Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Lockers in Heuston Station

Options
  • 03-05-2018 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering whether anyone has used the bike lockers in Heuston Station. In Dublin for a few nights and wondering whether they are safe to store the bike in for a day or 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I know one guy who uses them to store a city bike for his train commute. Been doing it for a year or so now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I've left my bike in the shelter (up the back) a fair few times. Sometimes over weekends. It's well lit and has cameras. Not sure how safe it is, my experience may vary from others.

I've no experience with the actual lockers however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Unless it's changed, you have to take out a subscription and store it there regularly - you can't just rock up and hire a locker. Lousy system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is it Cyclok like at Pearse Station? If so you can pay as you go, but it would add up if you were using it a lot.
    www.cyc-lok.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nok2008

Rechuchote wrote: »
    Unless it's changed, you have to take out a subscription and store it there regularly - you can't just rock up and hire a locker. Lousy system.

May have to contact them so. The website does not really answer the question. You would think that they would have a few that could be rented on a daily basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Thread Bump

I've to travel to Limerick a few days a week on a regular basis so I'm looking at the logistics of leaving a bike overnight at Heuston.

Bikelocker.ie have no availability and Cyclok looks impractical from a cost/availability POV.

Any thoughts on leaving a semi-decent cx/commuter in the shelter at the back beside the carpark? Will have good cable and u-locks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

I wouldn't.

Funny that no one near the station with a handy basement has set up a fiver-a-night bike storage business.

Advertisement