Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you deal with a snitch in work?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 meadow1

Mellor wrote: »
    The person doing the reporting is the OPs supervisor. Reporting to management is not trouble-making, it's literally their job.

At what point in the OP's first post, did they state the person doing the reporting was a supervisor?

How do you know it was not a fellow colleague of the same rank?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,368 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

meadow1 wrote: »
    How do you know it was not a fellow colleague of the same rank?
    Because I read the whole thread...
    It's rather hyprocritical of the supervisors to criticise those lower in rank about not being fast enough to do their work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Hello 1

OP, I think you’ve posted about this job before. I’m unfamiliar with the work scheme you’re on, but if you are that unhappy there I suggest you start looking for other work. But, please understand that other workplaces are likely to have similar standards and apply the same kind of pressure. If you have a case worker or other support I suggest you discuss the matter with them.

I take on board what you've posted.

However, fyi, a condition that is agreed between employee and employer when being employed under the scheme is that upon employment their is a mutual understanding that the employee employed under the scheme
    has/ will have a loss of productivity of 20% or more.

In this regard my employer receives DSP funding of 5.30 an hour towards my weekly wage, from the DSP to compensate for my lack of productivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I take on board what you've posted.

However, fyi, a condition that is agreed between employee and employer when being employed under the scheme is that upon employment their is a mutual understanding that the employee employed under the scheme
    has/ will have a loss of productivity of 20% or more.

In this regard my employer receives DSP funding of 5.30 an hour towards my weekly wage, from the DSP to compensate for my lack of productivity.

You forgot to switch accounts.

More information on the Wage Subsidy Scheme if anyone's interested:
    Wage Subsidy Scheme strands
    The WSS is divided into 3 strands.

Strand 1 is a wage subsidy payment paid to the employer to make up the shortfall if a disabled employee has a productivity level of between 80% or less (compared to other staff). The employee must work at least 21 hours a week up to a maximum of 39 hours a week. The rate of subsidy is €5.30 a hour based on the hours worked. The maximum annual subsidy is €10,748 based on a 39-hour week.

Strand 2 is a payment to companies that employ more than 2 disabled employees. The "top-up" grant covers supervisory, management and other work-based costs. The top-up grant is based on the overall number of disabled employees from an additional 10% of the wage subsidy for 3 to 6 disabled employees to a maximum of 50% of the wage subsidy for 23+ disabled employees.

Strand 3 is a grant to companies that employ 30 or more disabled employees to enable them to employ an Employment Assistance Officer (EAO). The EAO is employed to support and assist disabled employees with their employment needs. The grant is €30,000 per annum.

Advertisement