Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are much study are you guys doing, honestly?

Options
  • 02-05-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I’ve been trying to do about 2 hours a night since last week, but I’m getting a ridiculous amount of English & Irish homework. It’s mostly Biology and History I’m concerned about. What about you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The only piece of advice I give to people doing the leaving is, don't kill yourself, but don't fcuk it up too much either. Enjoy your youth, and the leaving isn't really that important. Best of luck folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dazza216

Luckily I haven't been getting too much homework recently and the teachers are giving us more freedom in what we choose to study. They often don't have a problem with homework being late if I've been studying instead. At the moment I've been doing about 2 hours a night as well. I set myself a rough study plan detailing my goals for each week up to the exams and thankfully I've managed to follow it for once. I feel that since I worked hard during 5th year, I'm not feeling the pressure as much as some of my friends. What is surprising me the most is that after learning the same material for previous house exams and the mocks, I find I'm recalling much more of it this time. History and maths are my two main concerns right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

What I did in 6th year was do my homework for two hours in supervised study and then do two hours study when I got home. If you don’t get your homework done I wouldn’t worry about it because the worst a teacher can do is give you a note, and who really cares about those if it allows you to prioritise meaningful study over meaningless homework

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KildareMan18

4 hours of study a day, roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John 19

Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me? I'm 19 now and I am out at school at the moment. I left school prematurely due to personal problems and now I am freaking out. I don't know how to get back into education and I am poor at studying I need help. I probably will need one more year to catch up on everything. What should I do. I need urgent help
    as how to get out of my depersonalization and how to not take **** from people whoa re going to call me a retard etc thank you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nobody is going to call you a retard. You're not the first person to interrupt your education.

Find the Adult Education officer in your local ETB (used to be VEC). There are so many people in your position they have people whose job is to deal with exactly your query.

Depending on where you are in the country, you could enrol in an adults only Leaving Cert. course. Talk to your local ETB.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

John, I moved your original post here as I reckoned you would find more people familiar with your situation than in a forum frequented mostly by 16-18 year olds. :)

Advertisement