Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

bigroad wrote: »
    She had to retire I think.
    All the same you would think they could find someone else.
    I suppose it depends on who their agent and what size the brown envelope is because there could be no other reason for some of them to be put in the positions they are in.

That’s right, but they were going to give Sean O’Rourke a new contract. Why not Mary?

(I like Mary)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A lot of people seem to dislike Blaithnid ni Chofaigh but I saw her presenting Nationwide from the Blaskets last week and I thought she did a good job. It's well worth watching back. I know it's easy to make the Blaskets look good but the camera work is great.

https://presspack.rte.ie/2020/11/09/nationwide-52/?platform=16&channel=48

Meanwhile good news about Mary. She is back on TG4.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0923/1167077-mary-kennedy-returns-to-screens-with-new-tg4-show/

elperello wrote: »

Good to know, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Oh man, what a blunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,547 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not following a single rule that they preach to us plebs 24/7, joke of an organisation. Outside of healthcare only an arsehole can get Covid, here we have a full display of arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

They can't run from that story........they're In Too Deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,547 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems very odd having www.superannrte.ie available to the general public, should be an intranet site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Seems very odd having www.superannrte.ie available to the general public, should be an intranet site.
    probably for retired folks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

All leave cancelled at the spin dept. for a week at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Lovely...

Mink animals gonna be killed, but these idiots have no issues spreading the flippin thing.

And many of them are in the 'at risk' category.

Wonder if Sean O'Rourke can apply to get his gigs back... cos this is imbecilic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It is one of the best place to go to see who is related to who in RTÉ.

Also you know the 108 managers that they have they are not just normal managers they are deputy heads of for example
    Departing Phil with RTE News chiefs Hilary McGouran and Jon Williams

Why does Jon need a Deputy?

And if every Executive has a Deputy that at least 10 more higher level managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,838 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Typical that the first order of business is "saying another mass". Because every single person in Ireland is a catholic :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Typical that the first order of business is "saying another mass". Because every single person in Ireland is a catholic :rolleyes:

Agreed. Plus wasn't Keelin Shanley non-religious/ atheist?

(Just an example of one RTE employee who's a non-believer). I think Kathryn THomas is non-religious/ atheist too.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    He didn't comment when asked about the story but provide a visual reaction instead...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKS0ouRMqogqsliUk1ENoMR7XTnyM1xq4rCXoDSqY&s=0

Dobbo, Miriam and DMcC should wear that pic as a face mask while on air as penance for their photo faux pas.

Suspend them without pay.

You'll recoup that 60 million in no time, Dee.

Suspend them without pay.

You'll recoup that 60 million in no time, Dee.

Imagine she had to suspend Jon her Deputy but not Deputy DG.

Fulsome apology from Brian Dobson. Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 34,838 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

fulsome (comparative fulsomer, superlative fulsomest)

1. Offensive to good taste, tactless, overzealous, excessive.

2. Excessively flattering (connoting insincerity).

:)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Fulsome apology from Brian Dobson. Fair play to him

If I'd been Michelle O'Neill I would replied: Will you be co-operating with the Gardaí in relation to the shin-ding that happened down there the RTÉ reception area last week.

fulsome (comparative fulsomer, superlative fulsomest)

1. Offensive to good taste, tactless, overzealous, excessive.

2. Excessively flattering (connoting insincerity).

:)

Touché!

I inadvertently used the right adjective :)

• Advertisement

National Union of Journalists now calling for a review...

Yikes... not a good look for RTe. Especially their 'we're all in this together' bullcrap.

bottom line, if you were stopped driving this morning and had no good reason, the fine is given out, end of discussion.

there's fines large as life splashed on the red tops for all to see, so where's drew harris now and his soap box?

rusty cole wrote: »
    bottom line, if you were stopped driving this morning and had no good reason, the fine is given out, end of discussion.

there's fines large as life splashed on the red tops for all to see, so where's drew harris now and his soap box?

Saw someone quip 'well, Seamus Woulfe has nothing to worry about now'. They're right-when the 'national broadcaster don't give a crap, why should he?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Just a reminder that Sean O'Rourke was sacked over Golfgate. It wasn't a night of it but it doesn't excuse it and it's reprehensible. The Head of News John Williams is in one of those photos.

Miriam O'Callaghan already had covid like, what ridiculous behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

National Union of Journalists now calling for a review...

Yikes... not a good look for RTe. Especially their 'we're all in this together' bullcrap.
    It comes as the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) has called for an urgent review of what they described as “grave breaches” of Covid-19 guidelines at RTÉ.

Would they ever fúck of with their Helen Lovejoy'esque nonsense.

Nipping in to have a photo with someone wouldn't even deem you a close contact under the HSE definition.

They shouldn't have done it, but the fake outrage is just plain silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    Just a reminder that Sean O'Rourke was sacked over Golfgate. It wasn't a night of it but it doesn't excuse it and it's reprehensible. The Head of News John Williams is in one of those photos.

He wasn't an employee of RTE at the time, so they couldn't of sacked him.
    Tpcl20 wrote: »
    Miriam O'Callaghan already had covid like, what ridiculous behaviour.

Had she? :confused:

Boggles wrote: »
    He wasn't an employee of RTE at the time, so they couldn't of sacked him.

Had she? :confused:

I think they mean Claire byrne is "alleged to have had it" :)

rusty cole wrote: »
    I think they mean Claire byrne is "alleged to have had it" :)

And tubs....

Which reminds me how do you get your drugs in lockdown?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Agreed. Plus wasn't Keelin Shanley non-religious/ atheist?

(Just an example of one RTE employee who's a non-believer). I think Kathryn THomas is non-religious/ atheist too.

Seriously, what the fuk are ye on about :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I am quite flabbergasted at RTEs people..

8 months they have been dining off incessant Covid coverage...Sharing every detail ad nauseum, and reminding us ad nauseam about sticking with the guidelines..

Advertisement