Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peyton new build

Options
  • 03-05-2018 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Couldn't find too much first hand info so decide to start a new one. We are thinking of buying a new build 4/5 bed in Peyton, had a look around rathcoole, seems lovely village. Any advise will be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Go up at 830 in the morning and see how long it takes you to get out to the n7. Traffic up there is a disaster. Terrible planning

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Thanks dar_cool, plan to leave early between 7 and 7.30, and work from home 1 or 2 days per week. Mrs is working in citywest. More concerning about the schools, facilities, or any area to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

Where are you working? I used to live in Peyton and cycle to Citywest, 15 mins - that's for the far side of the campus, you'd be talking much less for e.g. Eir building on Bianconi. I did chat with the agent about this development and my understanding is they are only 5 beds coming available.

Hate to have another competitor but are you aware of Castlechurch in Newcastle? It's a smaller village but still close to Rathcoole and Citywest, there's 3 and 4 beds opening there soon, prices more reasonable.

Rathcoole is a nice enough village though, but terrible for getting to the city centre.

_brendand_ wrote: »
    Where are you working? I used to live in Peyton and cycle to Citywest, 15 mins - that's for the far side of the campus, you'd be talking much less for e.g. Eir building on Bianconi. I did chat with the agent about this development and my understanding is they are only 5 beds coming available.

Hate to have another competitor but are you aware of Castlechurch in Newcastle? It's a smaller village but still close to Rathcoole and Citywest, there's 3 and 4 beds opening there soon, prices more reasonable.

We haven’t decided yet just viewing, the new build in Rathcoole is under the radar, also those new builds nearer to N7 as well. I’m starting a new job in sandyford, living in Naas at the moment, have to beat N7 and M50, hope the traffic gonna quiet down bit during summer time...

• Advertisement

We haven’t decided yet just viewing, the new build in Rathcoole is under the radar, also those new builds nearer to N7 as well. I’m starting a new job in sandyford, living in Naas at the moment, have to beat N7 and M50, hope the traffic gonna quiet down bit during summer time...

:eek: wouldn't catch me dead making that commute! The guy I worked with who commuted in the opposite direction to you (Stillorgan to Citywest) had a very unpleasant sounding commute. I used to leave the house at 8:45 to be there at 9 :)

:eek: wouldn't catch me dead making that commute! The guy I worked with who commuted in the opposite direction to you (Stillorgan to Citywest) had a very unpleasant sounding commute. I used to leave the house at 8:45 to be there at 9 :)

Yea, try to hit the road 6.30 in the morning, and wrap up at 4.30. After summer time will be able to work from home 1,2 days per week ... figure it should get better if move to rathcoole or somewhere nearer to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

I’m starting a new job in sandyford

We live in the estate and my wife works in sandyford so to give you an idea if she leaves for work around 7 she will get to sandyford normally around 7.45/8....a little better during school holidays. The return journey time can vary a lot more....could leave at 4 and if there's been an accident along the route (happens plenty) it could easily be 5.30 before she gets back. You do have multiple route options to get home though if needed - N7, tallaght and firhouse.

There are 16 houses in the last part of the development by the way and they are all 5 bed...big houses though - all over 2000 sq ft.

Photos of the showhouse are up on my home as of yesterday (grass and path was only laid yesterday):
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/peyton-stoney-lane-rathcoole-co-dublin/4154500

lotsoftens wrote: »
    We live in the estate and my wife works in sandyford so to give you an idea if she leaves for work around 7 she will get to sandyford normally around 7.45/8....a little better during school holidays. The return journey time can vary a lot more....could leave at 4 and if there's been an accident along the route (happens plenty) it could easily be 5.30 before she gets back. You do have multiple route options to get home though if needed - N7, tallaght and firhouse.

There are 16 houses in the last part of the development by the way and they are all 5 bed...big houses though - all over 2000 sq ft.

Photos of the showhouse are up on my home as of yesterday (grass and path was only laid yesterday):
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/peyton-stoney-lane-rathcoole-co-dublin/4154500

Thanks a million, gonna also try to leave early and do a morning run near the office. Guess the earliest to warp up gonna be 4.30 pm. Just curious how’s the life in Rathcoole, guess it’s a small lovely village, shouldn’t have any dodgy place?

Thanks a million, gonna also try to leave early and do a morning run near the office. Guess the earliest to warp up gonna be 4.30 pm. Just curious how’s the life in Rathcoole, guess it’s a small lovely village, shouldn’t have any dodgy place?

No, not at all, it's very quiet. Apart from the estates you have the village which has a selection of shops and a few takeaways. Avoca is down the road next to the park if you're looking for something decent (I know Avoca is expensive but the quality is pretty high). Prepare to drive to get to any supermarkets though - we preferred to go to Naas rather than Tallaght, it's more straightforward and the parking is better. If quiet is what you like, quiet is what you'll get in Rathcoole.

• Advertisement

No, not at all, it's very quiet. Apart from the estates you have the village which has a selection of shops and a few takeaways. Avoca is down the road next to the park if you're looking for something decent (I know Avoca is expensive but the quality is pretty high). Prepare to drive to get to any supermarkets though - we preferred to go to Naas rather than Tallaght, it's more straightforward and the parking is better. If quiet is what you like, quiet is what you'll get in Rathcoole.

Looks like Rathcoole gonna suit us, gonna have a view of the new build in Peyton, hope everything goes well

Advertisement