Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

mgn wrote: »
    What were the doing at 3pm today when the announced that a deal was done.
    Having their mask-free/social distancing free Christmas party?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What were the doing at 3pm today when the announced that a deal was done.

Don't know.

Just posted the FYI to let you know about the extended news.

Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

elperello wrote: »
    Don't know.

Just posted the FYI to let you know about the extended news.

Happy Christmas.

The dident extend the News either.

jmcc wrote: »
    Having their mask-free/social distancing free Christmas party?

Regards...jmcc

That's allowed, RTE are exempt from rules.

The dident extend the News either.

I was trying to help by posting when the announcer said they were extending the bulletin.

The news was listed from 6.01 to 6.15 including weather. It ran until about 6.30 plus weather.

That's an extension IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I was trying to help by posting when the announcer said they were extending the bulletin.

The news was listed from 6.01 to 6.15 including weather. It ran until about 6.30 plus weather.

That's actualy gas. Happy Christmas.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    That's actualy gas. Happy Christmas.

Many happy returns :)

And do you think a 30 minute News is good enough for the day that's in it.

Its not something that came out of the blue, it was well flagged last night that a deal was more or less done so the had plenty of time to get their act together.

If this happened last week it would have being wall to wall coverage for the day.

But we cant upset our RTE superstars by asking them to come in today for a few hours can we.

Its not something that came out of the blue, it was well flagged last night that a deal was more or less done so the had plenty of time to get their act together.

If this happened last week it would have being wall to wall coverage for the day.

But we cant upset our RTE superstars by asking them to come in today for a few hours can we.

I was just trying to help you out by posting the info. about the extended Six One News.

I suppose that like myself you tuned into a news channel when the deal was announced and picked up most of what was relevant.

RTE added reports from Dublin, London and Brussels and an interview with An Taoiseach.

TBH on Christmas Eve that will do me.

I'll get back to the detail later.

Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I was just trying to help you out by posting the info. about the extended Six One News.

I suppose that like myself you tuned into a news channel when the deal was announced and picked up most of what was relevant.

RTE added reports from Dublin, London and Brussels and an interview with An Taoiseach.

TBH on Christmas Eve that will do me.

I'll get back to the detail later.

Happy Christmas.

RTÉ started their news break on Monday, ditching the normal hour long six-one, very few companies shutdown on the 21dec.

Imagine if they had to run a 24 hour news channel... Oh wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

RTÉ says it's striving to improve Player amid complaints about 'frustrating' and 'ridiculous' service
    When asked about the issues raised by viewers, a spokesperson for RTÉ said the Player has a support team “that works 365 days a year and logs all feedback on the service”.

“These issues are then escalated to our technical teams,” they added.

The spokesperson also noted: “We constantly strive to improve the user experience both technically and by adding new content through live exclusives, box sets and longer catch-up rights from TV broadcast.”

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

retalivity wrote: »

We are going to continue to buy in 25m or more worth of content that would be better spent on a robust player, oh and if you want a doriean garraighy totes funny experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Player is a joke, I've long since given up on it as its just not worth the frustration. Its like they put 90% of their resources into making sure the ads play well (and often) and forgot about the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

The BBC didn't even bother putting the news out on BBC1 at the time it broke and they didn't even bother bringing back BBC News Channel presenters instead keeping with the BBC World News simulcast so no BBC News Channel presenters were asked to return

Nobody covered it as they would have last week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

RTE is running on auto in the most important time ever for our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

RTE is running on auto in the most important time ever for our country.

Couldn't agree more, we're are all it's highly paid correspondents, we're are all the overly paid presenters, it's an annual disgraceful set of affairs. I get people entitled to holidays but this year takes the biscuit on abandonment given what is going on in the country. Of course it could be argued none of them actually necessary, the Team carrying RTE at the moment doing an admiral job at present.

As an aside, also worth pointing out the appalling Sh*** across their channels this year, woeful stuff especially that T**l Baz on the hunt for Fungi, mother of God just awful muck altogether.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They’re going all in on your man Baz thanks to the success he had on Sky with that show he did with his mother.....

He’s their flavour of the decade now and as such, will churn out show after show with him front and center.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They’re going all in on your man Baz thanks to the success he had on Sky with that show he did with his mother.....

He’s their flavour of the decade now and as such, will churn out show after show with him front and center.

Baz has had a million chances already ffs, remember breakfast radio with Baz and Lucy? Wanderlust was another and must be 15 years old if not 20. Plus countless other crap.

But he’s with Noel Kelly so he’ll be set for life. And he won’t let the nasty fraudsters take your money.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, we're are all it's highly paid correspondents, we're are all the overly paid presenters, it's an annual disgraceful set of affairs. I get people entitled to holidays but this year takes the biscuit on abandonment given what is going on in the country. Of course it could be argued none of them actually necessary, the Team carrying RTE at the moment doing an admiral job at present.

As an aside, also worth pointing out the appalling Sh*** across their channels this year, woeful stuff especially that T**l Baz on the hunt for Fungi, mother of God just awful muck altogether.

The hunt for Fungi !. Are you kidding ?
    BTW you're right,he is a tool

The hunt for Fungi !. Are you kidding ?
    BTW you're right,he is a tool

Not kidding, Baz sent to Dingle (he'd actually had never been there before) kind of said it all really. I see the morning Ireland crew also reduced the show to one hour, giving that even bigger T*** Leaky Leo a full 20 minutes to further patronise the nation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just turned on the TV there and on RTÉ 1 we have a movie, followed by Fair City.

Over on RTÉ 2 we have Junior Masterchef......2014

It’s like they are goading us for some reason...

Just turned on the TV there and on RTÉ 1 we have a movie, followed by Fair City.

Gosh it's bad when tele shopping more interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nah, that’s just foreplay. My favourite was Mrs. Brown’s Boys Christmas Special - in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Nah, that’s just foreplay. My favourite was Mrs. Brown’s Boys Christmas Special - in August.

My favourite is people actually pay a licence fee!

Why arent they protesting like they were for water charges....

RTE presenters (Noel Kellys b*tches) all on over 100k thinking they can do f#ck all over the christmas....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

retalivity wrote: »

The RTE Player was launched on the 21st of April 2009 and has been complete dog sh1t since day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The RTE Player was launched on the 21st of April 2009 and has been complete dog sh1t since day one.

They even had an advert with that Jennifer McGuire witch to tell us all it was 'new and improved'...

It was more broken than ever before. Well done.

Turned on RTE 2 there-as they're showing the animated film, The Breadwinner. The one that was nominated for an Oscar for best animated feature (tho that doesnt' count for much-the Oscars never watch animated films).

It's in Irish, as Gaeilge....with no subtitles...

Why pay to even show it at all if one can't understand it?

Why is Morning Ireland reduced to one hour this week? And the rest of this week’s schedule is all over the place. Claire Byrne, Ryan Tubridy, Ray D’Arcy, all MIA. If we can do without them now, we can do without them for the rest of the year.

Noel Kelly must be some fierce negotiator, to get these breaks for his Talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Why is Morning Ireland reduced to one hour this week? And the rest of this week’s schedule is all over the place. Claire Byrne, Ryan Tubridy, Ray D’Arcy, all MIA. If we can do without them now, we can do without them for the rest of the year.

Talent ?

He has to know where there are many many bodies buried. That's the only explanation I can figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Hit the nail on the head...i listened to abit of marty morrisey this morning...he was filling in for tubridy....
    It was fairly sh1te but far less annoying than the DLB....

Alot cheaper too....just get rid of anyone in RTE over 200k...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Talent ?

He has to know where there are many many bodies buried. That's the only explanation I can figure.

Some durrrty pictures of folks currently sitting in the Dail would be my only explanation.

Few politicians with white lines on the table, one or two of em with a leather fetish...

Only explanation, tbh.

Advertisement