Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Cake Man wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me where I could watch a re-run of the game when it’s over? I won’t get to see it live due to time difference and would love to be able to watch it later without knowing the result. I can’t record it and it’ll be impossible to try watch online without seeing the result beforehand :(

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com

Found them to be very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

7-0 Real. Ronaldo will be flexing in Salah's face at full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

7-0 Real. Ronaldo will be flexing in Salah's face at full time.

You're over baked now.....

Bret Hart wrote: »
    I can't see any other outcome then a Liverpool win.Real will try to go toe to toe with Liverpools attack,but come out on the wrong side of it. A very large majority of sides in Europe seem to know, it's very easy to nullify them,but no one does respect Liverpool enough to deploy these tactics.

I'm going for a comfortable 3-1 to Liverpool. Salah,Firmino and gini to score.Ronaldo to grab a consolation late on.

Madrid going for their 4th win in 5 years! Easy money for you if you think Liverpool will stroll it...

I dont they'll be giving up their trophy easily.Madrid are worthy favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

It's going to be a day of hat tricks.Real with there 3rd CL win in a row ,Liverpool with there 3rd final loss in a row and big Ron with a hat trick to seal the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Either 3-1 or 4-1 to Liverpool, they're gonna make it look easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's going to be a day of hat tricks.Real with there 3rd CL win in a row ,Liverpool with there 3rd final loss in a row and big Ron with a hat trick to seal the deal.

Arsenal will probably have a hat trick of CL titles before you get over the quarter final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I hope Liverpool do it. I fear for Alexander-Arnold at the back post with Ronaldo. I also hope mane and salah haven't been taking the whole Ramadan thing too seriously. They will not only have to win but also beat the referee as well. Anyways come on Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Arsenal will probably have a hat trick of CL titles before you get over the quarter final.
    I presume that's directed at me.Why would I be in a quarter final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Get over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I hope Liverpool do it. I fear for Alexander-Arnold at the back post with Ronaldo. I also hope mane and salah haven't been taking the whole Ramadan thing too seriously. They will not only have to win but also beat the referee as well. Anyways come on Liverpool!

I'm glad they're seemingly being flexible with their beliefs anyway. Could honestly give less of a fcuk about Religion and what people believe as long as it's not being detrimental to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I'm glad they're seemingly being flexible with their beliefs anyway. Could honestly give less of a fcuk about Religion and what people believe as long as it's not being detrimental to other people.

Yeah me neither but I just hoped that they've been eating. I just saw on the pool thread that they have so that's a relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Liverpool will win this 3-2.

For the last couple of weeks I have been thinking about how this game will go. Real will look to start on the front foot as will Liverpool. I feel Marcelo will get too high up the field which will allow Salah way too much space for a one on one with Ramos. Ramos is not disciplined enough not to do stupid things. This means there may be a peno or a red card in the first half. Salah will get a couple of early chances and Real will panic about that. They will look to nulify him by perhaps getting Caesmiro to man mark him, but I think Mo will have too much for them. I do think Ronaldo will score. Trent will put on a good show but I cant see him holding him out for the full game. Especially if Marcelo adds an overlap. I think most of the game will be won or lost on that side of the pitch.

I love the Ronaldo fan boys in here btw lol. Get over it lads he aint coming back to Manchester. He couldnt wait to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mr.H wrote: »

I love the Ronaldo fan boys in here btw lol. Get over it lads he aint coming back to Manchester. He couldnt wait to leave.

Who said anything about him coming back to Manchester? He’s a legend and allways will be unlike some of yer lot and what they done after they left

Viva Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

****ting myself. Going to be a lot of goals and I am terrified Lovern or someone else will go full Lollerpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Unlike Suarez? Or Coutinho? Or Sterling? At least United fans appreciate ex-players and still respect them after they leave.

Coutinho was apparently the best player in the PL before he left-now he is used as a joke meme for leaving mid-season despite at this moment won two more cups than Liverpool.

And Ronaldo left having won everything there is to win for United. For all Salah's brilliance, he might have his head turned eventually as well if he keeps up his form and Liverpool don't win trophies.

We'll see how beloved he is of the fans then if that should happed

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who said anything about him coming back to Manchester? He’s a legend and allways will be unlike some of yer lot and what they done after they left

Viva Ronaldo

Please! United fans seem to think that they are in the final just because Ronaldo is.

"unlike some of yer lot and what they done after they left"? You mean like Coutinho winning the La Liga? Suarez winning 1 Champions league and 3 la ligas in his 4 years at Barca? I wont even pretend to care enough to name out all the players who have been brilliant for us and gone on to have more success elsewhere. Mostly because they left! They wanted to leave. Like Ronaldo, they didnt care enough to stay.
    Unlike Suarez? Or Coutinho? Or Sterling? At least United fans appreciate ex-players and still respect them after they leave.

Coutinho was apparently the best player in the PL before he left-now he is used as a joke meme for leaving mid-season despite at this moment won two more cups than Liverpool.

And Ronaldo left having won everything there is to win for United. For all Salah's brilliance, he might have his head turned eventually as well if he keeps up his form and Liverpool don't win trophies.

We'll see how beloved he is of the fans then if that should happed

haha respect? More like hope that he one day returns. Every transfer window you have United fans pinning for Ronaldo to come home and save them.

For the record I have said on here ALOT that Coutinho hasnt been our best player in the last two years let alone the best player in the league. He was however a brilliant player for us.

As for Salah maybe one day leaving, its true. Maybe one day he might leave. But I am living in the now. We are in the Champions league final TODAY and Salah will be playing in red. Unlike Roanldo!

The Utd/fake Ronaldo link is desperate at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

MrMac84 wrote: »

Viva Ronaldo

I really didn't want to get into the whole Utd vs Pool thing, but the above comment is ridiculous.

Alonso, Macherano, Torres, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho are the big name players to leave over the past 10 years or so. They've all won multiple leagues or champions leagues (or both).

Dont know if this was posted but just in case. I cant ****ing wait. In less than 6 hours we will have the teams :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Looking forward to it.

All my pool mates are gone to it - or away for weekend or working.

Strange day - don't know what to do. I know If I went to any pub on Northside or town would be class.

In 2005 was in the Big 3 where a Beach BBQ was on. Epic day.

Hopefully the rest has done them good - they needed it.

If I'm talking with Head - I don't think we have enough in middle and at back to win this.

Ox's loss - something in background that is massive. He has been class in big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Anyway, back to the actual game which, I understand, will be the normal 11 a side.

Like all neutrals I’m hoping for and expecting a goal fest but I think after the initial Helter skelter excitement it will be a comfortable win for Madrid.

Liverpool are pinning their hopes on a dynamic front three who are capable of shooting the lights out and that Madrid have a bad defence. The problem with this is that Salah has only recently been elevated to the status of God and it remains to be seen if he can live up to it under the scrutiny of every football fan and critic in the World. There is no doubt that Ronaldo and his teammates will relish the pressure. Regarding defence, the focus is mainly on Marcelo who mightn’t be a great defender but Is certainly a great player. Can you say that about Liverpool’s defenders?

All in all I think Liverpool did great to reach the final but this is a bridge too far. Madrid 5-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Anyway, back to the actual game which, I understand, will be the normal 11 a side.

Like all neutrals I’m hoping for and expecting a goal fest but I think after the initial Helter skelter excitement it will be a comfortable win for Madrid.

Liverpool are pinning their hopes on a dynamic front three who are capable of shooting the lights out and that Madrid have a bad defence. The problem with this is that Salah has only recently been elevated to the status of God and it remains to be seen if he can live up to it under the scrutiny of every football fan and critic in the World. There is no doubt that Ronaldo and his teammates will relish the pressure. Regarding defence, the focus is mainly on Marcelo who mightn’t be a great defender but Is certainly a great player. Can you say that about Liverpool’s defenders?

All in all I think Liverpool did great to reach the final but this is a bridge too far. Madrid 5-2.

A a pool fan can't fault that.

Klopp was right to downplay it - but the talk of Salah in the same context as Ronaldo in some circles - is hilarious nonsense

Liverpool press fast and high from the off - How Real cope with this will be interesting - do they face it too often in their own league ? You could make an argument that Liverpool success in this competition is that their style and energy is a fairly unusual style to play against.

If Pool get a goal in this initial 20 mins - who knows. They are a team that can cause absolute havoc for even the best teams in europe. Real genuinely look like a team at the back that Liverpool will fancy.

But sadly it is worse for Pool in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hopefully it will be an exciting game.

If Liverpool lose then Klopps poor record in finals continues but what he has achieved with this Liverpool team will still have been considered an excellent season. Fair enough Salah has been accountable for a significant portion of that success but Klopp has enabled him to flourish.

Madrid on the otherhand, if they lose I think that's Zidane definitely done and dusted. I think Madrids experience in finals will be a big advantage. I think if they are to win they will need to score 2 or more as i cannot see that Real defence stopping Salah for 90 mins.

I think whoever scores first will go on to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think this game will be decided in the first 20 minutes, if Liverpool can unsettle Madrid and get an early goal I think they will win, other than you have to think Madrid will pick them off.

Should be a good spectacle anyway

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I've read so much negative stuff about Marcelo recently it's baffling. For anyone who watches them regularly he's not even all that suspect a defender. He is a phenomenal footballer though and probably been the best player in the world in his position for a few years now.

The equilibrium of liability to danger man is so far towards the latter. He should be feared far more than getting excited about exploiting him.

Madrid are an amazing team. They are what? in their 5th final in 4 years and are looking for the 3rd win in a row. They have world class legit talent all over the pitch. Even forgetting Ronaldo who can win a game by himself, you have Bale Benzema Kross Asensio Modric who are all big game players and would be star players for most teams. Even in Defence they have Ramos and Varane. Their full back options might be a risk at the back but those wing backs add to their attack. They are experienced and know how to win. They have all done this before and will be confident of doing it again.

Liverpool rely heavily on their pace up front. When teams sit back, Liverpool find it hard to break them down. They do have players that can get through defenders and have a lot of composure when there is panic around them. Just look at Salah when he takes his time in the box. Very few players can actually relax when the ball is bouncing around and everyone is screaming "****ing shoot!!!!". But we also have Firmino who chases everything. He has been amazing this season and deserves a lot of credit for helping Salah settle in. At the back Liverpool have struggled but since VVD came in they have actually been really good. They have been solid when needed and even looking at the away leg against City they looked like an organised defense which is something you could rarely say about Liverpool.

Tonight Real know how to win. They will think they will win. But Liverpool want this. They have not experienced it and will fight for it. All they need is just one game where they just put in that extra 10%. They have had two weeks of prep for this game and its all for tonight. I believe we will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

5-1 to madrid, CR7 with 4 of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Not even a Liverpool fan but I am buzzing for this! Can't get that stupid alez song out of my head all day. 3-2 to either team is my prediction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

As a united fan I like to see Ronaldo do well. Hoping a former great beats a current rival shouldn't be all that odd, I'm sure most people fall into the category.

Saying that I have enjoyed the highlight real that are Liverpool front 3, wouldn't begrudge them a winners medal.

Can't see either team chasing a game particularly well... So whoever goes one up will win by a few imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MurDawg wrote: »
    As a united fan I like to see Ronaldo do well. Hoping a former great beats a current rival shouldn't be all that odd, I'm sure most people fall into the category.

Saying that I have enjoyed the highlight real that are Liverpool front 3, wouldn't begrudge them a winners medal.

Can't see either team chasing a game particularly well... So whoever goes one up will win by a few imo

It's like having united v Barca in the final, all of us Liverpool fans will be praying for Suarez to take a chunk out of your defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Madrid are an amazing team. They are what? in their 5th final in 4 years and are looking for the 3rd win in a row. They have world class legit talent all over the pitch. Even forgetting Ronaldo who can win a game by himself, you have Bale Benzema Kross Asensio Modric who are all big game players and would be star players for most teams. Even in Defence they have Ramos and Varane. Their full back options might be a risk at the back but those wing backs add to their attack. They are experienced and know how to win. They have all done this before and will be confident of doing it again.

Liverpool rely heavily on their pace up front. When teams sit back, Liverpool find it hard to break them down. They do have players that can get through defenders and have a lot of composure when there is panic around them. Just look at Salah when he takes his time in the box. Very few players can actually relax when the ball is bouncing around and everyone is screaming "****ing shoot!!!!". But we also have Firmino who chases everything. He has been amazing this season and deserves a lot of credit for helping Salah settle in. At the back Liverpool have struggled but since VVD came in they have actually been really good. They have been solid when needed and even looking at the away leg against City they looked like an organised defense which is something you could rarely say about Liverpool.

Tonight Real know how to win. They will think they will win. But Liverpool want this. They have not experienced it and will fight for it. All they need is just one game where they just put in that extra 10%. They have had two weeks of prep for this game and its all for tonight. I believe we will win.

Can't argue with that as a Liverpool fan. Sobering to read that litany of talent Real possess throughout the pitch.....but that's why I'm quite relaxed about tonight and haven't really felt nerves in the run up.

The team has pulled off an incredible feat getting this far and I'm very much looking forward to enjoying the spectacle tonight.

I'll probably be a bag of nerves once the whistle blows but we really do have nothing to fear tonight. There'll be no shame at falling at the final hurdle but hopefully desire can get the lads over the line.

Should be a magical night and one to savour. Bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

5-1 to madrid, CR7 with 4 of those

Talking to a couple of utd fans last night who kept going on about Ronaldo like he’s a utd player too ! He joined real in 2009 FFS.
    Talk about grasping for something to boast about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

cjmc wrote: »
    Talking to a couple of utd fans last night who kept going on about Ronaldo like he’s a utd player too ! He joined real in 2009 FFS.
    Talk about grasping for something to boast about!!

Clearly a bit of banter goin on, lighten up, your in the CL final.
    Its like someone posted above if it was a untied v barca game, liverpool lads would be saying the same about suarez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Harry Kane to score the winning goal for Madrid tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If you think about it, a win for Madrid is like Man United winning the CL because Ronaldo plays with Real but he used to play with United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Clearly a bit of banter goin on, lighten up, your in the CL final.
    Its like someone posted above if it was a untied v barca game, liverpool lads would be saying the same about suarez.

Have to agree there. As a Celtic fan I'd love to see Van Djik and young Robertson do well.

As a Liverpool fan I will say hand on heart I wouldnt give a **** if Barca were playing United. Sure I would want Barca to win but I wouldnt give a toss about the fact Coutinho and Suarez are there. Makes absolutely no odds to me. They are Barca players not Liverpool players.

The United fan obsession with CR7 is just embarrassing. Just take a look at Twitter and youll see the comments from United fans about Ronaldo. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Now I really, really want Ronaldo to score. Clearly the tears would be delicious.

Now I really, really want Ronaldo to score. Clearly the tears would be delicious.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Didn't care too much about Mascherano being in the Barca team vs Utd in 2011 final. Still wanted Man Utd to lose obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I can honestly say as a United fan I'd love it if Ronaldo destroyed loveren and vvd tonight and Madrid won by 3 goals or so but only for the fact that i have Ronaldo to score a hatrick and Madrid to win minus 3 other then that I'd be happy with any other Madrid player to score.

I do think pool have been fantastic this year they have had some excellent games but Madrid are seasoned warriors of this competition lately lets just hope they don't turn up thinking they have it won already.

magma69 wrote: »
    If you think about it, a win for Madrid is like Man United winning the CL because Ronaldo plays with Real but he used to play with United.

Nah we tend to leave the alternate reality stuff to Liverpool fans by and large.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Nah we tend to leave the alternate reality stuff to Liverpool fans by and large.

Meeowww!

:)

Red Cafe is obsessed with Liverpool as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Obsessed and pathetic.. the most common words used by Liverpool and United fans... about each other.

Jesus christ, you are meant to be adults. Just enjoy the day and ignore the baiting.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Meeowww!

:)

Hey have no shame about it, can't beat an old alternate table discussion, from the outside looking in of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Until Liverpool supporting internet users, specifically those with a RAWK login, learn to channel their support of the club through avenues other than poetry and exgirlfriend metaphors, we can't really criticise other fan forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

As a Liverpool fan I will say hand on heart I wouldnt give a **** if Barca were playing United. Sure I would want Barca to win but I wouldnt give a toss about the fact Coutinho and Suarez are there. Makes absolutely no odds to me. They are Barca players not Liverpool players.

The United fan obsession with CR7 is just embarrassing. Just take a look at Twitter and youll see the comments from United fans about Ronaldo. Ridiculous.

Im sure there would be the same idiot fans from if it was a difderent game but its not. Twitter doesnt translate to here so dont paint us all with the same brush

Anyway we're veering off topic

Wouldn't that leave you open to bekng so obsessed with united and what united fans are doing that even today you have been checking redcafe?

What's the place like anyway, is it as bad as they saw rawk is?

I dunno about obsession either way I mean there's big interest in the cl final every year regardless of the teams. I would assume most united supporters would want Liverpool to lose same as it would be the other way round? Bit much to liken that to an obsession

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement