Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sign of promised free mobile phone credit.

Options
  • 03-05-2018 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

I moved my mobile phone account from Three to Eir on 19/04/18. I was advised in store that I would be entitled to €120 free credit (€10 per month for 12 months - provided I topped up by €20 every month).

I topped up by €20 on April 19th and I have yet to receive my €10 free credit for the month. I would appreciate if you could look into this issue for me please. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

They pull a bit of a scam with this. I queried the same. I was told I had to top up by twenty, register for my eir and then top up by 20 to get it. So effectively it's impossible to get it for the first month unless you port, register for my eir and then topup by 20. If you register after topping up you have to top up again.

In the end I ended up switching network on a point of principal as it is so misleading as the steps listed on the site aren't in the order they tell you that you should do things when you query it

Although in your case you are not due it yet anyway. You would be due it on the 15th May. It's done on the 15th of the month after you port. You get May's in June etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

The assistant in the Eir Store said it should be applied within 24 hours of topping up so that's why I was querying it. Perhaps the Eir Reps can confirm that the credit is applied on the 15th of every month and that would resolve things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I moved my mobile phone account from Three to Eir on 19/04/18. I was advised in store that I would be entitled to €120 free credit (€10 per month for 12 months - provided I topped up by €20 every month).

I topped up by €20 on April 19th and I have yet to receive my €10 free credit for the month. I would appreciate if you could look into this issue for me please. 
    Hi TheFortField ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hi TheFortField ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Can you please also clarify the exact policy and steps required to redeem this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

Hi TheFortField ,

Thanks 

Thomas
    PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi TheFortField ,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Can you please also clarify the exact policy and steps required to redeem this offer?
    Hi  Seth Brundle ,

The prepay 180-day pass has been discontinued and replaced with the 50gb  30-day pass.

Usage statistics have shown that customers purchasing the 180-day pass are using their 50GB allowance early. Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money for the customer and allows high data users to avail of greater amounts in the time period they need.

eir is no longer offering the 180 day add-on for sale. If you have already contracted to a 180 day add-on, it will continue as normal until it expires or it is depleted. The terms and conditions attached have not changed.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement