Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transferred By Mistake

Options
  • 03-05-2018 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi 

I transferred money from my partners account to mine today, however, on closer inspection i seen that i sent it to a BoI account that i haven't used in a few years.

I dont have a card for the account or a card to access the money.

Is there anyway i can get the money back or is it possible that my account has been closed due to inactivity and the money should bounce back automatically?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi 

I transferred money from my partners account to mine today, however, on closer inspection i seen that i sent it to a BoI account that i haven't used in a few years.

I dont have a card for the account or a card to access the money.

Is there anyway i can get the money back or is it possible that my account has been closed due to inactivity and the money should bounce back automatically?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If the account is fully closed then the funds should bounce back to the sending account within five working days. You can also call us on 0818 365 365 and the advisers there will be happy to check on the status of your account to make sure that it is closed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement