Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The royal wedding who cares.(Maybe Meghan)(Lovers of Royal Wedding thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

This thread isn't a discussion about the wedding itself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why would anyone have a problem with people gathering to watch the wedding? It's pathetic. The hotel shouldn't have caved to the threats.

My own partner, her mother, my mother and their friends are all meeting up for it.

It's like the World Cup for women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

valoren wrote: »
    I think Markle is a smart cookie, so smart in fact, that she completely understands the concept that you deal with toxic people, by not dealing with them. So the father and sister are out.

I'd say too, she was well up on their antics when she was a semi-famous actress before her involvement with Prince Harry. They must've been spitting jealousy at her many times over the years and now the wedding into the royal family has really sent them over the edge. Funny how in all the old child family photos published she is beaming ear to ear, happy out, but the rest of them look rather miserable.

A nest of vipers, she must be glad to be rid of them. She will have the royal court officials to protect her now and keep them all away, lucky girl. Her Mum is the only one who comes across as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

So....what’s the story here?
    First the hoo-ha about the dad,then various stories about his health being the reason he’s not going....then the story it was her mum(who apparantly she’s very close to)was giving her away...and now we’re being told she asked Prince Charles to give her away...
    Don’t know about you but that last bit seems the mostly unlikely part of the whole soap opera...why would you ask your future father in law to give you away when your own mother will be there (twiddling her thumbs) as this happens...
    Can’t help thinking there’s no way Meghan decided that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

jojofizzio wrote: »
    First the hoo-ha about the dad,then various stories about his health being the reason he’s not going....then the story it was her mum(who apparantly she’s very close to)was giving her away...and now we’re being told she asked Prince Charles to give her away...
    Don’t know about you but that last bit seems the mostly unlikely part of the whole soap opera...why would you ask your future father in law to give you away when your own mother will be there (twiddling her thumbs) as this happens...

It's quite a psychological, territorial stance, if you ask me.. Charles, the future King and Harry's Dad, gives her away.. what better way to say she's in our family now, under our protection, a new royal, embarrass her again or mess with her and you mess with us. A wee-bit mafia like, lol!

Megan is then surrounded on the big day by future King Charles, Prince Harry and future King William.. it's well done, I give them that.. and Mum probably feels too intimidated to give Megan away and who would blame her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jojofizzio wrote: »

Well it's not unique. It has happened before as was pointed out by a poster earlier in the thread, that king Gustav VI of Sweden(I think. I'm sorry if I've misremembered the info they posted) walked his future daughter in law up the aisle as her father had died.

Maybe her mother didn't want to do it. I mean eyes of the world on you, in front of 800 people in a 15th century church which stands on a site that's had a castle there since the 11th century, and the top people in the British royal family watching you. I mean it's a daunting task when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Charles the future king? Lizzy is good for another ten years.

• Advertisement

Charles the future king? Lizzy is good for another ten years.
    Is there a doubt who is the next monarch of the house of Windsor ? It's going to Charles and she very may well have ten years left in her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He should give her away

th?id=OIP.6D-rsxMCXv4AwzlEZ85vJgHaEK&pid=15.1&P=0&w=283&h=160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why would anyone have a problem with people gathering to watch the wedding? It's pathetic. The hotel shouldn't have caved to the threats.

My own partner, her mother, my mother and their friends are all meeting up for it.

A World Cup for women you say

And do we love them any less ?

No it's what's make us different

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

Neither the bride or groom will have their father present on the big day.;)

Neither the bride or groom will have their father present on the big day.;)

It wasn’t funny the first time

Or the second, third..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Just like Will & Kate's big day, every woman in Ireland will be glued to the wedding tomorrow. Not a big wedding fan myself, so I'll throw my eye over it but nothing more. Good luck to them both.

Neyite wrote: »
    I see it in the eyebrows, chin teeth and lips. But there are differences elsewhere like you say - and as Dara says the Spencer genes get a mix in there too.
    The only thing he has in common with Hewitt is the red hair. It's like people just see two gingers and think they all look so alike.

He gets the ginger look from his mum’s side. In fact, he looks a lot like his uncle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

Aegir wrote: »
    He gets the ginger look from his mum’s side. In fact, he looks a lot like his uncle.

Just ignore the fact his dad is a ginger and he looks the spitting image of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It's pretty bizarre to say the least, as there are gatherings nearby in Derry i see, there's even a few in Dublin getting all tuckered up too i hear.

I wonder will i get coverage in the bog tomorrow:D

I'm someone who will read anything historical and that includes the Royal families on Europe outside of the british one. The heirs to the thrones of Sweden, Belgium, Spain, and the Netherlands are all female which surely is a record at one time.

Also the next queen of Denmark was born in Australia. She doesn't sound remotely Australian when speaking Danish though. The Danish Royal Family seem much more natural than the British ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

It's pretty bizarre to say the least, as there are gatherings nearby in Derry i see, there's even a few in Dublin getting all tuckered up too i hear.

I wonder will i get coverage in the bog tomorrow:D

It depends on which bog.
    If you're footing turf make sure there's a few hours life left in the battery of the auld transistor.
    If you are speaking of the domestic bog one assumes that it's a classy one and has a tv set installed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it's not unique. It has happened before as was pointed out by a poster earlier in the thread, that king Gustav VI of Sweden(I think. I'm sorry if I've misremembered the info they posted) walked his future daughter in law up the aisle as her father had died.

Maybe her mother didn't want to do it. I mean eyes of the world on you, in front of 800 people in a 15th century church which stands on a site that's had a castle there since the 11th century, and the top people in the British royal family watching you. I mean it's a daunting task when you think about it.

Maybe they'll get her to bring up the gifts, or ask her to do a prayer of the faithful or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Guardian has "not a Royalist" button on their website if you want to remove this stuff from your reading :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I know a lot of women who would rather watch paint dry.

I class this in the same category as Fifty Shades of S***, a complete and utter borefest to watch every minute of.

like watching someones wedding video.

Will look at a few photos afterwards to see the dress and a happy couple.

Outside of that, I wish them well, they seem genuinely in love.

I remember William and Kates Wedding was on a work day and there was a suggestion in work to arrange a theme party (cakes and Sambos) in the staff lounge. I was surprised how many people (of both sexes) voiced their opinions that this was not appropriate. It was left on in the staff room if people wanted to watch it, but no event.

Looks like they have a great day for it.

When you see the Royals in the past being forced to marry “suitable” people and given that Meghan would be the Palaces worst nightmare (trailer trash relatives), you cannot but admire Harry for following his heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Haven't really kept up with it at all, but this anti-Brit nonsense I've read here and reddit etc is pathetic to be honest. I thought we'd moved past that but it seems there's still lots of people out there with a significant chip.

No interest in watching it myself and will be busy today anyway so wouldn't have time, but hope it goes well for them and that anyone who does want to see it enjoys it.

I purposely stayed as far as possible from talk of this event till yesterday. Now I’m really looking forward to watching it.

Loved sky news last night going around the crowds who were camping out. The interviewer on the high street was having a great night. They were all getting sloshed and I think he was being handed a tipple or two as he went along.

I have all my ingredients for a large jug of Pimms ready and waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

So, they happy couple are to be Duke & Duchess of Sussex, Earl & Countess of Dumbarton, and Baron and Baroness Kilkeel. Sussex is the historic county South of London that includes Chichester, Brighton and Eastbourne, a title that hasn't been used since 1843. Dumbarton is a town 20 miles from Glasgow, on the Clyde, famous for glassmaking and shipbuilding.

Kilkeel ... I had to look that up, it's a fishing town on the County Down coast, about 10 miles from Newry. Welcome your new masters! :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Patww79 wrote: »

Just watching Ireland AM at the moment. Are the presenters going to the wedding? Certainly dressed like they are. Have to admire their dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I'm recording this in the hopes that Jeremy Corbyn streaks naked as a protest against the hypnotic privelege that these clowns hold over folks.

As far as Harry and Meghan go, best of luck , they are no better or worse than anyone else on this planet and I wish them well for their future.

If Jeremy does not streak, I will cancel the recording.

• Advertisement

Windsor looks like a beautiful town. I haven't spotted a homeless person yet!

I think every town in the world needs to liaise with Windsor council to learn
    how they solved their homeless crisis.

God bless you M'am and all your offspring, *doffs cap*!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Feck sake. Victoria Beckham looks even more miserable than normal. Member of staff went to greet her so she crossed her arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

George Clooney looks just nom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

sky news are sickening khunts

woman just goes to the reporter “ can i say hi to my twin daughters” ...”only if there watching at home on super high definition sky news”

think i got sick in my mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Posh spice was totes upstaged by Amal and she knows it. Omg, morto

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

On my 3rd can of Heineken already. Should be a great day in front of the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Kay burley is luvin it

Will Elton take to the piano, bit of crocodile rock?

• Advertisement

The child doesn't want to talk to you Kay Burley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Watching on The BBC, with a mug of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

mojesius wrote: »
    The child doesn't want to talk to you Kay Burley!

She just said look at u with ure snotty nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Wow. The Suits gals look stunning.

That pale blue gets my best dressed vote. Super dooper chic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

James Corden ffs

We all know that David Furnish wishes he was married to Becks rather than Elton.

Loving Joss Stone eating gum like a cow chewing the cud, she displays about as much etiquette as those homeless folks who dared to sleep out in Windsor the last month.

Throw her out M'am. She's ruining my viewing!

• Advertisement

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    We all know that David Furnish wishes he was married to Becks rather than Elton.

Loving Joss Stone eating gum like a cow chewing the cud, she displays about as much etiquette as those homeless folks who dared to sleep out in Windsor the last month.

Throw her out M'am. She's ruining my viewing!

Ah in fairness to Mrs Elton, don't we ALL want to be married to Becks? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I turned on the T V.
    David Beckham in a suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Serena Williams looks gorgeous!

Serena looks absolutley stunning. Deffo on my best dressed list too. So chic.

There's the gold cloaks from kings landing

• Advertisement
Advertisement