Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

J. Marston wrote: »
    What did Ramos do wrong?

Not a damn thing, and the closer views make it even clearer.

Just watch Ramos left arm throughout that gif for example, not once does his hand clench into a fist, which you would expect if he was experting pressure or flexing his arm in an attempt to hold or pull Salah.

Anybody pretending otherwise is simply deluded.

• ArielAtom wrote: »
    Some rant, no it wasn’t you until I saw the examples. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, I was referring to the delight taken by some including you in an injury. Simple really, but you try and justify it as them not winning.

It really is though.

Can you accept that without Salah in the side Liverpool were a weakened 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

No I don't care whether you do it or not, I don't like sweeping generalisations. If you have an issue with a poster then use the name and don't hide.

I don’t remember names. Just that they appeared to be bitter and a little obsessed with a rival club and it showed in their delight at a player sustaining an injury. Very simple really, clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This thread should have been closed long ago.

Then again, if it acts as a lightening rod for all the sh1thead posts and trolling, then perhaps it is serving a purpose. But seriously lads, many of ye here need to get a fvcking life and go out and enjoy the sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

adox wrote: »
    Snipers? Lol

There were Snipers at Euro 2016. You may have noticed some "empty" corporate boxes during some matches.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It really is though.

Can you accept that without Salah in the side Liverpool were a weakened 11?

That really is not what my post was about. Anyone with half a footballing brain could see that, Salah going off ended the game as a contest. My point was about someone taking delight in a player sustaining an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The posts are clear. It's not about thriving on attention. Read up.
    Faux outrage yet again

How am I outraged! I couldn't give a toss! I am not even a Liverpool fan! You knew well your "I am glad he is injured" post would attract a lot of negative attention, don't be so naive!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

But seriously lads, many of ye here need to get a fvcking life and go out and enjoy the sunshine.

Out? As in... er ... outside? [Shivers at the thought of it!] :(

• How am I outraged! I couldn't give a toss! I am not even a Liverpool fan! You knew well your "I am glad he is injured" post would attract a lot of negative attention, don't be so naive!

I understand you are not.
    Just because it might attract negative attention doesn't mean I can't post it.

It's a match thread. I've shared my own thoughts.

It's nearly worse than "Utd fans" wishing Liverpool would win the CL

Anyway enough about it after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

There were Snipers at Euro 2016. You may have noticed some "empty" corporate boxes during some matches.

It was more suggesting that snipers take out any pitch invaders.

That really is not what my post was about. Anyone with half a footballing brain could see that, Salah going off ended the game as a contest. My point was about someone taking delight in a player sustaining an injury.

It's nothing personal against Salah. Anyone with a brain could see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just post a gif instead of screenshots and it clears it up...

giphy.gif

What did Ramos do wrong? Competed for the ball, both got tangled and both fell.

Look at it from the head on angle.Ramos deliberately kept gripping his arm then falls down and drags Salah under him so that he can exert as much damage as possible.

Honestly there's a few on here that have an agenda, maybe against Liverpool is it? Who knows. But anyone from a neutral perspective can see clearly Ramos deliberately injured Salah. No question about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I would have no problem with snipers taking out pitch invaders, **** the lot of them.

I understand you are not.
    Just because it might attract negative attention doesn't mean I can't post it.

It's a match thread. I've shared my own thoughts.

It's nearly worse than "Utd fans" wishing Liverpool would win the CL

Anyway enough about it after this.

Even the silly signature you just put up is full indication that you thrive on attention! Nothing wrong with that, in fact I'm not even criticising you but at least accept it when someone calls you out on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TheCitizen wrote: »

Look at it from the head on angle.Ramos deliberately kept gripping his arm then falls down and drags Salah under him so that he can exert as much damage as possible.

Honestly there's a few on here that have an agenda, maybe against Liverpool is it? Who knows. But anyone from a neutral perspective can see clearly Ramos deliberately injured Salah. No question about it.

Or maybe, sometimes people don't share your view of a topic and it is nothing more sinister than that. You will even run into some people out there who don't share your world view and its not because they are evil or agenda driven. Scary thought I know.

• Advertisement

It's nothing personal against Salah. Anyone with a brain could see that.

Then why post it???

Then why post it???

Because it's an incident in the match thread which can be discussed

• Even the silly signature you just put up is full indication that you thrive on attention! Nothing wrong with that, in fact I'm not even criticising you but at least accept it when someone calls you out on it!

I was called it in this very thread. So yeah, I will take the piss out of it. If you are going to give it, be prepared to get it back.

Because it's an incident in the match thread which can be discussed

Fair enough, wasn’t looking for an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I was called it in this very thread. So yeah, I will take the piss out of it. If you are going to give it, be prepared to get it back.
    Your still posting.

You can take a break now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramos did nothing wrong. Running side by side, arms got tangled, and they both fell with their arms still tangled.

Very unfortunate for Salah considering he's out of the World Cup.

The most scumbag act of the night was from the Liverpool players, particularly Henderson for not consoling Karius at the end.

• MD1990 wrote: »
    Your still posting.

You can take a break now :D

You're back, did you enjoy the fresh air :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Liamalone wrote: »
    Looks that way to me, if anyone committed a foul it was Salah by no foul was committed imo.

Such binary logic.

If I two foot a player, its a foul by me. This doesn't preclude the fouled played purposely landing on my face with his elbow though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The video there is the first time I've seen it and Ramos is undoubtedly a filthy player...but I don't see a huge amount in it.

Salah is injured because he lands on his shoulder and his left hand or moreso his left forearm doesn't break his fall.

Or maybe, sometimes people don't share your view of a topic and it is nothing more sinister than that. You will even run into some people out there who don't share your world view and its not because they are evil or agenda driven. Scary thought I know.
    People can have all kinds of opinions, it doesn't bother me.
    The Camera doesn't lie. If you don't see it perhaps you need to visit specsavers.

dfx- wrote: »
    The video there is the first time I've seen it and Ramos is undoubtedly a filthy player...but I don't see a huge amount in it.

Salah is injured because he lands on his shoulder and his left hand or moreso his left forearm doesn't break his fall.
    You don't see when Ramos begins to hit the deck that he goes out of his way to continue to keep a grip on Salah's arm even though he knows Salah is about to hit the deck also?

Ramos keeps gripping him as he breaks his own fall knowing that Salah can't brace himself for impact on the ground. Ramos' action ensures Salah lands on his shoulder. He knew exactly what he was doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

looks to me that salah is leaning into ramos and eventually pushes him over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

It's a clear foul on Ramos by Salah. It was unfortunate what happened but if you lean into a player like that, you can end up getting tangled like he did. It was his aggression that caused this, nothing else.

It's a clear foul on Ramos by Salah. It was unfortunate what happened but if you lean into a player like that, you can end up getting tangled like he did. It was his aggression that caused this, nothing else.
    LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

It looks 50/50 at the start, but Ramos kept a hold of Salah longer than necessary. Ramos' movement looks unnatural. A player falling would put their hand out to save themselves, as Salah tried to do.
    Ramos' is a filthy cynical player and operates with near impunity in La Liga and the CL.
    What gets me though, is that this isn't news to anyone and Klopp should've been warning his players of Ramos' and Madrid's tactics before hand. He should've put the ref under pressure in press conferences pre match, should've had his players chasing the ref, crying in his ear, questioning every decision.
    It's not a tactic any decent football fan wants to see, but when dealing with Real, you've no choice if you want to succeed.
    Salahs departure had a greater impact than it should have had. A huge blow no doubt,but that's when the manager gee's up his players, makes sure they keep focus, come out fighting. Klopp seemed to retreat into his shell in the 10-15 minutes after Salahs injury- when his team most needed him.
    I'm a United fan, so I'm not crying any tears for ye, but I felt your manager let the team down more than the keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You don't see when Ramos begins to hit the deck that he goes out of his way to continue to keep a grip on Salah's arm even though he knows Salah is about to hit the deck also?

Ramos keeps gripping him as he breaks his own fall knowing that Salah can't brace himself for impact on the ground. Ramos' action ensures Salah lands on his shoulder. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I think Salah accidentally trips over Ramos before that point and is off balance. Being off balance leads to the rest of it whether Ramos even lets go of him.

I think microanalysis of it further is impossible. If he wanted to injure someone, Ramos has no qualms over just outright kicking someone up into the air, he's not subtle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It will be interesting to hear what Mo has to say about the incident when he finally speaks about it.

I know for sure if I thought someone injured me deliberately and put me out of a cl final and a world cup, I'd be speaking out about it and calling the culprit out.

I don't wish injury on any player including Sergio Ramos, but I hope he has a horrible World Cup in the purest footballing sense. A nutmeg job like Suarez on David Luiz would do nicely........

Wishing people ill like that is the sign of a damaged mind.

Wishing people ill like that is the sign of a damaged mind.

Don't be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

It's you that is being ridiculous. Wishing ill on someone like that is morally wrong and you should question why your mind is filled with such spite.

It's you that is being ridiculous. Wishing ill on someone like that is morally wrong and you should question why your mind is filled with such spite.

Yes Father..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

The most scumbag act of the night was from the Liverpool players, particularly Henderson for not consoling Karius at the end.

Yep, interesting stuff. Credit to the Real players who went over to him. That's a sign of genuine class. Bale spent a good bit of time with him. Very decent of him given the MOTM performance that he put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If you've ever lost a final before, in any level, the immediate feeling when you lose is to be devastated.

• Advertisement

People can have all kinds of opinions, it doesn't bother me.
    The Camera doesn't lie. If you don't see it perhaps you need to visit specsavers.

Well that is not true. Anytime anyone has suggested that it isn't as cynical as you have made it out to be, you are straight in to "correct" them and. Hardly freedom of opinion!

Yes Father..............

Resorting to mocking when someone calls you out on your reprehensible behavior doesn't make you any better.

Well that is not true. Anytime anyone has suggested that it isn't as cynical as you have made it out to be, you are straight in to "correct" them and. Hardly freedom of opinion!

Is he actually stopping anyone from posting? No. I think you might be on "the wind-up" here. I don't like it one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Berserker wrote: »
    Yep, interesting stuff. Credit to the Real players who went over to him. That's a sign of genuine class. Bale spent a good bit of time with him. Very decent of him given the MOTM performance that he put in.

At the time those Madrid players were talking to Karius, Henderson and several others were on the floor balling their eyes out themselves!

Resorting to mocking when someone calls you out on your reprehensible behavior doesn't make you any better.

Maybe the nutmeg itself is still a sore point with you.

Christ.............

Yeah, proper scumbag. Henderson was pretty distraught himself and he has came out defending the keeper today.

liverpools-jordan-henderson-comforts-goalkeeper-loris-karius-after-picture-id962791936

• Advertisement

Maybe the nutmeg itself is still a sore point with you.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at here? I just think wishing ill on someone is a horrible thing to think and that the persons mind may be poisoned.

Is he actually stopping anyone from posting? No. I think you might be on "the wind-up" here. I don't like it one bit.

sh*t. I should have thought about your feelings before that post. x

sh*t.

What? Are you abusing me?

What? Are you abusing me?

I'm not playing this game. Go hither

I'm not playing this game. Go hither

I will not go anywhere. Why should I? I am trying to engage with you but you are just an abusive person who resorts to name calling at the drop of a hat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement