Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa passcode (cashconvertersespana)

Options
  • 03-05-2018 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Something very odd happened to me this morning.

I received a Verified by Visa passcode this morning via text from BOI (for a cashconvertersespana transaction ~700 EUR) but I have no Visa card from BOI!

I have a BOI current account (for years) which I managed purely online as a secondary / backup account. Hence I have no need for a debit card for it.

I've checked the account online and there's no suspicious transactions recorded (so far).

Questions:
    (1) Any Visa fraud occurring?
    (2) Is it possible to confirm that there's no Visa cards on my account (just to make sure someone, somewhere hasn't made a mistake)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,

Something very odd happened to me this morning.

I received a Verified by Visa passcode this morning via text from BOI (for a cashconvertersespana transaction ~700 EUR) but I have no Visa card from BOI!

I have a BOI current account (for years) which I managed purely online as a secondary / backup account. Hence I have no need for a debit card for it.

I've checked the account online and there's no suspicious transactions recorded (so far).

Questions:
    (1) Any Visa fraud occurring?
    (2) Is it possible to confirm that there's no Visa cards on my account (just to make sure someone, somewhere hasn't made a mistake)?

Hi Champ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to call our Verified by Visa team on 0035312500370 and the advisers there will be more than happy to take your contact details and see why you received this text message.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

It’s possible that some may have accidentally registered your number on their account eg a typo or an error.

Or, they used to have your number years ago and changed network / abandoned the sim and it was recycled after a couple of years but is still registered against their BOI account.

It could also be an odd phishing exercise to see if your mobile number is valid and attempt to get more data from you. So don’t respond in anyway to the sms.

Definitely ring the card fraud number / verified by visa people and check..

Advertisement