Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very poor device management system using Eirsport on a Windows PC

Options
  • 03-05-2018 2:55pm

Complaining about the very poor device management system when viewing Eirsport on a Windows PC. I last made a device change on April 6. According to your information you are allowed a device swop once per 'calendar month'. Well it's now May and its still telling me 'you have used up your monthly swop'.

Also I notice if you clear cookies, history etc in IE 11 your device becomes unregistered, and a swop is lost forcing you to wait another month to reregister that device. Why is this not stated anywhere that you should not do this. All in all, the whole system is a mess IMO, and needs to be less restrictive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Complaining about the very poor device management system when viewing Eirsport on a Windows PC. I last made a device change on April 6. According to your information you are allowed a device swop once per 'calendar month'. Well it's now May and its still telling me 'you have used up your monthly swop'.

Also I notice if you clear cookies, history etc in IE 11 your device becomes unregistered, and a swop is lost forcing you to wait another month to reregister that device. Why is this not stated anywhere that you should not do this. All in all, the whole system is a mess IMO, and needs to be less restrictive.
    I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing.

If you are looking to query this further I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260.

Thanks

Thomas

Well, rang technical support this afternoon, and they got Eirsport up and running on the Windows PC I am using. However logged back in a while ago and was directed to the device management page where once again it said 'this device is not registered'.

Simply have to state that viewing Eirsport on a PC seems to be actually unworkable. It's an appallingly antiquated system using IE11 & Silverlight which leads me to suspect Eir doesn't want people to view Eirsport via this method and is trying to force people to sign up to the Eir Vision box if they do want to watch Eirsport online. A related issue exists with the Eirsport IOS app which offers video streaming of the Eirsport pack channels, but doesn't support the AirPlay function thereby blocking the ability to cast the channels onto a TV from an ipad or iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

If it was somewhat decent it wouldn't be "free"...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yep. Havent used it in months. Its unusable. But have to pay for a useless service.

Well guys, this system is as useless as ever. Last registered a device on 2 June. All of July its telling me I have no swaps available and now its the 1st August and its still telling me I have no swaps available. Its without doubt an appalling service. Surely I shouldn't have to ring technical support everytime I want to perform a simple task like a device swap. Please fix this!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Well guys, this system is as useless as ever. Last registered a device on 2 June. All of July its telling me I have no swaps available and now its the 1st August and its still telling me I have no swaps available. Its without doubt an appalling service. Surely I shouldn't have to ring technical support everytime I want to perform a simple task like a device swap. Please fix this!!!!
    Hi Deleted User ,

I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the relevant department.

If you are looking to query this further I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Deleted User ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

I've attached a screengrab of my device management page. As you can see its a bit odd. The Apple ipad is showing as registered "yesterday 2 June". Its working ok.  The Windows PC is indicated as being registered "tomorrow 4 Apr".  I want to get rid of this, but as you can see its telling me I have no more swaps available and wait till next month, which has now been 2 months at this stage.

Maybe I can PM you my account number to get this investigated, since I really shouldn't have to be continually ringing technical support to get what should be a simple process to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi Deleted User ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

I've attached a screengrab of my device management page. As you can see its a bit odd. The Apple ipad is showing as registered "yesterday 2 June". Its working ok.  The Windows PC is indicated as being registered "tomorrow 4 Apr".  I want to get rid of this, but as you can see its telling me I have no more swaps available and wait till next month, which has now been 2 months at this stage.

Maybe I can PM you my account number to get this investigated, since I really shouldn't have to be continually ringing technical support to get what should be a simple process to work.
    Hi there 17-dpr

If you need to contact them directly with screenshots, you can email them at websupport@eir.ie Unfortunately we won't be able to assist with these types of queries here

-Kyle

Advertisement