Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I really don't care about what ifs
    Salah got injured which pleases me as it weakens Liverpool
    But it's still game on

Most people prob have an issue with that. I feel for Salah and seeing someone like that devastated isn't nice regardless of who you support. I've read he's broke his collar bone, so if that is the case he's definitely out of the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Necrominus wrote: »
    Tbf, Ramos did Salah there. Total intent

Total intent to do his opposite shoulder?

Intended to foul him without being seen to foul him. Intended to mess Salah's shoulder up? I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

100% a foul that time on Salah. But also 100% an accident. There's no way in hell Ramos could orchestrate a deliberate injury that way. Hard not to feel sorry for Salah though given the year he has and the hopes of a nation on his shoulders (non pun intended)

Ramos will probably head the winner now

• Lukker- wrote: »
    Most people prob have an issue with that. I feel for Salah and seeing someone like that devastated isn't nice regardless of who you support. I've read he's broke his collar bone, so if that is the case he's definitely out of the WC.

That's fine
    But I don't really care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ramos surely wanted to foul him and leave an impression. He didn't actually intend to injure his arm that was a freak part of the landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If Ramos knew how to dislocate a guy's shoulder from that position one would think he'd do it every time he faces Messi. Also that he'd be a judo master.

You'd think it was BOD getting targeted by the All Blacks the way some are carrying on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

M!Ck^ wrote:
    I really don't care about what ifs Salah got injured which pleases me as it weakens Liverpool But it's still game on

But they have an excuse now if they lose. Surely you'd have preferred to see their full first team get beaten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Lads, I can only imagine your emotions are running wild
    But I think it's an overreaction
    Ramos ment to take him out yes
    But it was a yellow at best
    He didn't shoot him

No. He pulled his arm hoping for an injury (however unlikely). Best case scenario for Ramos. Do you really honestly think that Ramos had the best of intentions there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

fyfe79 wrote: »
    in fairness Mick, I enjoy your posts normally, but Ramos has intentionally gone to injure an opponent there, He is scum. If he did that to a Utd player, I'd be livid.

Really, intentionally..i dont think so. Im sure he was told to keep tight as possible to him, grabbed his arm and they both fell over, really really unlucky all ramos's weight landed on salahs arm.

Ramos is a fker alright but a footballer to go out and intentionally injure another playe, i dont think so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That's fine
    But I don't really care

How old are you?

Have you booked Real to win 1million goals to 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Christ, can the players go back and start again.

• Ronaldo has been poor so far
    Madrid have more of the ball but I'm not impressed with then tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Esse85 wrote: »
    That cynical behavior reminded me of the way Brian O'Driscoll was targeted by New Zealand on the lions tour.

Ramos should be banned from the world cup now.

You made me spit my beer all over myself there thx 🀪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Lukker- wrote: »

Would you expect anything else tbf?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What exactly happened Carvajal? Was it hamstring like Hamilton said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That's fine
    But I don't really care

Lacking empathy, you're a sociopath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anyone saying Ramos didn't mean that, you clearly haven't watched him over his career. Him and Pepe were were a right pair of *******. What's Ramos doing holding Salah's arm all the way down to the ground with the ball long gone? He has one of the worst reputations in football for a reason and his sendings off back that up. He also looks to get players sent off whenever he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. If you trap someones arm like that you will do damage to every part of the arm. Wrist, forearm, both tri and biceps, collar bone and shoulder. He is an utter scumbag. I would gladly see someone do his leg!!

• razorblunt wrote: »
    How old are you?

Have you booked Real to win 1million goals to 3?

Take a deep breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So close...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Some save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So, so close! Good save from karius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Oh very lucky..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AidoEirE wrote:
    Ramos is a fker alright but a footballer to go out and intentionally injure another playe, i dont think so

Anyone else probably not. Ramos....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Really, intentionally..i dont think so. Im sure he was told to keep tight as possible to him, grabbed his arm and they both fell over, really really unlucky all ramos's weight landed on salahs arm.

Fair enough, well put, I appreciate your point of view. But I disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Karius and Navas both made good saves so far.

ardinn wrote: »
    Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. If you trap someones arm like that you will do damage to every part of the arm. Wrist, forearm, both tri and biceps, collar bone and shoulder. He is an utter scumbag. I would gladly see someone do his leg!!

But it was mo's other arm was hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I really don't care about what ifs
    Salah got injured which pleases me as it weakens Liverpool
    But it's still game on

Christ. You're a proper wanker aren't you.

Perhaps you're "drunk" again like you were when you made those salty posts after the FA Cup final though.

I'll take my yellow/red now.

• Glico Man wrote: »

Relax yourself

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Karius and Navas both made good saves so far.

Karius in particular

• Advertisement

Karius in particular

Ya from that distance it was a great stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Esse85 wrote:
    Ramos should be banned from the world cup now.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Stinker of a match now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Glico Man wrote: »

For goodness sake. A sociopath because he doesn't really care that much if he misses the WC.

I am upset for Salah but I wouldn;t be that shocked if someone doesn't care whether an Egyptian player misses out in a tournament we aren't even in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Oh no, not Bobby hurt too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Very low quality game. That Salah injury is a definite game changer though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Game feels a little spoiled now, liverpool look aimless.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who said Ramos isn't a loathsome character?

Even if he was ordered to do in Salah, the nature of that injury was not some part of Ramos master plan. The injury was a freak accident. It wasn't even the arm Ramos was dragging that went...........

Thepoet85 wrote:
    Lol

Lol at you who doesn't understand what it's like to support a team and go a little Ott when a serious incident occurs in a huge game involving that team.

• Advertisement

• Just about offside
    Any VAR tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Anyone fancy our 1st 1-0 of the season,not the classic we were hoping for but we r still well in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hmmm, Liverpool winning this on points and still in the game. I think Lallana was the wrong sub, I'd have gone for Can (risky I admit) and moved Henderson or Wiji up the field in a 4-4-2 diamond

Ramos has just cancelled his Nile cruise for August. He'll never see the pyramids in his lifetime.

Life has gone out of the game from the Liverpool side since the injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Augeo wrote:
    But it was mo's other arm was hurt

So it wasn't because of Ramos. He is scum. always has been. They targeted mo and wanted to injure him

Just about offside
    Any VAR tonight?

No Var

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This would be one of the great wins if Liverpool do it.

We don't have the depth to lose a superstar and realistically expect to beat a bevy of them. Plus, they're seasoned at this CL final malarkey.

We've only one threat in behind now, which is many times easier to defend than 2.
    We're at the bare bones in midfield as I assume Can can't be fully fit.

This would be miraculous.

Hmmm, Liverpool winning this on points and still in the game. I think Lallana was the wrong sub, I'd have gone for Can (risky I admit) and moved Henderson or Wiji up the field in a 4-4-2 diamond

A diamond midfield is probably the worst thing you could do against a midfield three of Casemiro, Modric and Kroos imo.

Just about offside
    Any VAR tonight?

No VAR in the CL. I think it's coming in next year.

I need Jelly Babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Fair enough, well put, I appreciate your point of view. But I disagree.

Fair enough and i would be the same if it happened to my player.
    Ramos is absolute scum dont get me wrong, but i dont think a player would intentionally go out and try and injure another player.

Im an utd fan and im dissapointed as i want to see a good footballer play, and salah is a joy to watch even if its against UTD'S biggest rivals. Looks like he's out of the world cup as well, especially since he scored the winner against ghana to get them there.

End of the day, they'll be a lot of posters in this thread in the next few hours with different arguments but id say 99% would not have liked to seen salah injured or carvagal for that matter

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement