Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name and account number don't match

Options
  • 03-05-2018 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

A friend was transferring me money but I realised they got some digits wrong in my account number. Is it possible for a transfer to go through if an account number and name don't match?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

aisb01 wrote: »
    A friend was transferring me money but I realised they got some digits wrong in my account number. Is it possible for a transfer to go through if an account number and name don't match?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If the digits of the account number within your IBAN the amount wouldn't reach your account. Once the information doesn't relate to any valid account it should automatically bounce back to the sending bank account. If the money was coming from a Euro bank account it would take maximum of five working days for the amount to bounce back to the sending account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement