Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

You two should stop loafing around and make up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You two should stop loafing around and make up

There has been a batch of arguments in this thread .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I wasn't arguing........... I barely engaged

Any more bread jokes and we are toast

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wasn't arguing........... I barely engaged

When you get the joke you will say dough .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Any more bread jokes and we are toast

Ah, I see what you did there now ;)

Ah, I see what you did there now ;)

about time,it was getting stale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought we got the Best of Both tbf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I thought before the game Liverpool would have enough to take the game to Real and for 20 minutes or so it looked like they would but not scoring in the opening stages of the game hurt them. Obviously as soon as they lost Salah a large part of their threat went.

What could have happened had Salah stayed on, we'll never know.

Real's experience took over and I never felt they were in trouble, even at 1-1 it felt like they had a gear or two in reserve.

Karius has possibly the worst performance in a champions league final ever. I feel sorry for the lad a bit because that performance will hang over him for the rest of his days.

That Bale goal, my God. I genuinely couldn't believe what I had just seen. Fair play to him he took center stage once he was given the opportunity. When he's fit he's class.

The main thing I've taken form the end to the season is the English sides are still a little bit behind their spanish counterparts. The English sides are improving but work to do to truly get back to the top table of world football.

Well done Madrid. 13 titles, it'll be decades before any other club is close to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Real Madrid have a metal about them that even when they don't play well they win. They did deserve to be champions as they played much harder matchs to get to the final. They rode thier luck against Munich but Liverpoosl 2 wins against City was a very flattering result. City out played them home and away but still lost the tie. And every other round Liverpool had relatively easy opposition ( Roma and Porto). Even thier initial group was easy. I don't expect them to do anything like this again next year unless they continue to get lucky tie draws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

ittakestwo wrote: »
    Real Madrid have a metal about them that even when they don't play well they win. They did deserve to be champions as they played much harder matchs to get to the final. They rode thier luck against Munich but Liverpoosl 2 wins against City was a very flattering result. City out played them home and away but still lost the tie. And every other round Liverpool had relatively easy opposition ( Roma and Porto). Even thier initial group was easy. I don't expect them to do anything like this again next year unless they continue to get lucky tie draws.

I was still feeling down this morning after it but this gave me a right chuckle. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bayern will be the team that will be kicking themselves the most this morning.

They would have won on Saturday night with ease had they just decided to take a extra chance v Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Bayern will be the team that will be kicking themselves the most this morning.

They would have won on Saturday night with ease had they just decided to take a extra chance v Madrid

Bayern have been the hard luck team of the last two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Amazing run by Liverpool but unfortunately feel at the final hurdle,
    The game started well and then with the Salah injury and Karius melt down Madrid deserved it
    Ramos is a cute whore, but I'm sure he didn't mean to injure Salah ,he just wanted to rough him up a bit, it happens .
    Bale goal deserved to be a winning goal it was sheer brilliance,
    Liverpool should be proud, the start the season as no hopers and nearly went all the way, It will only do them good in future ,
     Klopp is building a great team and squad,Only a few players away from being a top class side,
    Anyway very exciting season pity about the result but that's football.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The game started well and then with the Salah injury and Karius melt down Madrid deserved it
    Ramos is a cute whore, but I'm sure he didn't mean to injure Salah ,he just wanted to rough him up a bit, it happens .
    Liverpool should be proud, the start the season as no hopers and nearly went all the way, It will only do them good in future ,
     Klopp is building a great team and squad,Only a few players away from being a top class side,

Isn’t that always the way :pac:

Isn’t that always the way :pac:
    It's happened before alright and then we have lost the players that made us good,
    Rafa, lost Xabi and Macsh,
    Rodgers lost Luis
    So its vital we keep the top3 together for a season or two,
    Exciting times none the less, we just went from Champions league Qualifiers to the Final in one season ,
    Just a shame they couldn't get over the line,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ittakestwo wrote: »

A+, would read again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It's happened before alright and then we have lost the players that made us good,
    Rafa, lost Xabi and Macsh,
    Rodgers lost Luis
    So its vital we keep the top3 together for a season or two,
    Exciting times none the less, we just went from Champions league Qualifiers to the Final in one season ,
    Just a shame they couldn't get over the line,

I don’t just mean for Liverpool. I’d be thinking United are only 3 or 4 good signings away from challenging on all fronts... until next season when they are another 3 or 4 players short in different positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

The most scumbag act of the night was from the Liverpool players, particularly Henderson for not consoling Karius at the end.

FAKE NEWS.

I find it bizarre how much people are trying to make of no Liverpool players going up to Karius straight away,
    If you watch it there are many Liverpool players crying on the ground by themselves ,
    They all lost not just Karius it isn't Karius FC.,
    Trent , Dejan , Miner all alone on the ground in tears ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    A+, would read again

We must have been watching different matches if you don't think they were out played in both.... possibly it would be easier for a neutral to see this rather than a Liverpool supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Had anyone ever seen a goal like the first one, at any level, ever? I've been watching football for about 40 years and I don't recall ever seeing anything like it.

The 3rd goal happens every so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

ozzy jr wrote: »

The 3rd goal happens every so often.

He came close to conceding an identical one in the semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Karius mistakes aside it’s surprising that more attention isn’t being paid to just how poor Liverpool were without Salah. Just like Suarez singlehandedly kept Liverpool punching above their weight Salah has ensured that Liverpool have overachieved this season.

Even Klopp admitted that Liverpool had luck on their side for this Champions League campaign (the Man City tie springs to mind) and that luck wasn’t there for them in the final, Real Madrid were deserved winners.

Liverpool have improved their squad with a top Centre Back and striker but still needed the last day of the season to ensure they scraped into the group stages for the Champions League next year. Klopp is still trophyless and City, United and Spurs have all upped their game around them. It will be interesting to see if they manage to step up next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

quarryman wrote: »
    Karius mistakes aside it’s surprising that more attention isn’t being paid to just how poor Liverpool were without Salah. Just like Suarez singlehandedly kept Liverpool punching above their weight Salah has ensured that Liverpool have overachieved this season.

Even Klopp admitted that Liverpool had luck on their side for this Champions League campaign (the Man City tie springs to mind) and that luck wasn’t there for them in the final, Real Madrid were deserved winners.

Liverpool have improved their squad with a top Centre Back and striker but still needed the last day of the season to ensure they scraped into the group stages for the Champions League next year. Klopp is still trophyless and City, United and Spurs have all upped their game around them. It will be interesting to see if they manage to step up next season.

Ahh here you cant be talking sense in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

quarryman wrote: »
    Karius mistakes aside it’s surprising that more attention isn’t being paid to just how poor Liverpool were without Salah.

Nobody really mentions it because it wasn't surprising to anybody, the total lack of a plan B has been a criticism of Liverpool the entire time Klopp has been there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement