Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A week in Ireland

• 04-05-2018 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My friends from Sydney are arriving into Dublin on a flight Monday morning. Ive told them I'd put an Itinery together consisting of a mix of social, historical sites, coastlines and adventures.

So my high level Itinerary for them is;

Monday/Tuesday - Dublin
    Guiness Factory, explore the city, Trip to Glendalough. ( Other recommendations here welcome)

Wednesday & Thurs - Killarney / Dingle -
    Trip to Killarney, Gap of Dunloe, Skellig Michael (if star wars fans lol) slea head

Friday - Doolin
    Connor Pass, Tarbert Killimer Ferry, Cliffs of Moher, Doolin for some trad music

Saturday - Killary
    Explore Galway City, Kylemore Castle Kayaking on Killary Fjord Head to fab B&B overlooking Killary Harbour. Wine and seafood.

Sunday - Belfast
    Titanic Exhibition, Black Cab tour, Giants Causeway

And Monday they fly to London. I think the drive cross country to Belfast from Killary is a bit of a stretch. But in my opinion Belfast is a really intriguing city and a must see!

Can anyone else ad anything? Does this seem like a decent itinerary?

They will be renting a car and working off a tight enough budget where possible.

Thanks folks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

That’s a lot in a short time. Are they flying out of Belfast? If not I would skip that leg the drive is just too long. Maybe spend a nite in Galway city or Westport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I think it's too much and they won't have much of a holiday if they're driving all over the country all week. They will be tried from their flight and with jet lag too. Perhaps it would be better to have 2/3 locations to stay and arrange trips to nearby attractions form this base before moving to the next place. Maybe start in Dublin, on to Mayo and down to Kerry/Cork via the wild Atlantic way? Loads of scope for viewing great scenery, good food and visit a few nice historical/cultural attractions.

Advertisement