Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

NIMAN wrote: »
    You can't be.

But you do know the match is in 3 days? You obviously wouldn't have the time to post them, so I'd say you have a limited market for them, as no-one will be able to organise to get to Kiev for Saturday evening starting from now.

That's exactly it, it would likely have to be somebody who has intentions of going over to Kiev already without tickets or someone who is willing to pay an arm and a leg to get over there. I better get on this quickly, it's a total disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I would agree the premier league is much tougher, but Spanish teams are far superior to English. The likes of Socieadad, Bilboa, Vigo, would batter your Huddersfield, Swansea, Palace ect. Spains elite dominate the champions league last 10 years, and Spain's also rans dominated the Europa league.

I would agree the premier league is much tougher, but Spanish teams are far superior to English. The likes of Socieadad, Bilboa, Vigo, would batter your Huddersfield, Swansea, Palace ect. Spains elite dominate the champions league last 10 years, and Spain's also rans dominated the Europa league.

English teams are getting stronger again in Europe. I can see that trend continuing tbh.

That's exactly it, it would likely have to be somebody who has intentions of going over to Kiev already without tickets or someone who is willing to pay an arm and a leg to get over there. I better get on this quickly, it's a total disaster.

There's bigger disasters than landing two tickets to the final :rolleyes:

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    There's bigger disasters than landing two tickets to the final :rolleyes:

That's very true, they're Category 2 as well! It's just a case of figuring out how to get over to Kiev or offloading them to someone who isn't going to sell them on the black market :pac:

That's very true, they're Category 2 as well! It's just a case of figuring out how to get over to Kiev or offloading them to someone who isn't going to sell them on the black market :pac:

Irish Kop is a good site with genuine fans.

If you can make it just go. (I'm assuming you are a Liverpool fan). You never know when the next final will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would call getting 2 tickets to the final and not being able to get there as a major disaster!!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Irish Kop is a good site with genuine fans.

If you can make it just go. (I'm assuming you are a Liverpool fan). You never know when the next final will be.

I'm trying everything in my power (huge Liverpool fan), though it's such short notice. I've tried gaining access to Irish Kop and I know that I could get help there. I joined three days ago, but for some reason I haven't been granted permission to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm trying everything in my power (huge Liverpool fan), though it's such short notice. I've tried gaining access to Irish Kop and I know that I could get help there. I joined three days ago, but for some reason I haven't been granted permission to post.

Give Dub13 (I think) a PM on here, if I have the right poster Irishkop is his site I believe.

I would call getting 2 tickets to the final and not being able to get there as a major disaster!!

I feel awful, I'd do anything to get over there but it's incredibly expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I feel awful, I'd do anything to get over there but it's incredibly expensive

just sent you a pm there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

What are you smoking?

Have you watched the quality of games a Palace V Brighton produce compared to a Levante V Sociedad for example?

Id take a wager and say no, you very rarely watch Spanish Football.

I've been to many a malaga game. Watch a lot of Spanish footbal so know the quality very well so you'd lose that wager.
    There's two ways of looking at the quality.

Lower end v lower end teams or lower end teams v higher end teams.
    Lower v lower yes la liga probably is slightly better value to watch but lower v higher Prem is better as the lower teams love to put it up to the higher end and mor chance of an upset versus the lower end teams in la liga who regularly get battered 5-0 by the likes of barca or Madrid.

Palace v Brighton could be considered as captilating as Malaga v Levante.
    Over the last few years have played many a 0-0. Not a problem next season as Malaga have been relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ste- wrote: »
    What are you smoking?

Have you watched the quality of games a Palace V Brighton produce compared to a Levante V Sociedad for example?

Id take a wager and say no, you very rarely watch Spanish Football.

I've been to many a malaga game. Watch a lot of Spanish footbal so know the quality very well so you'd lose that wager.
    There's two ways of looking at the quality.

Lower end v lower end teams or lower end teams v higher end teams.
    Lower v lower yes la liga probably is slightly better value to watch but lower v higher Prem is better as the lower teams love to put it up to the higher end and mor chance of an upset versus the lower end teams in la liga who regularly get battered 5-0 by the likes of barca or Madrid.

Palace v Brighton could be considered as captilating as Malaga v Levante.
    Over the last few years have played many a 0-0. Not a problem next season as Malaga have been relegated.
    All you have to do is Look at the quality of players ,at these clubs Prem lower teams have far more quality ,
    You mentioned Palace, Zaha- Sakho - Loftus-cheek even Benteke would walk into any of the lower Spanish sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

A lot of young/inexperienced lads in the Liverpool squad. I hope the nerves don't get to them too much. I imagine this weeks buildup could have felt incredibly long with not a lot else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Id say away matches at the Ethihad and Olympic Stadium in Rome will have helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Woop in Liverpool now for the build up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's fair to say that Kiev will not be hosting a Champions League final again for years to come or probably ever.

Big country with small infrastructure.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-44241955

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It's fair to say that Kiev will not be hosting a Champions League final again for years to come or probably ever.

That will not stop UEFA

The cl final should be in the same 7 or 8 stadiums, all the ones that's are big enough and in countries easy to get to.

Old Trafford, nou camp, Bernabeu, San siro, Wembley, Allianz arena, etc

You get the idea. Bollix to stadia of 50000, keep it to the Big ones, get as many fans in as you can. I'd say 70000+ is a minimum requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Enters thread ............. bottom half prem better than bottom 15 or so in la liga................

leaves thread

The cl final should be in the same 7 or 8 stadiums, all the ones that's are big enough and in countries easy to get to.

Old Trafford, nou camp, Bernabeu, San siro, Wembley, Allianz arena, etc

You get the idea. Bollix to stadia of 50000, keep it to the Big ones, get as many fans in as you can. I'd say 70000+ is a minimum requirement.

Old Trafford? It's nowhere near the biggest stadiums in Europe.. It's also in a ****hole of a city.

The cl final should be in the same 7 or 8 stadiums,  all the ones that's are big enough and in countries easy to get to.

Old Trafford, nou camp, Bernabeu,  San siro,  Wembley,  Allianz arena, etc

I'd have to agree with the this, Its the biggest night in European football it should be in a stadium to match the occasion ,
    Also id ban any stadiums with running tracks they are awful for atmosphere,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd have to agree with the this, Its the biggest night in European football it should be in a stadium to match the occasion ,
    Also id ban any stadiums with running tracks they are awful for atmosphere,

This! Horrible horrible stadiums for football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Old Trafford? It's nowhere near the biggest stadiums in Europe.. It's also in a ****hole of a city.

2nd biggest in Britain and is the 9th biggest football stadium in Europe. Bizarre level of bitterness some people have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

He said 70k + should be the minimum and Old Trafford is 75k (with talk of going bigger)

It's the 11th biggest stadium in Europe if you count non football grounds. 8th or 9th if you don't.

Also Manchester is grand, sure it's not London or New York. Maybe you had a bad experience there but the city itself is no worse than many others and certainly good enough to host a champions league final.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    2nd biggest in Britain and is the 9th biggest football stadium in Europe. Bizarre level of bitterness some people have.

I have zero bitterness. I don't support or have preference for any English team. Just thought it was funny to see old Trafford top of his list when there is many bigger stadiums in bigger city's with better infrastructure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

In fairness Manchester is well used to hosting big games of 70+k people,and if the airports can't handle it there are quite a few within a few hours to cover, it would be fine .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Slightly off topic, next 2 finals are in Madrid and Istanbul repectively. Both quite a bit easier to reach.

Can't wait until UEFA move the final to New York every second year.

Yeah running tracks are **** for fans.

Too far away from the action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I have zero bitterness. I don't support or have preference for any English team. Just thought it was funny to see old Trafford top of his list when there is many bigger stadiums in bigger city's with better infrastructure.

There literally aren't though... it's in the 10 biggest, and surely you want a shortlist of at least 10 if it's to be kept to them.

As far as infrastructure goes - massive issue, and just as important as size of stadium. Should be several ways into the area so one route doesn't hit maximum and bottleneck up the whole thing. Manchester would still actually be great, with their own major airport, and John Lennon only down the road too. Plus very easy to get into London and get a train up or rent a car and drive.

Fans shouldn't be made to go through the nonsense they're having to put up with for the showpiece event in club football. Just cycle through 15 or so major European stadiums with easy access points and 100,000 hotel rooms within an hours drive/train journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Interesting to see Mo Salah is adhering to Ramadan fast,will only be able to eat 30 mins before kick off on Saturday.....hardly ideal prep for a game.

OT is a perfectly good stadium for a CL final.

Interesting to see Mo Salah is adhering to Ramadan fast,will only be able to eat 30 mins before kick off on Saturday.....hardly ideal prep for a game.

Maureen is cooking a fry for him. He'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Can we please stop talking about Manchester as if its relevant to this final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Watching opposition fans absolutely ****ting themselves Liverpool are gonna win the European Cup AGAIN is like heroin to me...more more more. Keep it coming. We love it.

Looks like the final on Saturday is a foregone conclusion anyway, the Madrid players are doped to the eyeballs !!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/ewan-mackenna-there-are-murky-questions-surrounding-spanish-footballs-golden-era-and-people-might-not-like-the-answers-36943284.html

A very interesting piece, although plenty of it has been reported before. But then again, does he think Spanish clubs would be the only ones doping? If there is doping in soccer, and I have no doubt its rife, then I would believe its happening in every country. Ever see the miles James Milner is covering?

Looks like the final on Saturday is a foregone conclusion anyway, the Madrid players are doped to the eyeballs !!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/ewan-mackenna-there-are-murky-questions-surrounding-spanish-footballs-golden-era-and-people-might-not-like-the-answers-36943284.html

A very interesting piece, although plenty of it has been reported before. But then again, does he think Spanish clubs would be the only ones doping? If there is doping in soccer, and I have no doubt its rife, then I would believe its happening in every country. Ever see the miles James Milner is covering?

All down to a good post game stretch and a cold glass of Ribena! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Fromvert wrote: »
    All down to a good post game stretch and a cold glass of Ribena! ;)

And of course a good nights sleep after a nice healthy salad:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Madrid also returned 1000 tickets.
    You can bet the "friends of UEFA" had no problems getting to Kiev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liverpool fans attacked in a restaurant in Kiev this evening by masked local Ultras.

Around the ground has previously been quite bad for trouble too. Stay safe anyone going to the game.

Madrid also returned 1000 tickets.
    You can bet the "friends of UEFA" had no problems getting to Kiev.

Was it not 2000 returned?

The anticipation for this has me absolutely void of sleep.

Monday night I lay for an hour thinking how i'd react when Ronaldo scores. This morning I found myself walking my dogs at half 5 and my reasoning was if i get up early now I'll get to bed early and then it'll be tomorrow.

Its been 3 weeks of 'oh my god we might win this' followed instantly by 'relax now and stay calm what if they don't show up or Madrid are brilliant'. Then there's last night I rewatched the Salah documentary and thought this has to be our year for him. Surely a good guy like that gets rewarded.............. ah but thats not how sport works, what if he has a mental moment and gets sent off. Christ above.

I know as a football fan we want our teams in these games but jesus the stress of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Iang87 wrote: »

I know as a football fan we want our teams in these games but jesus the stress of it.

I was stressed for Roma, stressed for City, stressed for Spartak Moscow in the last group game when we could have gone out, stressed for Hoffenheim in the playoffs

I feel nothing but calm for this game. Excitement, but calm excitement. I'm not nervous at all. I wanted to draw Roma in the semi so we had the best chance of getting here. Real would have gone through against us over 2 legs I'd fancy.

But in a one-off game? We can do it. And there's no other distractions, no more league games or trying to qualify for next season, or worry about rotation or injuries. It's a shot to nothing. We either win or lose by putting it all on the line against the best club this competition has seen historically, and the best team the competition has had in recent years. That's exciting.

8-10 wrote: »
    I was stressed for Roma, stressed for City, stressed for Spartak Moscow in the last group game when we could have gone out, stressed for Hoffenheim in the playoffs

I feel nothing but calm for this game. Excitement, but calm excitement. I'm not nervous at all. I wanted to draw Roma in the semi so we had the best chance of getting here. Real would have gone through against us over 2 legs I'd fancy.

But in a one-off game? We can do it. And there's no other distractions, no more league games or trying to qualify for next season, or worry about rotation or injuries. It's a shot to nothing. We either win or lose by putting it all on the line against the best club this competition has seen historically, and the best team the competition has had in recent years. That's exciting.

Its incredibly exciting but I think its one of those where I just want it so much i'm ruining it for myself.

I think if we do the bolded section we win to be honest

Below from the Echo on Salah .
    Liverpoool Nutritionist

We were in Marbella and the nutritionist established a work plan," he said. "Tomorrow and the day of the match he won't, so it's not going to affect him."

I’ve just seen a notice on my telly that the final is being shown in 4K. I’m already expecting the game to be quality but that just gave it an extra little bump :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Could anyone tell me where I could watch a re-run of the game when it’s over? I won’t get to see it live due to time difference and would love to be able to watch it later without knowing the result. I can’t record it and it’ll be impossible to try watch online without seeing the result beforehand :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I can't see any other outcome then a Liverpool win.Real will try to go toe to toe with Liverpools attack,but come out on the wrong side of it. A very large majority of sides in Europe seem to know, it's very easy to nullify them,but no one does respect Liverpool enough to deploy these tactics.

I'm going for a comfortable 3-1 to Liverpool. Salah,Firmino and gini to score.Ronaldo to grab a consolation late on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement