Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Yorkshire 2018 - live coverage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

cunavalos wrote: »
    One of the race marshals had a lucky escape when the Astana car made a beeline for him
    https://twitter.com/nathlukecurrie/status/993193393814634496

Any in car footage from that would piss all over that crappy Skoda ad, where the car was shown as a team car, with rather lightweight stuff going on, like the wing mirror being folded in, spare wheels being laid against it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    He could have been easily killed.

I did read else where that the driver was the director.

I do find it scary/shocking at times, seeing the directors driving whilst taking on the radio, giving instructions out of the window, etc.

Seen a few high profile incidents over the years, so maybe it's something directors, and the organisers have to look at and examine.

Based on my observations of watching cycling on TV for the last 20+ years, it seems that that the DS is commonly the driver... which is crazy, and scary. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Weepsie wrote: »
    Rented a bike in Yorkshire last year. Dotted with short, steep climbs of well over 10% and descents to match.

Spent last weekend in Settle. Only got out for a short spin but you don't have to go far to find a hill. Langcliffe Scar should have a health warning - and that's just for the descent.

Beautiful part of the world. Will be back (with a bigger cassette).

Advertisement