If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - Sony xf85 TV

Options
  • 03-05-2018 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys

I am looking for a price for the xf85 (43”) with wall bracket and installation.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi,

I’ve given your query a new thread, easier to keep track of it.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kmfrob

kmfrob wrote: »
    Hi guys

I am looking for a price for the xf85 (43”) with wall bracket and installation.

Cheers

Ok thanks a lot!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kmfrob.

The NEW 43XF8505 priced at £999.00
    http://www.richersound...p-203206-401575.aspx

On the bracket front do you require a flat, tilt or full motion?

Regarding installation for Mounting TV's on walls we have to use a third party as our insurance does not cover our staff for wall mounting products.
    Usually installations can only be carried out within a 10 miles radius of our Belfast store. Where are you based as we might be able to recommend an installer that could carry this out for you.

Installation of wall mounting a television usually starts around £75 - £100 per hour.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi

Understood regarding the installation. I am in Dublin so I can sort something out locally.

For the bracket, I would want a flat one so the tv sits as flushly against the wall as possible.

Also, could you please provide prices in euros?

Incidentally, just to confirm the TV doesn’t support the NOW TV app right? Is there an RTE app?

Cheers

Hi

Understood regarding the installation. I am in Dublin so I can sort something out locally.

For the bracket, I would want a flat one so the tv sits as flushly against the wall as possible.

Also, could you please provide prices in euros?

Incidentally, just to confirm the TV doesn’t support the NOW TV app right? Is there an RTE app?

Cheers
    Hi Kmfrob.

For a flat bracket there is the Sanus VML5 priced at 38.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200142-vml5.aspx?swapstore=1

The 43XF8505 would come in at 1199.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203206-401575.aspx

I have checked the XF9005 that we have on display as it has also an android operating system which allows you access to The Google Play store.
    Unfortunately it does not have the NOW TV app or the RTE player app.
    I'm not sure if the RTE app would become available once set up in the South of Ireland but it's not showing in the Play store on the TV.

Hope this helps a little.

• Advertisement

Okay, that's great. Do I just go through your website to order? 

Hi Kmfrob.

You can order direct via our .ie website or if you PM me your contact number I can give you a call for the order.

Hi Kmfrob.

You can order direct via our .ie website or if you PM me your contact number I can give you a call for the order.
    Okay, I don't think I have enough points on boards to PM so might be better to just go through the website. 

Incidentally, I don't suppose you have any recommendations for another 43" 4K panel? I know there's compromises a plenty at that size but the XF85 seemed to be the best TV at that range. It will just be used as a screen for streaming (it won't even be connected to an aerial) so the lack of certain apps like NOW TV and RTE (I checked and it's not available) is a bit of a disappointment. I know it has built-in chromecast, but that still means we have to have a laptop in the room whenever streaming anything.

The key things I'm looking for is HDR 10 / Dolby Vision (so I guess it has to be 4K) with decent black levels and good support for various apps. Anything else you recommend? Samsung don't seem to have much in that size (at least nothing in the QLED or SUHD range). 

I was looking at the KS7000, but you don't seem to have any on your website. Do you have any in your stores?

Hi Kmfrob.

Okay, I don't think I have enough points on boards to PM so might be better to just go through the website. 

Incidentally, I don't suppose you have any recommendations for another 43" 4K panel? I know there's compromises a plenty at that size but the XF85 seemed to be the best TV at that range. It will just be used as a screen for streaming (it won't even be connected to an aerial) so the lack of certain apps like NOW TV and RTE (I checked and it's not available) is a bit of a disappointment. I know it has built-in chromecast, but that still means we have to have a laptop in the room whenever streaming anything.

The key things I'm looking for is HDR 10 / Dolby Vision (so I guess it has to be 4K) with decent black levels and good support for various apps. Anything else you recommend? Samsung don't seem to have much in that size (at least nothing in the QLED or SUHD range). 
    Hi Kmfrob.

You could drop it to me in an email: Kenny@richersounds.ie

The Sony's are pretty much the best around at that size.

You would need to go 49" and above to try and find something better but it would still be hard pushed with out changing to QLED or OLED.

• Advertisement

I was looking at the KS7000, but you don't seem to have any on your website. Do you have any in your stores?
    Hi KmFrob.

The KS range has now been discontinued for 2 years.

It was replaced by the MU7000 range, although the QLED range is closer to the old KS due to the Quantum Dot Technology. 
    The 49MU7000 is priced at £699 but is an in-store only collection. 
    The Sony is a much better television over the MU7000. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.