Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 lovely goldfish need a pond...

Options
  • 03-05-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We are moving to UK end of May and we need to rehome our 2 goldfish (1 common goldfish, 1 shubunkin), they are both 4 yrs old and are currently in a tank but no doubt would love to move up to a pond.

Happy to drop off anywhere in the Dublin/Meath area for anyone who would have space?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

hi, we have a regular tank with two goldfish. would they be too big for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

TVSwim wrote: »
    We are moving to UK end of May and we need to rehome our 2 goldfish (1 common goldfish, 1 shubunkin), they are both 4 yrs old and are currently in a tank but no doubt would love to move up to a pond.

Happy to drop off anywhere in the Dublin/Meath area for anyone who would have space?

Hiya,

I will happily take them. I have rescued a couple of goldies from boardsies before.

I have a pond in my front garden and I am currently building a bigger one.

See my thread HERE

I'll PM you if you are happy to drop to North Dublin. I'm near enough the m1/50

The new pond won't have fish in it until June, but I have plenty of space in the existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TVSwim

redmgar wrote: »
    hi, we have a regular tank with two goldfish. would they be too big for that?

We were hoping they could go to a pond as I believe that’s best at their age & size but thank you for the kind offer :)

Diet Coke & Fanta (their given names) arrived on Monday and are doing well. Water level topped up, made safe and they are feeding plenty. I decided to keep them in the fish tank until the new pond is running in June. I figured too much moving would be too stressful on them.

A pic I took just now
    [IMG][/img]IMG_3592.jpg

They look very happy, excited watching the new pond get ready no doubt! Thanks once again, the kids are thrilled it's all worked out so well :)

• Advertisement

The first two fish into the pond.....earlier than planned. You might need to zoom in....they are tiny in the pond :D

IMG_3651.jpg

They were looking a bit lost on their own, so I added a black shubunkin and Fanta made a new friend.

Oh wow, they're too teeny tiny in there! Cara is delighted to hear they're off on a new adventure, thanks so much Gary, we're so happy :):)

Some more friends added today. Diet Coke & Fanta in this one too.

IMG_3665.jpg

Advertisement