Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Gibberish, there was nothing innocuous about it. If you actually believe that you're in denial.

Fantastic rebuttal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You haven't a clue.

neither do you.

they often give players stuff to numb them up so they can play on. messi did it to play in a big match a few years ago instead of getting surgury

all im saying is try it and see if he could play on.
    his shoulder isnt as imprtant as his legs etc . he could carry that injury if it wasnt that bad.

i would rather have a great player whoscores goals at ease but a bit injured than an ok player that is fit/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Mane tried his best break his legs few times. But failed badly.

Get over it

Better team won
    Yes they do have to get over it. They didn't prepare themselves adequately for Real Madrid's cynicism.

adox wrote: »
    Fantastic rebuttal.

Everyone has seen the incident. It was not innocuous. It was deliberate. He meant to injure him. It's not a shock he has form for this. Liverpool should have retaliated in kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Everyone has seen the incident. It was not innocuous. It was deliberate. He meant to injure him. It's not a shock he has form for this. Liverpool should have retaliated in kind.

Yes and there’s as many people who think it was innocuous as there are who think he went to do him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I think that's a totally acceptable opinion.
    Personally, I think the right thing to is for Klopp to keep Karius as a backup and sell Mignolet and replace him with a new number 1.
    But the abuse is not right. Death threats to him and his family fs

I would think that for everybody's sake, it would probably be best if Karius just leaves. A clean break and fresh start.

It would always be on his mind at Liverpool (it will be anyway, but would be more pronounced) and a section of the fans will, reasonably in my opinion, never forgive or forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Suit yourself. Go off and find a load of lads that agree with you and sit there whinging about it all day for all I care. No point in posting it here if you don’t want it challenged.

It depends how who replies to the comment. I posted a video just showing a clear red card. Why would I want it challenged it is clear.

Once I see certain usernames like yours I know they are a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes and there’s as many people who think it was innocuous as there are who think he went to do him.

And how many of them would be Man Utd fans ?

Is there? Have you done a survey on this or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

MD1990 wrote: »
    It depends how who replies to the comment. I posted a video just showing a clear red card. Why would I want it challenged it is clear.

Once I see certain usernames like yours I know they are a waste of time.

Once I see bullsh*t I have to call it out. It’s gas that you went and found another video with the push cropped out :pac:
    It says all we need to know about your position on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We are going to hear weeks of whinging about Ramos when the simple fact, clear as day on all videos of the incident, is that Salah had hold of Ramos arm first.

Ramos did **** all wrong, arms got tangled, the players fell and in the process Salah fell awkwardly. Thats all it was, **** happens and conspiracy theories have never made anybody look smarter.

I'm not suggesting any conspiracy. Why are you going that far with it?

Ramos dragged him down. It was a foul. Nobody knows if he tried to hurt him. The fact he elbowed Karius later suggests it's not out of the realms of possibility tbh.

In the grand scheme of things though, arguing whether he meant to hurt is meaningless. We lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Look, this is been blown out of proportion. Ramos 100% fouled him, I don't think he tried to injure him but he did try to "let him know he's there".

If he wanted to injure him there are way easier ways to do it than holding his arm and pulling him the the ground. 99 times out of 100 the player is a little winded after that fall and runs it off.

Salah was that 1 in 100 chance where the player does come off bad.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Look, this is been blown out of proportion. Ramos 100% fouled him, I don't think he tried to injure him but he did try to "let him know he's there".

If he wanted to injure him there are way easier ways to do it than holding his arm and pulling him the the ground. 99 times out of 100 the player is a little winded after that fall and runs it off.

Salah was that 1 in 100 chance where the player does come off bad.
    He meant to injure him and he got the result he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting any conspiracy. Why are you going that far with it?

Ramos dragged him down. It was a foul. Nobody knows if he tried to hurt him. The fact he elbowed Karius later suggests it's not out of the realms of possibility tbh.

In the grand scheme of things though, arguing whether he meant to hurt is meaningless. We lost.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107111369&postcount=1254

First line;
    Ramos' aim was to foul and hurt.

Once I see bullsh*t I have to call it out. It’s gas that you went and found another video with the push cropped out :pac:
    It says all we need to know about your position on it.

Have no idea as usual what you are talking about. Have no cluse whether there is anoher video.

As I said the in 2 previous replies VVD pushing Ramos has nothing to do with Ramos elbowing Karius in the head.

Of course everyone knows what certain posters are trying to do goes without saying it is embarrassing & sad especially for certain posters who I believe are near 40 but acting 20 years younger. But maybe they don't have much going in their life I'm not sure.

On a different note.

Ronaldo done his Ballon Do'r chances harm last night. He was awful. Coming out with wanting to leave was possibly because he was annoyed Bale had the starring role. He did apologize after about it though. Bale also brought up his future as well which was also poor. Not the right time.

Leaves it quite open for whoever stars in the WC. Could be Messi's chance or maybe Iniesta with Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

blueser wrote: »

Well played. I meant 'injure' (i.e. take him out of the game).

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ramos' aim was to foul and hurt.

You can get into semantics and ask whether he went to injure him. We'll never know.

What we do know is no due care was given to Salah by a fellow professional. Ramos was so busy fouling, he (at best) didn't even think about how Salah would land.

Impossible to retrospectively punish as none of us will ever know the extent of what he meant.
    That’s a bit dramatic in fairness. Ramos won the ball, he pulled Salah down with him after winning it. Salah went down heavily on his other shoulder. It’s a contact sport. Both teams are competitive and will do what they must do to win, that includes being a little “heavy handed” with their opponents. Like I pointed out, Lovren was no different with Ronaldo in the first few minutes of the game.

It wouldn’t have affected the result of the game either way. Real Madrid were by far the better of the two teams over all.

cournioni wrote: »
    That’s a bit dramatic in fairness. Ramos won the ball, he pulled Salah down with him after winning it. Salah went down heavily on his other shoulder. It’s a contact sport. Both teams are competitive and will do what they must do to win, that includes being a little “heavy handed” with their opponents. Like I pointed out, Lovren was no different with Ronaldo in the first few minutes of the game.

It wouldn’t have affected the result of the game either way. Real Madrid were by far the better of the two teams over all.

Ramos locked his arm with him to drive him into the ground. He tried and succeeded to injure him. Whether it affected the result or not is a different question, I think it did, that's why he tried to injure him after all. However Ramos' attempt and success in his effort to injure Salah is beyond dispute. The camera doesn't lie.

• Advertisement

Ramos locked his arm with him to drive him into the ground. He tried and succeeded to injure him. Whether it affected the result or not is a different question, I think it did, that's why he tried to injure him after all. However Ramos' attempt and success in his effort to injure Salah is beyond dispute. The camera doesn't lie.

Like I said, dramatic. It was similar to Lovren trying to “leave something on” Ronaldo early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

That is how it went down he went out to injure salah and well he succeeded ! The fact he was laughing after if says it all to me. The man is a vile person and i honestly believe he would gladly do it again to another player.

the cameras dont lie. salah was holding onto ramos as well.
    there is nothing to show that ramos wanted to injure salah

Well played. I meant 'injure' (i.e. take him out of the game).
    Everybody knows what Ramos is like; he's got a rap sheet longer than your arm. 24 red cards, isn't it? The tackle/foul wasn't anything ridiculous or vicious though; if you were watching the play off final yesterday, Grealish did a far worse tackle. It's the way Salah fell (and having one arm trapped/held by Ramos meant he couldn't fully brace/protect himself) that was the problem. I feel sorry for Ramos; he seems like a decent fella, and doesn't deserve to possibly miss the World Cup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Just listening to the Radio here .

Presenters reporting that Stephen Hunt said ( newspaper column ) that Ramos had definitely tried to take Salah out of the game .

Ramos succeeded . Is there an Award for that kind of Sabotage ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Everybody knows what Ramos is like; he's got a rap sheet longer than your arm. 24 red cards, isn't it? The tackle/foul wasn't anything ridiculous or vicious though; if you were watching the play off final yesterday, Grealish did a far worse tackle. It's the way Salah fell (and having one arm trapped/held by Ramos meant he couldn't fully brace/protect himself) that was the problem. I feel sorry for Ramos; he seems like a decent fella, and doesn't deserve to possibly miss the World Cup.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Have no idea as usual what you are talking about. Have no cluse whether there is anoher video.

As I said the in 2 previous replies VVD pushing Ramos has nothing to do with Ramos elbowing Karius in the head.

Of course everyone knows what certain posters are trying to do goes without saying it is embarrassing & sad especially for certain posters who I believe are near 40 but acting 20 years younger. But maybe they don't have much going in their life I'm not sure.

You should probably stop crying about other posters if you’re going to accuse others of acting like children.

That is how it went down he went out to injure salah and well he succeeded ! The fact he was laughing after if says it all to me. The man is a vile person and i honestly believe he would gladly do it again to another player.
    He does it when the opportunity arises. He's not the only one but that doesn't change that fact. Anyone who can't or doesn't want to see that is in denial.

the cameras dont lie. salah was holding onto ramos as well.
    there is nothing to show that ramos wanted to injure salah
    Except what we see from the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

blinding wrote: »

Presenters reporting that Stephen Hunt said ( newspaper column ) that Ramos had definitely tried to take Salah out of the game .

Yep, getting to lift another champions league trophy.

Like I said, dramatic. It was similar to Lovren trying to “leave something on” Ronaldo early on.

Maybe it was similar. I'm talking about the Ramos Salah incident. He deliberately set out and succeeded in injuring Salah, there's nothing dramatic about it. It's there on camera.

• Advertisement

The same Stephen Hunt that almost ended Petr Cech’s career? He should know better than to be coming out with nonsense like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

what kind of baby is salah though. its a minor injury. he could have played on a bit to see how it was.
    its only his shoulder. he doesnt need it to be 100%.

Ignoring the fact that he did try to play on, I'll just say this. I once landed on my shoulder in a GAA match, at speed and twisting as I fell. I didn't break a collar bone and at first it just felt like a sprain does, it was sore but I still had movement so I tried to play on.

Five minutes later? Sore. as. ****. All movement in that shoulder triggering intense pain, unable to lift my arm to any extent worth talking about. One hour later? Unable to move right arm, unable to remove jersey, unable to drive home. Eyes watering from the pain.

Its only his shoulder? I take it you have never ran the length of yourself then because for starters your arm movement is an important part of running form, there isn't a footballer going to have balance or pace worth a **** if his shoulders aren't working properly. And more than that the injury can be bloody sore, I for one wasn't surprised at all to see Salah a bit emotional all things considered.

The same Stephen Hunt that almost ended Petr Cech’s career?
    Yes, he'd know what he's talking about.

You should probably stop crying about other posters if you’re going to accuse others of acting like children.
    :confused:

Stating an opinion is not crying.

Why would I cry about posters who I don't respect lol. As usual you are making no sense.

Very disapointed about the result but it is a game of football.

Maybe it was similar. I'm talking about the Ramos Salah incident. He deliberately set out and succeeded in injuring Salah, there's nothing dramatic about it. It's there on camera.
    It happens. It’s a contact sport FFS! It’s just unfortunate that Salah was injured and had to miss the rest of the game.

Why would I cry about posters who I don't respect lol. As usual you are making no sense.

And yet here we are...

It happens. It’s a contact sport FFS! It’s just unfortunate that Salah was injured and had to miss the rest of the game.
    Yes it happens, did I say it doesn't? There was nothing 'unfortunate' about it; Ramos deliberately set out to and succeeded in injuring Salah. He got the result he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's the way Salah fell (and having one arm trapped/held by Ramos

Ramos wasn't even holding Salah's arm, not in the sense of him grabbing/holding it. Salah linked the arms first, which funnily enough left the two arms linked. Thats all, and anybody saying one was "holding" the other is simply incorrect.

Thankfully it seems to be just the two people trying to claim it was intentional, even if they are repeating so much as to seem like more.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Ooops! I hope you realise I meant Salah. How the fcuk did I my secretary end up typing "Ramos"?

Yes it happens, did I say it doesn't? There was nothing 'unfortunate' about it; Ramos deliberately set out to and succeeded in injuring Salah. He got the result he wanted.
    Utter nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We are not worthy o great one

Except what we see from the camera.

just rewatched it again a few time.
    salah has is arm around ramos first, salah starts to go down first.
    ramos gets the ball
    ramos then goes down and brings salah with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

its only his shoulder. he doesnt need it to be 100%.

the diference is that carvajal is a good player in a great team. the next guy could easily take his place nd have very little effect on the team. salah is a huge player for liverpool.

:D:D:D:D:D

I assume this is sarcasm!

One of the most stupidest things this forum has produced (and from banning Ramos from the WC to speculating about Karius match fixing it has produced some gems!)

:D:D:D:D:D

I assume this is sarcasm!

One of the most stupidest things this forum has produced (and from banning Ramos from the WC to speculating about Karius match fixing it has produced some gems!)
    Sure McGrath played against Italy in 94 with the arms hanging off him... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Salah clearly holding onto Ramos. It was just one of those things, you'd swear Ramos had him in an arm bar going by comments here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its not a popularity contest.

Who ever said it was???? I was stating an opinion, simple.

Salah clearly holding onto Ramos. It was just one of those things, you'd swear Ramos had him in an arm bar going by comments here.

exactly . looks like salah fouled ramos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Started off as a tussle but once they were going down and Ramos knew he had Salah's arm in an awkward position he wasn't releasing it.

Call me deluded, whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

exactly . looks like salah fouled ramos

You mean when Ramos pulled Salah to the ground and landed on his arm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement