Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Galway thoughts

• 03-05-2018 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Just looking for information from any daily commuters to Galway. I've been offered a job in a multi national in the Briarhill industrial estate.
    I live 12 mins outside Ennis. Do ye find this a bit of a struggle daily? I'm debating waiting for something closer. What do ye commuters think?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What does google maps suggest the journey time to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Briarhill is a fukn disaster for traffic.all day every day even a Sunday.lights upon lights upon lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

What does google maps suggest the journey time to be?

Just checked there and it has the journey at approx 70km, That's very doable in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    What time does it say you'd do it in.

A week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭daludo

Ya just as I thought, I heard Briarhill was a bit of a joke. Your probably talking 1 hour plus each way for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It really would depend on your start time, if you're starting at 9 then you'll probably be looking to be on the road at 7.30 if you're starting at 8 then you could get away with a 7 departure time. Good news is there is it's untolled motorway for most of the distance, bad news is Galway traffic

Clareman wrote: »
    It really would depend on your start time, if you're starting at 9 then you'll probably be looking to be on the road at 7.30 if you're starting at 8 then you could get away with a 7 departure time. Good news is there is it's untolled motorway for most of the distance, bad news is Galway traffic

You could take an hour from end of motorway to briarhill/parkmore and thats if you can find somewhere to park when you finally get there.they should set up park and ride from the old Galway airport in and do away to fcuk with all the traffic lights cos they are a fukn joke shop

Advertisement