Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUD apartment works

Options
  • 03-05-2018 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ok, so I have this apartment in an apartment block (Multi Unity Development) that needs some works related to thermal insulation

This would involve work that's mostly internal to the apartment, but it would touch some common areas, like adding a vent to the external wall of my apartment, its attic and maybe the corresponding roof (the one directly above)

Would this need permission/consent from the management company? (Nothing in the House rules mentions works)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

If your drilling a core through the external wall, yes you should inform the management body and tell them your plan. Public liability Insurance etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MixedMessages

Ok, so I have this apartment in an apartment block (Multi Unity Development) that needs some works related to thermal insulation

This would involve work that's mostly internal to the apartment, but it would touch some common areas, like adding a vent to the external wall of my apartment, its attic and maybe the corresponding roof (the one directly above)

Would this need permission/consent from the management company? (Nothing in the House rules mentions works)

It would be normal (or not unusual) for the map of the extent of property that you own to show/state that you own from the paint surface of the inside of the wall inwards- all external and structural walls being retained by the management company

If such is the case in your property you would be forming a vent hole in property that is not (exclusively) yours

Safer to ask, I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SeamusCarbad

Thanks for the answers, I'll ask

Advertisement