Joe has too win this!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Joe has too win this!

Serious!! No wonder I don’t watch it as much no more!!

• Advertisement

Pure garbage ending. Should have gone to bed

"Boring"

"This is awful"

"Beat the traffic"

"Rusev Day"

"Delete"

The chants of a Roman Reigns main event.

skipper_G wrote: »
    Pure garbage ending. Should have gone to bed

Makes 2 of us!

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Boring"

"This is awful"

"Beat the traffic"

"Rusev Day"

"Delete"

Must go down in history as the worst Vinny Mac guy ever!! Wonder does he get embarrassed?

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Boring"

"This is awful"

"Beat the traffic"

"Rusev Day"

"Delete"

Plenty of people tried to beat the traffic judging from the camera shot of the fans leaving right after the finish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I get they felt that they couldn't put the WWE title on last with that finish.

But shoving Reigns vs Joe, with little build and zero stakes, as the show closer is so absolutely idiotic, it stunned me.

If you don't want the show ending on the draw of the WWE title match, then put the Us or IC match at the end. Rollins, in particular, is so far beyond Reigns popularity, it's insane.

This will only serve to do more damage to Reigns. It's hilarious he complains bout Brock being "Vince's boy" when he's given the main event slot like that with zero justification.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

How did Styles vs Nakamura finish?
    Then I read they both got counted down in a no DQ match when they simultaneously kicked each other in the balls. I'm embarrassed to read that can't imagine how short changed the fans felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

AJ/Nak was good and would've bordered on great if given a proper finish. The double count out was a cop out to get this feud to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I actually forgot this was on last night. Seems I missed very little

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Clegg wrote: »
    AJ/Nak was good and would've bordered on great if given a proper finish. The double count out was a cop out to get this feud to continue.

Is AJ not a ****ing idiot for not wearing a cup at this point? Has that been addressed at all?

At some point, I lose sympathy for the babyface who refuses to counter the one move constantly done on him, and admire the heel for having a strategy that is working so well....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Clegg wrote: »

Is AJ not a ****ing idiot for not wearing a cup at this point? Has that been addressed at all?

At some point, I lose sympathy for the babyface who refuses to counter the one move constantly done on him, and admire the heel for having a strategy that is working so well....
    You're right about the cup thing. But logical thinking and character progression isn't something I expect from them.

They booked a double count out finish in a no DQ match. I don't set the bar high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Another ppv were they made terrible decsion with roman. The crowd just crapped all over it.

Im fine with the title match not going on last with the screwy finish but you have to at least have a feud thar deserves a main event joe/roman isx just a throwaway match that means nothing. Rollins/miz should have main evented.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Must go down in history as the worst Vinny Mac guy ever!! Wonder does he get embarrassed?

Of course he doesn't get embarrassed. He's polarising. He thrives on the hostile environment. :pac:

Seriously, last week they used the excuse they were in Canada to explain the reaction and this week they're using those terms.

That was not a good PPV. The double count was a stupid finish to a no DQ match. Though I think AJ has lost at Ro Sham Bo at this point. Saw one tweet saying they need to get Joey Ryan involved. :)

Rollins/Miz as the best match on it.

Carmella winning was right. How she won wasn't.

Skipped through the US title match as no interest in either guy.

I'll admit to enjoying the Elias segment. At least they didn't have Titus falling.

Didn't like the ending of AJ/Nakamura but the execution of it was great. So perfectly synched.

Ruby/Bayley was better than 90% of the PPV and even that was only a deçent 10 minute match.

Also, I would never tap to Carmella's Code of Silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Events like that would make ya wonder why we bother with wrestling half the time

Then can have barn burners like the opening IC match, but choose to put that crapshow at the end

These days i really dont feel bad for torrenting events, they dont deserve a penny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fúck you Vince.

Just, honestly, fúck you.

You don't care, do you? You're just going to keep ramming Roman up our asses, aren't you? You're going to pretend he's out of the title picture. You're going to pretend that others are being given a chance, but at the end of the day, Roman will continue to be the main event. And you'll probably blame those he's in the ring with if a programme doesn't work.

In fact, I expect Joe to be fúcking demoted now for having the fúcking temerity to be better than Roman when he wasn't asked to be.

Fúck you Vince.

It doesn't matter if people walk out.
    It doesn't matter if people boo.
    It doesn't matter if people do nothing.
    It doesn't matter if your audience audibly tell you it's bullshít.

You have a fúcking boner for Reigns, so fúck the rest of us who have the cheek to want a fresh product lead by people and characters we believe in and like. Yeah, fúck us.

Rollins.
    Joe.
    Even fúcking Rusev.

Try something else. Please. Anything. You're making your product unwatchable because you're too fúcking insecure to run with someone else.

I need a new main event. I'm fúcking begging you.

But I know I won't get it. Because your company is fúcking minted with no competition. So the joke's on fúcking me isn't it? WWE could be fúcking brilliant if you just took your head out of your ass.

Anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Looked at this article from bleacher report, many fans in the audience actually walked out during the reigns/joe main event match last night, when fans didn,t react to a fellow getting a push years ago the push always ended, like many people I don,t get Vince,s logic in continuing to give roman reigns the push he,s getting when the fans are reacting negative to him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2774694-fans-actually-walked-out-on-roman-reigns-vs-samoa-joe-backlash-main-event

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Looked at this article from bleacher report, many fans in the audience actually walked out during the reigns/joe main event match last night, when fans didn,t react to a fellow getting a push years ago the push always ended, like many people I don,t get Vince,s logic in continuing to give roman reigns the push he,s getting when the fans are reacting negative to him.

This has all been said before, but....

They aren't giving in because Cena showed, to them at least, any reaction is good

It doesn't affect their bottom dollar, WWE is the draw nowadays

It's Vince's last chance to hand pick someone to be a superstar, he's near his end and he's not going to let go

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don’t remember people walking out of Cena matches though. The booking of the two is very different also. Cena would always get the support of the kids no matter what, even when he’s jeered by everyone else in the crowd. Reigns isn’t being booked to appeal to anyone right now, I don’t see many kids wearing his merch, he has no connection to them and doesn’t have the personality to ever have one.

They fcuked up, and are continuing to fcuk up. It’s as simple as that.

They aren't giving in because Cena showed, to them at least, any reaction is good

This is so ridiculous, because Vince is using false equivalency logic here.

Cena was already over for a sustained period.
    He at least paid his dues in the lower and mid card.
    The reaction is also not the same with Roman as it was for Cena. Cena would be met with equally vociferous chants from lovers and haters.

With Roman, a huge amount just don't fúcking care. You didn't have that with Cena. Everybody at least cared.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vince can push whoever he wants at this stage people will stay flocking to shows, paying for the network & supporting the wwe financially. The brand is the star now, they can muck up the booking spectacularly but won't be punished financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Reigns in line to fight Brock for the title next again?
    Thing is Vince could have pushed a couple guys in the time he's been trying to get Reigns over.

They keep making a big deal of Roman touching the floor first after the cage match and are now calling him the uncrowned Universal Champion so it's not over yet.

I'm all in on the train wreck now. Give me another Brock/Roman match, I want to see it destroyed by the fans. MITB is in Chicago, they'll massacre it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The Rollins vs Miz opener was very good but apart from that the show was dire. Rollins is by far the most interesting thing about the main roster right now.

Bliss vs Jax was a load of nothing. Orton vs Hardy was okay I guess, completely unmemorable.

The Elias segment was stupid. I really don't understand how anyone enjoyed that. Such a waste of time on a show that finished really late anyway. And the finish to the segment was Roode, the babyface, sneak attacking Elias. I like Elias, but once the bell rings he bores me. And Roode is as bland as they come.

Big Cass vs Bryan was boring. Big Cass doing moves was bad, Bryan clubbering Cass to set up for the Yes! Lock was great.

Carmella vs Charlotte was awful rubbish. Neither of them did anything.

Styles vs Nakamura was okay, like the match was only decent even before the finish. A double countout on the Saudi show followed by another no contest here and this is starting to needlessly drag.

The Braun/Lashley vs Owens/Zayn tag was some house show nonsense. I had no idea why the match was happening before, and I still have no idea. I'm bored of the Braun thing now. He's doing the same thing all the time now, and he's not having good matches either.

Whoever is responsible for the layout of that Roman / Joe match should be shot. Joe would hit some decent looking offense and then just sit in a tame looking submission for a few minutes. The match had no stakes, relied on the crowd rallying behind a guy they couldn't care less about, and finished at 11.30 on a school night, no wonder a lot of people were leaving during it.

I didn't expect much from the show but that was an embarrassing effort. First dual branded B level PPV and they put together that rubbish. Bryan's first singles feud since his return and he gets generic big guy, I hope he leaves the company. A good few of the matches seemed to have long rest holds. Nakamura continues to disappoint. Everything just seemed like a complete waste of time, much like the Saudi show last week.

• Advertisement

I never even mentioned Bryan.

I'd say Vince is fúcking laughing his ass off putting him in meaningless crap with the meaningless Cass.

What a waste of fúcking time.

Advertisement