Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to go - 20 month old

• 03-05-2018 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any recommendations of places to visit with a toddler, 20 months old? I bring my lad to the usual parks, playgrounds, Dublin Zoo etc but looking for something to bring him to over the bank holiday weekend. Weather is looking good so outdoors is an option too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

I haven't been myself but I heard 'The Dead Zoo' on Merrion St is meant to be very good.

Imaginosity is fabulous but your wee boy might be a tad too young but not by much.

The Ark has events on for 2 years+ (Good to know for again).

https://ark.ie/events/category/ages-2-4

There is the Bealtaine festival on throughout the country during May. It might have different events on near you.

Airfield and The Olympia have events on too...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/ireland/twenty-one-things-to-do-this-may-bank-holiday-weekend-1.3483402%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Airfield house in Dundrum has something on this weekend, can’t remember exactly what just heard the wife telling me something the other day, think it’s about sheep. Anyway it’s a great spot and close to the luas so you could go on that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ando wrote: »
    Hi,

Any recommendations of places to visit with a toddler, 20 months old? I bring my lad to the usual parks, playgrounds, Dublin Zoo etc but looking for something to bring him to over the bank holiday weekend. Weather is looking good so outdoors is an option too!

He will love the outdoors and mainly its cheap or free ! Take him to the beach in Donabate or Rush with a bucket and spade . Take off his shoes and let him paddle and throw stones

Take him to see the deer in the Phoenix park and on to the great playground there .

Take him on the DART for a train ride and get off in Dun Laoire for an ice cream

Take him up to the Pine Forest and let him collect sticks and play in the trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Clonfert Pet Farm is deadly.

http://www.clonfertpetfarm.com/

Only €5 in per adult, babies free, they have a coffee shop there and loads of animals to get up close and personal to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

+1 for airfield, love it there

Also a fan of Portmarnock and donabate beaches

Newbridge house in donabate meant to be great too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Newbridge is lovely, we go a lot.Playground and a walk around the back to look at animals, or you can go into the petting farm part too for a small fee.Malahide castle has a playground with a sandpit.Malahide marina has a small playcentre which is quiet in good weather!Further afield Ardgillan castle is a hit.Try Botanic gardens too.The thing is that all a 20 mth old really needs is space to run so any park/playground/beach will probably do them, rather than loking for specific events.Repeat visits are always going to be a hit too :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

You really can't beat the outdoors. We are lucky to live near Newbridge House + Makahide Castle. Brilliant playgrounds + walks. Beach also a good option if weather is nice.

Plenty of indoor playcentres aswell but prefer outdoors unless it is really lashing rain.

Advertisement