Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Champions League Final - 26th May 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Should be a good game. Both deserve to be there in the final. Madrid had a harder route, but Liverpool put their opponents to the sword.

I think Madrid will win

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Possibly the most I've looked forward to a 'neutral' champions league final

Seems the pubs in Dublin are going to be rocking for this, rugby is teeing everything off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Nah we tend to leave the alternate reality stuff to Liverpool fans by and large.

Well the actual reality is that we are in the Champions League final ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

jesus lads, ive a knot in my stomach,awake since 7(even after 6 pints of guinness),the fridge is stocked,the family have politely f*cked off til tomorrow and i"ll open the good whiskey about 9.30. YNWA

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Until Liverpool supporting internet users, specifically those with a RAWK login, learn to channel their support of the club through avenues other than poetry and exgirlfriend metaphors, we can't really criticise other fan forums

How's your own online support channelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mr.H wrote: »
    Well the actual reality is that we are in the Champions League final ;)

Zing!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wouldn't that leave you open to bekng so obsessed with united and what united fans are doing that even today you have been checking redcafe?

What's the place like anyway, is it as bad as they saw rawk is?

I dunno about obsession either way I mean there's big interest in the cl final every year regardless of the teams. I would assume most united supporters would want Liverpool to lose same as it would be the other way round? Bit much to liken that to an obsession

Red Cafe is actually pretty okay, (the live feed for transfer tweets is why I tend to lurk there). Also it's amusing to see how some tie themselves in knots esp the whole 2nd place and FA Cup is better than 4th and CL final thing. Obviously as Utd lost that's no longer a matter for discussion! Blue Moon (Man City) on the other hand is a putrid puddle of hate for both Utd and Liverpool (and UEFA and the BBC/SKY/MEN/every other media outlet in the world). Makes RAWK look reasoned.

If Liverpool win tonight I might register on Blue Moon as Jimmy Has A Champions League Medal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    How's your own online support channelled?

Pretty much as per in real life. I tend to avoid the poetry or references to bedside photos of managers. You know, like a normal person...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Now I really, really want Ronaldo to score. Clearly the tears would be delicious.

Never mind score, I'm looking forward to the obscenities I'll be throwing at the TV everytime he pulls a face or throws himself on the ground. That'll be half the craic tonight.

• Advertisement

jesus lads, ive a knot in my stomach,awake since 7(even after 6 pints of guinness),the fridge is stocked,the family have politely f*cked off til tomorrow and i"ll open the good whiskey about 9.30. YNWA

Hopefully the lads can emulate your heroics in 2005 Djimi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Never mind score, I'm looking forward to the obscenities I'll be throwing at the TV everytime he pulls a face or throws himself on the ground. That'll be half the craic tonight.

Neutrals need to find heroes and villains, I'm not sure why some people are confused about such things. I'm not going to cheer for Liverpool, so I'll cheer for Ronaldo and laugh my bollocks off if he scores. Then ten minutes after the game I won't give a ****e.

Pretty much as per in real life. I tend to avoid the poetry or references to bedside photos of managers. You know, like a normal person...

Ok.... :confused:

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Ok.... :confused:

I'm sorry, I'm really not sure what you're getting at. My original point was in reference to the odd balls of rawk and the homoerotic poetry. Not a dig at the normal LFC fans on here. I'm an LFC fan myself

I'm sorry, I'm really not sure what you're getting at. My original point was in reference to the odd balls of rawk and the homoerotic poetry. Not a dig at the normal LFC fans on here. I'm an LFC fan myself

Me hand on heart saying this.....I always thought you were a Utd fan!

Me hand on heart saying this.....I always thought you were a Utd fan!

There's a fair few Liamos on this forum. I've been posting in the LFC thread for about 10 years, though never a very regular poster

• Advertisement

There's a fair few Liamos on this forum. I've been posting in the LFC thread for about 10 years, though never a very regular poster

Yea there are in fairness.

I wasn't actually sure what you were referring to, to be honest! Not a RAWK reader.

Anyway, enjoy the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Really looking forward to this one. I think we will do it, 3-1 to the pool. Lovren to get a goal.

On a side note, anyone miss the Wednesday night finals. Havent watched many Saturday night finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I do yeah I preferred them on the Wednesday actually

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Kolido wrote: »
    Lovren to get a goal.

Hopefully at the right end! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

magma69 wrote: »
    If you think about it, a win for Madrid is like Man United winning the CL because Ronaldo plays with Real but he used to play with United.

Like this lad

https://twitter.com/flexunitedstand/status/1000305706405449728

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yeah as a UTD fan its nice to see ex players do well but the only reason I'm cheering for Madrid and Ronaldo is cause they're playing Liverpool, wouldnt give a **** if Ronaldo or Madrid never won a thing again after tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

xtal191 wrote: »
    Yeah as a UTD fan its nice to see ex players do well but the only reason I'm cheering for Madrid and Ronaldo is cause they're playing Liverpool, wouldnt give a **** if Ronaldo or Madrid never won a thing again after tonight.

It is most definitely this! Having Ronaldo is a bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah whats this hoopla about obsession. If the shoe was on the other foot I would be 99% sure 96% of Liverpool fans would be wanting United to loose. Regardless if it was against Barca (with ex Pool players Coutinho/Suarez) or Atletico Madrid (with no ex-Pool players AFAIK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

As long as the best team on the night wins I don't mind.

Still have nightmares of Istanbul when Milan went three up through beauty and guile and Liverpool came back with jammyness and a penalty and fecking Vladamir Smicer and wondersave from Dudek. Darkest night as a Milan fan.

Think Madrid should have too much. When Kroos is bothered he's the best at game management in world football imo, he and Modric are vastly superior to what they're facing tonight so should control the central area.

4-1 again this year imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Cmon red men. Allez Allez Allez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody know what time the BT Sport's YouTube stream starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hope Madrid do the business but Liverpool's attacking threat can't be underestimated. Looking forward to how it turns out. Have a bad feeling Liverpool will edge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody know what time the BT Sport's YouTube stream starts?

Dunno about Youtube, I'd imagine it'll be on close to kick off, but the website one is live now.

https://sport.bt.com/free-champions-league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Thank god its not Ronnie Whelan or Ray Houghton in commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Kolido wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this one. I think we will do it, 3-1 to the pool. Lovren to get a goal.

I've heard/seen this a bit recently... Lovren to score. I've that feeling myself, well, him or VVD. 3-2 to the Pool hopefully, but could be the other way around just as easy.

No shame if Liverpool lose - I'll be philosophical about it (even in the face of the undoubted Utd fan onslaught), but I will only be disappointed if Liverpool don't show up and lose by 3 or 4. I want them to at least go down fighting.

Plenty of whiskey on board already, so I'm in good form :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

And just on the ronaldo thing, its his record for champions league goals vs apps thats insane, 120 goals vs 150 apps, hence why all the banter that Ronaldo will get the winner ect

Anyway lads good luck in the match, wouldnt begrudge ye if ye won it, but would fkin hate it as work would be unbearable.

Wanting a madrid win, but an english team in a CL final again is good to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really wish BT had a second screen where we could have James Richardson and the European Football Show pundits talking about the game.

Will it be BOOM or BOO!?

We know both teams style the only issue is who makes it count and whether an official fecks it up, being it through deception or just sheer ineptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Glico Man wrote: »
    Dunno about Youtube, I'd imagine it'll be on close to kick off, but the website one is live now.

https://sport.bt.com/free-champions-league

Apparently it is only UK only, not ROI :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Benzino wrote: »
    Apparently it is only UK only, not ROI :(

Its on RTE 2 also.

What the holy hell is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

some legs on her anyway

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Whats with this Americanised crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Love hearing the fans singing over this horseshít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Zidane's Madrid have not been great this season. Not great at all. They're vulnerable in many areas but they're also capable of playing very pragmatic. One big misconception about this Madrid is that they're attacking orientating. Since Zidane took charge, and arguably since Benitez took over, they've been more passive in their approach. In a way, it should help Liverpool but in another way it could hinder them. Madrid are capable of playing deep and waiting to hit Liverpool on a counter attack. Unlike City they're happy to wait for the opponents to make mistakes attacking them and pick teams off. Under Zidane, Madrid are OBSESSED with crosses. Their attempted crossed this seasons is ridiculous. Thing is I've not been convinced at all this season even since VDK joined that pool are strong at defending crosses.

Casermiro's been very poor this season. Kovacic's positional game is inconsistent. Firminho should be able to thrive in that environment. Sergio Ramos could actually end up playing a hybrid of defensive mid and centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I'm enjoying Dua Lipa even if others aren't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

They really know the target market I'll give them that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Homer Simpson:

Stop the madness

Start the movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Now for some football..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That look from Ronaldo to Salah was something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Come on Real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Wasnt nervous all day. Barely cost me a thought. Seeing them in the tunnel now im like a child on a horror train!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Goosebumbs all over me.
    Cant wait for it to start. Ronaldo to score and liverpool to win?!!!(hopefully)
    If real score first,i fear for liverpool though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement