Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Laptop

Options
  • 03-05-2018 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi. I'm looking for recommendations for a gaming laptop. I'm thinking about the €1600 mark.

I realise that a desktop machine offers more bang for my buck, but it's really a laptop that I need. My gaming habits have changed an awful lot in recent years. I don't have as much time as I used to, so I need to be more flexible with how I play. I commute on the train each day and would love to be able to make use of that time, maybe even an hour in bed as well. Plus herself's sister just moved back to Ireland and is popping around 24/7, and probably always will be because they're best mates. I need something that I can move around the house. My consoles are getting no attention lately due to all of the above.

Anyway, a laptop would be ideal. I already have a MacBook that I use to play low-spec indies and classics, so I know how gaming feels on a small screen and I'm happy with it. I'd just like something with a bit more juice to play newer games.

I don't obsess over graphics, but at the same time I'd really like something that's a step up from my PS4 and X1. However I suspect I'll mainly be using it to play the types of PC games that I could never play. I'd love to try the Total War: Warhammer games and other mouse and keyboard style games, if you know what I mean.

Many thanks.

Edit: I realise this is a PC building forum but I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Comments

Advertisement