Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoring Macbook air after appleid lock

Options
  • 03-05-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Have a MacBook air bought in late 2014 and never used. :eek:

Now the appleid is locked and while apple have provided me with a way to unlock the laptop itself- They wont reset the appleid password and I have got none of the security questions correct. The questions ask me for items like where my parents met, what was the first thing I learned to cook, and what my favourite carrer is. All items I have long forgotten since 2014:rolleyes:

The DOB is not matching unfortunately and the default email is set to the applied icloud email-so I cannot receive the unlock email either.

I have requested a copy of the original invoice from Curry's where I bought the laptop, but being so long ago I don't hold out much hope there.

I cannot believe apple wont accept photo id like driving license where the name matches the applied name and address as proof of ownership.

Anyone know how to restore the laptop back to factory settings and wipe all the existing security stuff off it and start again. Even the screws are oddly sized so I cannot take out the battery.

Very frustrating and time consuming so far and not much progress made at all.

Thanks

mrblack

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

So in the space of 4 years, you've forgotten your computer password, lost access to your non-iCloud email (you can't set it as the default email for iCloud, trust me I've tried), forgotten your iCloud email password, forgotten your date of birth, forgotten where your parents met, forgotten what the first thing you learned to cook was, and forgotten your favourite career.

For the sake of the security of my own computer and iCloud account, I have to say I am very pleased to hear that Apple isn't doing more to help you. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Bizarre thread.

Just boot into recovery mode and reinstall MacOS. No need for any Apple log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

create bootable install media for mac. google it and then wipe the disk and install it and ur sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

To be precise its my sisters partner who has forgotten all the details provided. It's his laptop and he is not IT savvy at all.

Anyway, I did a complete reset and installed OS X High Sierra and created a new appleid and the MacBook air is now working great. It's a lovely little machine which as a windows lover I always ignored apple stuff in the past.

Mrblack

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

The 2014 is a great model it has a good spec and a decent Phalange

• Advertisement
Advertisement