Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Rotary phone

• 03-05-2018 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭

I’ve tried searching but can’t find anything recent.

I’ve got two rotary phones I’m trying to get working. Ill start with trying to get one Working.

Trying to connect a new cable from a virgin media suoerhub to it. Tried First just wiring green to green red to red yellow to yellow, didn’t work.

Tried putting yellow and green together and red to red but got nothing.

Any one any suggestions? I have heard some noise but no dial tone and tried ringing pfrom my mobile and ringing out to my mobile but no luck

Comments

Does virgin media support pulse dialling?

I imagine Virgin offer a voice over IP telephone service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As above, that’s pulse dialling which won’t work on VM. You can get pulse to tone converters if youre really into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thanks. I guess to hook it up and work properly I need a converter so. I should be able to get a dial tone though either way, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think you should manage a DT with the 48v off the ATA in the Hub 3.0. The line is Green and Red (outside Terminals)

Those go to the centre two pins of the RJ11 cable.

Advertisement