Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24HR Time Trial

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

A clubmate of mine is entering and going for the win. He’s one tough mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

There are some sick people in this world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Miklos wrote: »

The bar could be fairly high

http://www.audaxireland.org/2013/07/mersey-24-hour-tt/

Coyle won the WAW ultra in Donegal I think 2 years ago

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

good god. that's an average of 34km/h over 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

ford2600 wrote: »
    The bar could be fairly high

http://www.audaxireland.org/2013/07/mersey-24-hour-tt/

Coyle won the WAW ultra in Donegal I think 2 years ago

He was on the team that set the new record on the Flèche so he’s got form.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I got cramps just thinking about it, not this year for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Miklos wrote: »

The Chuck Norris of the cycling world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm in, just hoping to survive......

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Getting instagram ads for that.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

good god. that's an average of 34km/h over 24 hours.
    Presumably the normal Audax speed rules don't apply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Presumably the normal Audax speed rules don't apply?

I think in the true spirit of Audax, they should be strictly adhered to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It is hosted by Audax Ireland but it is not an Audax event, if that makes sense. I for one would be in favour of the max speed rules being enforced :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I don't think I'd have a problem with the max speed rule being enforced. The min speed rule on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

Im considering entering it for the craic, havent much miles done this year but just entering to c cud i finish

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Hi all,
    Have completed a few Audax 200km’s
    Great challenges and camaraderie yet non competitive ethos -
    A few questions :
    Is there room for the slower sportive / touring type on these tt’s?
    What’s does the general cyclist do for sleep on these time trials ?
    Could you ride solid for 16- 18 hours or so and finish at that - rather than sleep a few hours and get back on saddle?

A few of us would just be doing it for the experience rather than breaking any records ....
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

Lambretta wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Have completed a few Audax 200km’s
    Great challenges and camaraderie yet non competitive ethos -
    A few questions :
    Is there room for the slower sportive / touring type on these tt’s?
    What’s does the general cyclist do for sleep on these time trials ?
    Could you ride solid for 16- 18 hours or so and finish at that - rather than sleep a few hours and get back on saddle?

A few of us would just be doing it for the experience rather than breaking any records ....
    Many thanks

Only my take on this, but to try and answer your questions,

I'd see myself as a sportive/touring type mainly and I'm in
    I would hope not to stop seeing as it's only one night, but there's noting to stop anyone taking a quick kip, if you do a search for videos of the Mersey Road 24 you'll see folk with caravans and tents
    The start is at noon, if you ride for 18 hrs straight you'll be back in daylight so it might be hard to stop, I've no idea how long/far you have to go to get an official finish time.

I'm certainly doing it for the experience, there's a fairly unique set of circumstances in my particular job this season which means that I have the time to do it this year so I'm going for it.

AFAIK this is modeled on the Mersey Roads 24 in the UK, do a search for that, there's loads of info out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Thank you very much - I’ll check out the Mersey Roads
    nilhg wrote: »
    Only my take on this, but to try and answer your questions,

I'd see myself as a sportive/touring type mainly and I'm in
    I would hope not to stop seeing as it's only one night, but there's noting to stop anyone taking a quick kip, if you do a search for videos of the Mersey Road 24 you'll see folk with caravans and tents
    The start is at noon, if you ride for 18 hrs straight you'll be back in daylight so it might be hard to stop, I've no idea how long/far you have to go to get an official finish time.

I'm certainly doing it for the experience, there's a fairly unique set of circumstances in my particular job this season which means that I have the time to do it this year so I'm going for it.

AFAIK this is modeled on the Mersey Roads 24 in the UK, do a search for that, there's loads of info out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

I don't know much about audax cycling, would someone explain why there is a max speed rule? I understand the a min one but having a max one seems abit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

The max speed rule is to prevent it becoming a race. The min speed rule is to allow the organiser to go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

http://audax24hour.com/hello-world/

Ride report from the man who gave the world the Brown Stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement