Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superhero Wicklow 5K/10K Half - June 17th

Options
  • 04-05-2018 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭

This race is in aid of the Childrens hospital in Crumlin and starts at the Beehive in Wicklow. Entry is cheap at €17.10 for the half.
    They have a whole mini family festival going on during race day.The medal looks very nice too :D
    My physio is making great inroads fixing my knee, hoping this will be my comeback hobble race. I'm not involved with the organizers at all, just thought it would be nice to share here as its for a great charity (didnt see it anywhere else on the forum).

449976.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I'm signed up for the 10km. Great medal as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Please ungrind my gears... how much of this cheap entry goes to a Childrens Hospital? Because from the link you posted it looks like a for-profit race using a charity as a hook. Nothing wrong with that mind, but better to clarify these things before people use charity as a sign-up. Also, if its in aid of a charity, have the charity dictated the entry price rise after the start of June? Seems a bit unfair if its a charity fundraiser. One would almost think the organiser (google the number for similar charity races) is taking some of the entry fee to cover costs... and those costs would be bloody astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

You can earn you medals virtually as well
    https://www.facebook.com/Virtual-runs-Ireland-324632864710031/

Advertisement