Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Mr.H wrote: »
    You mean when Ramos pulled Salah to the ground and landed on his arm?

no i mean he held ramos at the time he was going down. that a foul

ramos then goes for the ball and ends up going down faster .

salah was fouling first , then ramos fould back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

exactly . looks like salah fouled ramos
    Karius fouled Ramos’s Elbow as well .

Head butting Ramos’s Elbow is a shocking foul :eek:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

blinding wrote: »

Wasn’t Ramos pushed by van Dijk there?

ramos did nothing wrong. he didnt swing his elbow and was pushed .
    keeper only hit off ramos s arm and not the point of the elbow. not comfortable but unlikely to cause any damage

cournioni wrote: »

the facts wont stop people blaming ramos

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

cournioni wrote: »
    Ramos used his Positional Opportunism to get Karius to attack his Elbow.....

In other words Van Dijk gave Ramos a nudge and Ramos used this as an opportunity to Elbow Karius .

Ramos wanted an unknowing accomplice to muddy the waters .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

the facts wont stop people blaming ramos

The facts dont seem to stop you claiming he did nothing wrong. He went down because he was trying to win a free kick and he held Salahs arm so Salah wouldnt get in behind him. If Salah was the one holding he would have been able to remove his arm. But he wasnt. Even in that image you cant say that its obviously Salah holding Ramos. Its a still image.

Ramos tried to take Salah out last night. It just so happened he did it by accident. But he certainly put Salah at risk by holding him and going to ground the way he did.

Ramos used his Positional Opportunism to get Karius to attack his Elbow.....

In other words Van Dijk gave Ramos a nudge and Ramos used this as an opportunity to Elbow Karius .

Ramos wanted an unknowing accomplice to muddy the waters .

Ramos uses dirty tricks to put the opposition off their game. The exact same as Pepe use to. He wasnt exactly pushed by Virgil the way some in here say. There was hands on him yes like every corner. But he wasnt pushed. He did try to go down to get a peno and as he was going down he did hit Karius. He might not have thought about it originally but he certainly did it with purpose.

The facts dont seem to stop you claiming he did nothing wrong. He went down because he was trying to win a free kick and he held Salahs arm so Salah wouldnt get in behind him. If Salah was the one holding he would have been able to remove his arm. But he wasnt. Even in that image you cant say that its obviously Salah holding Ramos. Its a still image.

Ramos tried to take Salah out last night. It just so happened he did it by accident. But he certainly put Salah at risk by holding him and going to ground the way he did.

the videos show salah holding ramos first.
    salah started to go down first
    ramos got the ball
    doing so he had to go down after getting the ball
    ramos held salah while going down

all facts. watch the video

its the fall the injured salah. not ramos

im not saying ramos isnt wrong here . he is . but not solely his fault

the videos show salah holding ramos first.
    salah started to go down first
    ramos got the ball
    doing so he had to go down after getting the ball
    ramos held salah while going down

all facts. watch the video

its the fall the injured salah. not ramos

im not saying ramos isnt wrong here . he is . but not solely his fault

The fall didnt injure Salah. Ramos turning while Pulling Salahs arm out of teh socket as he went to ground is what injured Salah.

Yes solely his fault. He didnt need to pull his arm to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

The fall didnt injure Salah. Ramos turning while Pulling Salahs arm out of teh socket as he went to ground is what injured Salah.

But sure Ramos was pulling Salahs right arm and wasn't it his left arm that got injured.

Dont let facts get in the way though.

if someone is pulling out of you you are less likely to go easy on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Jesus lads are we still talking about Ramos. Ramos went in strong to show Salah he be around him for the rest of the game but I (as a liverpool fan) do not believe he meant an injury. I was listening to off the ball this at noon and you swear they had the proof he was intent of taking him out because when asked would he but Salah with Messi and Ronaldo Ramos thought he was no where near.

Lets Hope Salah can be fit for the World Cup but this conspiratorial talk is going no where.

The bigger news was Ronaldo and Bale basically saying they will be going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Watched this in a pub in London last night. The first goal, was an incredibly bizarre experience. The whole pub went quiet and people starting wondering what had happened. On watching the replay, everyone in the place cracked up. Have to say that I felt for Karius by the end of the game. That game is going to be career defining for him, I fear. Outside of that, Real got the job done, as I suspected. Bale's first goal was a CL winning goal. Another final loss for Klopp, which is a shame for a manager of his calibre. Think he has to win the next final he gets Liverpool to, even if it is the League cup. Felt really sorry for Salah but these things happen in football. Nothing malicious in it for me. Bale could be a massive signing for one of the PL sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Jesus lads are we still talking about Ramos. Ramos went in strong to show Salah he be around him for the rest of the game but I (as a liverpool fan) do not believe he meant an injury. I was listening to off the ball this at noon and you swear they had the proof he was intent of taking him out because when asked would he but Salah with Messi and Ronaldo Ramos thought he was no where near.

Lets Hope Salah can be fit for the World Cup but this conspiratorial talk is going no where.

The bigger news was Ronaldo and Bale basically saying they will be going

A real Pool fan here for the neutrals to put on a pedestal. Not like the rest of us *****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A real Pool fan here for the neutrals to put on a pedestal. Not like the rest of us *****.

SlickRic is a real pool fan is he not? He stands pretty high on the pedestal of pool fans here for me and yet we disagree on plenty, the Salah injury for example.

Must not simply be a case of someone's position being the bar for pedestal worthiness or not...

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Salah clearly holding onto Ramos. It was just one of those things, you'd swear Ramos had him in an arm bar going by comments here
    451794.jpg
    That tidys it up once and for all.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

All this talk of Ramos fouling Salah is just deflecting from the fact that Liverpool have a turnip as a goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Plus Ramos should of got a Peno for the push in the first place.

Thankfully for Madrid they did not need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

All this talk of Ramos fouling Salah is just deflecting from the fact that Liverpool have a turnip as a goalkeeper.

Ah come on now, that's not fair on the poor turnips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

???????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

You're suggesting Ramos has the strength to pull a mans arm out of it's socket while running along side him ? Not only that but he's so strong he doesn't even have to be pulling that exact arm at the time, not only that but he doesn't even have to be pulling on the arm, the man simply just has to have his arm wrapped around the arm of Ramos at the time, do i have that right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just post a gif instead of screenshots and it clears it up...

giphy.gif

What did Ramos do wrong? Competed for the ball, both got tangled and both fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

People are mixing up what shoulder got injured judging by alot of comments here

Salah injured himself fouling ramos so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

J. Marston wrote: »

giphy.gif

I'm glad you got the gif to clear things up for you pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I agreed to disagree a long time ago on the Salah injury.

I think he could've let go if he wanted. Others don't think Ramos did a thing wrong.

Meh.

It doesn't really matter. Nothing can be changed now and we'll never know if it would've made a difference if Salah had stayed on. And if doesn't really matter anyway.

Let's not let it ruin our lives lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭celt262

Mo Salad to Madrid if Bale and Ronaldo leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

celt262 wrote: »
    Mo Salad to Madrid if Bale and Ronaldo leave?

Salah won't go after 1 season. That basically never happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Salah injured himself fouling ramos so

Looks that way to me, if anyone committed a foul it was Salah by no foul was committed imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm glad you got the gif to clear things up for you pal.

Gif was a big help to me, proves it was a coming together and Ramos not in the wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

s8n wrote: »
    Gif was a big help to me, proves it was a coming together and Ramos not in the wrong

I think it is the two players involved that hyped it up more than it needed to be. Liverpool's best hope coupled with Ramos and his normal ****house tactics which lead to people reading into it too much. That is a normal coming together that happens week in week out. Unfortunate end for Salah, and it will be gutting for him and a major loss for the World Cup if he doesn't get himself back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Hopefully the latest reports saying three weeks will see him at WC. To the so called football fans who got satisfaction from his injury, because it’s weakens Liverpool and their beloved may benefit, grow up ta fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

giphy.gif

Cant see a whole lot wrong with the challenge from that angle tbf. If it happened to the best player on the team you support on the same stage would you still have the same view?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people should care about Egypt at the world cup though. I don't think you would either only the player plays for your supported club, so there's growing up to be done all round.

I’m not a fan of Liverpool. I was referring to some of the clowns on here who delighted in a players injury.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of Liverpool. I was referring to some of the clowns on here who delighted in a players injury.

Such as?

Identify one or two of the clowns who were delighted in a players injury

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Even as a Madrid fan I was really sad for Salah and Karius. When the greatest ever footballing Dynasty was formed the talking was all about 2 guys that had horrendous nights. A very, very memorable Champions League Final for good and bad reasons.

Also some serious questions have to be asked about security. We have already had threats against Ronaldo and Messi from ISIS yet somebody was able to get onto a pitch (with a running track by the way) and get within 10 yards of Ronaldo. There should have been snipers on the roof to take that guy out. It's just a matter of time before terrorism hits football and it seems the authorities are waiting for something to happen before they act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

giphy.gif

Liverpool had an uphill challenge from the start playing serial winners in Real. They got no luck on the night and of course to win such a prestigious trophy you will need a little luck.

However if you watch this gif that shows Salah linking arms with Ramos first and still want to entertain the notion that there was intent to injure you are either deluded or bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Snipers? Lol

Such as?

Identify one or two of the clowns who were delighted in a players injury

Read back through the thread and there are plenty of examples

Read back through the thread and there are plenty of examples

No, I've not seen any and I'm not going trawling. Any post I've seen by a fan from any team has expressed sympathy for Salah. You are the one claiming the opposite and directing posts to them so it's on you to actually name them or at least provide one or two examples of these people.

I don't believe there has been anybody taking delight in a players injury, if you know otherwise show me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I really don't care about what ifs
    Salah got injured which pleases me as it weakens Liverpool
    But it's still game on
    No, I've not seen any and I'm not going trawling. Any post I've seen by a fan from any team has expressed sympathy for Salah. You are the one claiming the opposite and directing posts to them so it's on you to actually name them or at least provide one or two examples of these people.

I don't believe there has been anybody taking delight in a players injury, if you know otherwise show me.

For example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I do remember your man "Mick" taking pleasure from it somewhat but I think he just thrives on a bit of attention

You really think I’m going to trawl back through the thread to satisfy you, I stated an opinion and you have been upset by it. There are examples but, go find them yourself.

• ArielAtom wrote: »

Me, just stop beating around the bush and say it.
    I have no problems in saying it.
    I'm delighted they lost the final.
    When the best player for Liverpool is forced off it weakens them. I don't give a toss.

He's a grown man he will be fine and he gets paid enough.Lads playing rugby and GAA get hammered week in week out.

What's better is he in fact commited the foul anyway after further review.
    I 100% wanted to see Liverpool lose. There is no in between. I'm a Utd fan and always have been.
    People continue to convince themselves this is against the norm when it's not.

However I didn't wish it on him nor was I hoping he would miss the world cup. Never once did I say it.

**** happens when you play football. Yes football. A sport.

That's all it is.

You really think I’m going to trawl back through the thread to satisfy you, I stated an opinion and you have been upset by it. There are examples but, go find them yourself.

No I don't care whether you do it or not, I don't like sweeping generalisations. If you have an issue with a poster then use the name and don't hide.

• I do remember your man "Mick" taking pleasure from it somewhat but I think he just thrives on a bit of attention

The posts are clear. It's not about thriving on attention. Read up.
    Faux outrage yet again

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Me, just stop beating around the bush and say it.
    I have no problems in saying it.
    I'm delighted they lost the final.
    When the best player for Liverpool is forced off it weakens them. I don't give a toss.

He's a grown man he will be fine and he gets paid enough.Lads playing rugby and GAA get hammered week in week out.

What's better is he in fact commited the foul anyway after further review.
    I 100% wanted to see Liverpool lose. There is no in between. I'm a Utd fan and always have been.
    People continue to convince themselves this is against the norm when it's not.

However I didn't wish it on him nor was I hoping he would miss the world cup. Never once did I say it.

**** happens when you play football. Yes football. A sport.

That's all it is.

Some rant, no it wasn’t you until I saw the examples. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, I was referring to the delight taken by some including you in an injury. Simple really, but you try and justify it as them not winning.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement