Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, Sergio Ramos and Joey Barton used in the same sentence, don't know how to describe that, just wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

TheCitizen wrote: »
    This is why opponents of Real Madrid must take matters into their own hands and fight fire with fire. Every team that faces them should be prepared for them.

Its hard to do that when Mr Perez is in charge of Real.
    Referees seem to favour Real for some bizarre reason ,if Real commit an offence its ok ,but if the opponents commit an offence its a foul.
    Referees seem to like Real ,I wonder why that is.

Referees must know Ramos's track record at this stage ,its obvious that the guy is a pathological cheater and a thug.
    Lets not forget he got Cuadrado sent off in last years final too.

I hope he gets his comeupppance next month .
    Karius is getting some abuse on twitter. Disgusting behavior.

Social media is truly vile .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The abuse is too far. But Karius needs to not ever play for Liverpool again. I dont think that will happen but I do hope.

Clareman wrote: »
    Wow, Sergio Ramos and Joey Barton used in the same sentence, don't know how to describe that, just wow

They are of the same breed. Just different sides of the talent spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I think the reaction to the goals from the two managers was telling. For Benzema’s ruled out goal, Zidane just clapped when it originally went in, but when it was ruled offside Klopp was nearly doing summersaults. Again for Mane’s goal Klopp went jumping around the place flapping all over the place like a mad man. For Bale’s bicycle kick goal Zidanes reaction was class, he was always in control whereas Klopp was running very high on emotion.
    Klopps high octane approach will get a team so far but in big games like last night I think it would help the team if he took a more measured approach

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

He did intend to injure him.
    He had as much intent to injure him as Lovren did on Ronaldo in the first couple of minutes. Give over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

abff wrote: »
    I was at the rugby yesterday and didn't watch the match until now. I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I am disgusted at what Ramos did to Salah. I hope he gets a lengthy ban based on video evidence.

In rugby parlance Liverpool and all opponents of Real Madrid must get their retaliation in first when facing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liamalone wrote: »
    I see the death threats and other assorted compliments aimed at Karius are all over t'internet. Pathetic stuff.

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Normally when these type of tackles are slowed down they look much worse.
    Ramos's on the other hand looks worse at normal speed.
    He had deliberately held Salah's arm behind his locking him in thus preventing Salah from protecting himself when he falls and ensuring his other arm takes the full brunt of a fall, and then tripping him, watch how as Salah falls over Ramos accelerates his fall and bringing him down extremely hard.
    Ramos knew full well that he was going to hurt Salah, he just didn't know if it would be bad enough to take him out of the game.
    Ps Not a liverpool fan.I hate em :) but to do that to a fellow pro is disgusting.
    Roy Keane was another ....can't even say it as I'll get another yellow card ffs.

• Mr.H wrote: »
    The abuse is too far. But Karius needs to not ever play for Liverpool again. I dont think that will happen but I do hope.

I think that's a totally acceptable opinion.
    Personally, I think the right thing to is for Klopp to keep Karius as a backup and sell Mignolet and replace him with a new number 1.
    But the abuse is not right. Death threats to him and his family fs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Liverpool expended a serious amount of energy chasing that vital early goal. Once Real weathered that storm I don't think the result was ever in doubt for me, regardless of the Salah injury. The United finals against Barca were similar, a bit of early pressure from the English side followed by 70 mins of control and domination from the Spanish one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

YNWA

lol true, that's why Karius was left on his own at the end of the match, only Real Madrid players consoled him. Fair play to Madrid, class act.

cournioni wrote: »
    He had as much intent to injure him as Lovren did on Ronaldo in the first couple of minutes. Give over.

I don't recall Lovren on Ronaldo maybe because ronaldo didn't have to leave the field as a result of it. Anyway....does that change the fact that Ramos deliberately tried and succeeded in injuring Salah?

Give over he says.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Liverpool expended a serious amount of energy chasing that vital early goal. Once Real weathered that storm I don't think the result was ever in doubt for me, regardless of the Salah injury. The United finals against Barca were similar, a bit of early pressure from the English side followed by 70 mins of control and domination from the Spanish one.
    Agree on all of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I think that's a totally acceptable opinion.
    Personally, I think the right thing to is for Klopp to keep Karius as a backup and sell Mignolet and replace him with a new number 1.
    But the abuse is not right. Death threats to him and his family fs

Same lads most likely that strung that mock Stevie G hanging doll near his house when he was going to Chelsea. Every club has idiots but there’s some nasty characters in Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Same lads most likely that strung that mock Stevie G hanging doll near his house when he was going to Chelsea. Every club has idiots but there’s some nasty characters in Liverpool

I honestly can't believe you are a mod in the soccer forum

Stay Classy Mac

What part of the above is incorrect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How sensitive can someone be?

• Advertisement

You're bias that only LFC has 'nasty characters' while the rest of the clubs have idiots.

I don't recall Lovren on Ronaldo maybe because ronaldo didn't have to leave the field as a result of it. Anyway....does that change the fact that Ramos deliberately tried and succeeded in injuring Salah?

Give over he says.
    He barged into the back of him in the early minutes, forcing him off the grass at the edge of the pitch, deliberately.

Doesn’t matter if he wasn’t injured as a result of it or not, the intent was there.

You are disgusting and should be nowhere near this forum. You are classless. Suggesting that Liverpool fans have more nasty characters than others shows your absolute bias.

You're bias that only LFC has 'nasty characters' while the rest of the clubs have idiots.

Ok then hanging an effigy of Gerrard and sending death threats to Karius isn't nasty then.

Mr.H wrote: »
    You are disgusting and should be nowhere near this forum. You are classless. Suggesting that Liverpool fans have more nasty characters than others shows your absolute bias.

That comment is worse than anything he posted last night. It's downright disgusting.

Name me another club in England not abroad where fans have sent death threats to there captain and mocked up a doll of him hanging near his home where his family would see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That comment is worse than anything he posted last night. It's downright disgusting.

'Disgusting'

:D

Name me another club in England not abroad where fans have sent death threats to there captain and mocked up a doll of him hanging near his home where his family would see it?

Its just good natured bantz. Just fun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1322748/Wayne-Rooney-death-threat-Angry-fans-outside-home.html

There ya go, right outside Rooneys house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Liamalone wrote: »
    lol true, that's why Karius was left on his own at the end of the match, only Real Madrid players consoled him. Fair play to Madrid, class act.

Did this happen?

Would be surprised if this was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sunderland fans have sent death threats to Newcastle players in the past. Steven Taylor amongst them.
    So to just claim Liverpool is the only club to have done so is a lie.
    He mightn't be their player but to still send a death threat to an opposing players shows a certain level of scuminess.
    Every club has idiots.

cournioni wrote: »
    He barged into the back of him in the early minutes, forcing him off the grass at the edge of the pitch, deliberately.

Doesn’t matter if he wasn’t injured as a result of it or not, the intent was there.
    Fine. He should have done it a few more times until Ronaldo had to be stretchered off.

To beat Real you must match their cynicism, Liverpool didn't do that. As I said earlier the Barca Real games are often cynical affairs. Barca know that you must match their cynicism and that includes feigning injury etc. like Ramos did when he was barely touched by Mane.

It would be better if the officials or video refs were used to combat Real Madrid's cynicism. In the absence of that their opponents have no choice but to meet fire with fire.

Fine. He should have done it a few more times until Ronaldo had to be stretchered off.

To beat Real you must match their cynicism, Liverpool didn't do that. As I said earlier the Barca Real games are often cynical affairs. Barca know that you must match their cynicism and that includes feigning injury etc. like Ramos did when he was barely touched by Mane.

It would be better if the officials or video refs were used to combat Real Madrid's cynicism. In the absence of that their opponents have no choice but to meet fire with fire.

Thing is tho Real are experts when it comes to game management and the dark arts. I’m sure Liverpool knew about it pre match but stopping it is a different thing entirely

I can give you examples of fans trying to get at the owners of the club (and not to give them a hug) - west ham this season

What about fans stopping a guy from getting on a train because he was black? chelsea

what about the city fans chasing a united fan down and beating the **** out of him. Kicking him into the head?

What about Roma fans trying to stab English fans every time they play?

If Death threats are your worry why dont you have a look at English fans sending them to Ronaldo after he got Rooney sent off at the world cup?

A mocked up doll? How about when Adeybour went to city???

You are talking **** and are a **** mod

• Advertisement

Thing is tho Real are experts when it comes to game management and the dark arts. I’m sure Liverpool knew about it pre match but stopping it is a different thing entirely
    They should have had a go at them in the tunnel pre match. They needed to get their retaliation in first.

• Unearthly wrote: »
    'Disgusting'

:D

Such faux outrage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Only last month Marcelo conned the ref into sending Alba off ,pretending he was hit in the face ,when he was tapped on the shoulder.
    I've no doubt that Zidane is encouraging this behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Felt pretty bad for Karius come the end. Not a single teammate to try console him, he was still very much part of the team that got there. YNWA indeed.

I can give you examples of fans trying to get at the owners of the club (and not to give them a hug) - west ham this season

What about fans stopping a guy from getting on a train because he was black? chelsea

what about the city fans chasing a united fan down and beating the **** out of him. Kicking him into the head?

What about Roma fans trying to stab English fans every time they play?

If Death threats are your worry why dont you have a look at English fans sending them to Ronaldo after he got Rooney sent off at the world cup?

A mocked up doll? How about when Adeybour went to city???

You are talking **** and are a **** mod

Referee's, moderators all shít when it comes to pool. We've all heard the conspiracy.

• Advertisement

They should have had a go at them in the tunnel pre match. They needed to get their retaliation in first.

But the thing about Madrid is even if they had matched them in that element they have so much quality all over the pitch that it’s hard to stop them. Last night
    Ronaldo
    Isco
    Kross were all fairly quiet. But Modric Bale and Benzima turn up.
    If you play them again next week and focus on the later 3 then the first 3 will hurt you. Not many clubs have that much fire power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MurDawg wrote: »
    Felt pretty bad for Karius come the end. Not a single teammate to try console him, he was still very much part of the team that got there. YNWA indeed.

https://twitter.com/RorySmith/status/1000502875162898432?s=19

Don't let facts get in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Ok and the hanging part?

Is the 'join city and die banner' along with the death threats not enough to earn the characters responsible for it the 'nasty' title that you are trying to claim is reserved for some liverpool fans.

I'm a United fan but trying to claim that there aren't horrible ****ers doing horrible stuff in the name of most clubs is as ridiculous as your 'and the hanging?' retort above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Whoever was looking for people saying Ramos should be banned, don't even have to back far now.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

pjohnson wrote: »
    Referee's, moderators all shít when it comes to pool. We've all heard the conspiracy.

Nah just pointing out that if he wasnt a mod he would probably get a warning for some of the **** he posts. Inflammatory comments that wind up fans are against the charter.

Dont stop tickling his balls though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

#repealkarius

Yeah right, like when Rooney got death threats in 2010 because he was hesitating to sign a new contract. Claiming this type of sh*t goes on at one club and not at another is the lowest form of argument and for a soccer moderator to engage in it is particularly poor.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8079926/Wayne-Rooney-death-threats-sprayed-onto-Manchester-United-poster.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ramos' aim was to foul and hurt.

You can get into semantics and ask whether he went to injure him. We'll never know.

What we do know is no due care was given to Salah by a fellow professional. Ramos was so busy fouling, he (at best) didn't even think about how Salah would land.

Impossible to retrospectively punish as none of us will ever know the extent of what he meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Can't understand all the whinging about Ramos fairly innocuous challenge, considering the way souness,Smith and Case used to dish it out. Salah is a fantastic player but it's a team game. You cannot be depending on one man to make the whole thing tick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

TitianGerm wrote: »

Is that the gospel according to Rory Smith? My eyes must have deceived me because I thought the poor chap wandered about the penalty box for a while before deciding that he should be crying.

YNWA

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement